Page 105 of 212 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Wasn't X-man able to manipulate Magneto, turn in into one of his Horsemen? If Xavier is powerful enough and I believe this new and improved version is then he may be able to penetrate Magneto's helmet. But ultimately I don't think Xavier is manipulating or controlling anyone. He does seem to have plans and an agenda of some sort and he may well be the antagonist who comes into conflict with the X-men but I don't think he's telepathically influencing anyone. That would make him to much of the villian especially when the likes of Apocalypse and Sinister is involved.
    OMG what if we get the X-Illuminati with X, Magneto, Apocalypse, and Sinister. X decides he was wrong and it's time for mutants to take their proper place as the dominant species on Earth or Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It wouldn't be that hard to make mutants immortal beings if Hickman goes the same route as Coates in BP where Gods are perhaps people who start off with power but enough faith from others made them Gods. It could be actually interesting to see the X-men set up an Asgardian like world where they decide to become the Gods of men being that they are their natural evolution. Also X-force#9 though it may have nothing to do with anything kind of reinforced the notion of mutants going beyond humanity with enough faith, i.e. Askani.

It also comes with it's own innate limiter too in a way. You can see mutants like Magento and Xavier having enough faith in them to transcend but i just can't see it with an anole.
    They even hinted that in X-Force #9 when Mother Askani told Rachel that her consciousness was sustained after death by the faith of her followers. Now Mother Askani has merged with young Rachel, and Rachel just levelled up to god mode at the end of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zthe27th View Post
    I can't emphasize enough that my very good fan theory about the X-Men living on Mars that was based on three pieces of art, two sentences of advertising material, and one pun. The first word of the title of that theory is "Y'all". It was all done for a laugh.
    Seriously though, it's solid speculation. Will it be correct? Likely not, but connecting the dots like that makes sense considering it's Hickman.

That definitely makes sense as well. In many alternate timelines we saw mutants who were still young far into the future. Storm had her elemental form. Rogue looked exactly the same but Gambit was old. And as you have said Selene and Apocolaypse who can keep reincarnating or being reborn and then you have Mystique and Wolverine who have inherent super long life spans. So maybe different types of immortality. Mutants that can be reborn due to their x-gene and those who just live a really really long time.
    Making all or most mutants immortal sounds like a complete non-starter to me. It mainly serves to make the characters less relatable for almost no gain in stories that can be told.

The big takeaway is going to be Hickman establishing more of a mutant culture.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Making all or most mutants immortal sounds like a complete non-starter to me. It mainly serves to make the characters less relatable for almost no gain in stories that can be told.
    Not to mention that it takes any danger out of the story. If everyone is superman, no one is superman.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Not to mention that it takes any danger out of the story. If everyone is superman, no one is superman.
    To quote The Wicked +The Divine by Kierron Gillen, "Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you'll live forever".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think "immortal" would be grossly overstating it.
    It's been stated throughout X-Lore that Mutants generally have greater durability, resistance to diseases, longevity, endurance etc. (which makes absolute sense, based on the powers they wield) than regular humans. Probably...if that particular wild speculation holds even a kernel of truth...those basic, inherent gifts are 'enhanced' even further...probably?

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    To quote The Wicked +The Divine by Kierron Gillen, "Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you'll live forever".
    They can still get killed, so immortal doesn't change a lot

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They can still get killed, so immortal doesn't change a lot
    With their way of life, it's the most likely…
    But would mean for a species if his members don't die? No need for new-borns… Shouldn't they be sterile?

Or it will be a way for them to explain away characters seem to "come back to life" a couple of years after being dead. Because I guess humans just go on vacations, sabbaticals, summer camp, or college in order for them to be taken out of plot lines for a length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    With their way of life, it's the most likely…
    But would mean for a species if his members don't die? No need for new-borns… Shouldn't they be sterile?
    Not necessarily, we don't know how long it takes any given mutant to come back. perhaps all mutations are in a way connected and some have to exist. It's fun to speculate though. For instance Selene and apocalypse, even mister immortal can obviously come back but it's not like it's an instantaneous thing. Also if you think about it the "deity" of death and rebirth, the Phoenix, seems to have some weird connection/love of mutants. To take it one step further given the cover to House of X where we see young storm and old storm what's to say Storm didn't really die during the stoyline with Havok where he shot the machine (Shame on me for not remembering) and easy rewrite to say that was her coming back. There is a lot to play with in the world of mutants that doesn't make this idea so unbelievable. i also don't think immortality takes away the danger of death. Heck even Astonishing X-men had Xavier's consciousness in the astral plain struggling with the shadow king despite his body being mutilated and parts of his brain implanted into the red Skull.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

When we are young
    Wandering the face of the earth
    Wondering what our dreams might be worth
    Learning that we're only immortal
    For a limited time
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Not necessarily, we don't know how long it takes any given mutant to come back. perhaps all mutations are in a way connected and some have to exist. It's fun to speculate though. For instance Selene and apocalypse, even mister immortal can obviously come back but it's not like it's an instantaneous thing. Also if you think about it the "deity" of death and rebirth, the Phoenix, seems to have some weird connection/love of mutants. To take it one step further given the cover to House of X where we see young storm and old storm what's to say Storm didn't really die during the stoyline with Havok where he shot the machine (Shame on me for not remembering) and easy rewrite to say that was her coming back. There is a lot to play with in the world of mutants that doesn't make this idea so unbelievable. i also don't think immortality takes away the danger of death. Heck even Astonishing X-men had Xavier's consciousness in the astral plain struggling with the shadow king despite his body being mutilated and parts of his brain implanted into the red Skull.
    I like what you said here, and it's a great idea, and there IS a lot to play with...
    Good call on the deity of rebirth too... and this would make all the resuscitation easier to swallow in hindsight

If mutation is about improvement, what bigger obstacle than death? Maybe some of our mutants have reached that point and it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I like what you said here, and it's a great idea, and there IS a lot to play with...
    Good call on the deity of rebirth too... and this would make all the resuscitation easier to swallow in hindsight

If mutation is about improvement, what bigger obstacle than death? Maybe some of our mutants have reached that point and it makes sense.
    It is interesting to note that the Phoenix which is the ultimate cosmic expression of Life > Death > Rebirth is actually really fascinated with the mutants of Earth. She keeps coming back for various reasons that involve mutants, the last big one was to come back and reverse the effects of the Decimation.