Page 117 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering how Hope was raised, what Scott did with her was nothing
    I don't think she needed to relive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I'm not even a Scott "fan" but give him a break, she was no regular "student", she was going to receive the Phoenix Force, you can't expect him to go easy on her considering that.
    I didn't mean to imply he was evil or anything I just thought that training montage looks bad. But honestly I loved the Extinction Team and I hate that Marvel tried to make them the villains of the whole thing to boost the Avengers. It almost felt like Marvel was trying to punish the X-books for being more popular than the Avengers at the time. They wanted synergy with the movies so they wanted the Avengers to be the premier team of the comics just like the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think she needed to relive it.
    Huh? She trained under Cable, and I am willing to bet every dollar I own that he trained her as bad, if not worse than Scott. And she counted her time with Cable as some of the happiest times in her whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Huh? She trained under Cable, and I am willing to bet every dollar I own that he trained her as bad, if not worse than Scott. And she counted her time with Cable as some of the happiest times in her whole life.
    I think it's inconsistent writing. Your right about Hope's training with Cable, and she would have tried harder against Scott and engaged him in hand to hand as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    1) Taylor didn't write a competent Jean, he wrote a Jean with no flaws or problems to overcome whatsoever. Including having one of the most ruthless villains in the series patiently wait in her doom fortress to let Jean call in reinforcements and arm everyone with anti-telepathy armor. I don't know why a Jean fan would like that. It's a combo of patronizing and insulting.
    Alright, it was a mistake on the script. But the series didn't got any less good because of it. The theme of the series was mostlly meta, less about trade punches with the villain.
    2) Jean had a reasonable plan. Of course Emma was going to taunt her about it backfiring, but Jean was more focused on the current status than getting in a catfight. Ignoring Emma and keeping her attention where it needed to be is EXACTLY what Jean does.
    Seems really convenient so Jean couldn't call Emma on her BS Not a good excuse for the poor writing
    3) Jean has been on almost every single piece of promotional material. Not just on it, but front and center. There are fans that should be worried based on what we have seen. Fans of a good Charles, fans of Magneto, fans of Rachel, fans of Bishop, and yes, fans of Emma. But I'm not sure what more Marvel could do to convince you.
    Emma is Hickaman favorite, she will be super fine.

I know that she will show up and a lot, that doesn't mean good writing. I hope for it, but I don't trust Hickman

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

No wonder she hates him
    Never thought this would be used to describe Scott as a terrible person.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I miss JRJR.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I didn't mean to imply he was evil or anything I just thought that training montage looks bad. But honestly I loved the Extinction Team and I hate that Marvel tried to make them the villains of the whole thing to boost the Avengers. It almost felt like Marvel was trying to punish the X-books for being more popular than the Avengers at the time. They wanted synergy with the movies so they wanted the Avengers to be the premier team of the comics just like the movies.
    Oh no, it wasn't addressed at you, don't worry.

And I loved the Extinction Team as well, one of my favs, and I never saw them as villains, not even on AvX (when it was obvious they were trying, like you said) because **** it, they were right and **** the Avengers anyways.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It depends on your views on how much damage Emma did to Jean's life.
    Which either is:
    1. Jean was humiliated in Morrison's run through gaining godlike power and ending a marriage to a man she clearly didn't love/care about anymore.
    2. The affair between Scott and Emma was not so bad as some stuff other characters did and, through extensive work, they could eventually be on more friendly terms.

Polarizing, I know. Anyway, there are X-Men who should be on worse terms (in theory), like Cyclops/Cable/Hope and Bishop, but even so, there are people able to gloss over whatever they want. Then again, you have to remember how many of them are able to forgive Magneto on a whim. So it's up to you to decide, I guess. It's by no means a crime and sure, a valid opinion as many others are.
    I think it could've been a mix of both. Not that Jean didn't love Cyclops, but their experiences and Scott's merge with Apocalypse had pretty devastating effects on the marriage. Not condoning what Emma did, but it wasn't the worse thing that the X-Men have forgiven. I don't think they should start out as friends but I'd like them to eventually work to a place where they could at least invite each other to a birthday party.

The marriage was in crisis, Maybe without Emma the marriage would be back on track. Marriage have down and ups.
    Jean loved and still loves Scott why would she be friends with Emma? LOL She also badmouthed Jean every chance she had. There is also the dark phoenix.
    Friends? no freacking way
    I don't think they stopped loving each other, but I think the marriage was in a period of duress. Scott and Jean were at a point of needing immediate counseling otherwise it was going to fail. At that point, Scott had even said being with Jean was just a reminder of the past. There's not really any reason to believe the marriage would've just fixed itself, this wasn't just an average marital fight. Jean no longer had the empathy she was once full of, and Scott felt disconnected from her after spending such a long time in a pretty unhealthy psychic rapport.

No it shouldn't. Emma was also a villain.
    When? Most of Jeen and Emma's interactions have been under friendly terms, even after IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I miss JRJR.
    we lost him to superman in puberty, bud

we'll never get him back
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No wonder she hates him
    Why is Cyclops doing the crotch chop at her? Is the crotch chop an essential part of X-Men training?

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Don't forget Storm, she has suffered the most, she is fodder since IvX and hasn't appeared in much of the Hickman promos. I love Jean but Storm is in way bigger danger than her.

I'm not too worried anymore honestly because she has appeared in some covers in HOX and POX

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Why is Cyclops doing the crotch chop at her? Is the crotch chop an essential part of X-Men training?

It's either that or the Shia Labeouf "Do IT!" stance. Pick your poison.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Oh no, it wasn't addressed at you, don't worry.

And I loved the Extinction Team as well, one of my favs, and I never saw them as villains, not even on AvX (when it was obvious they were trying, like you said) because **** it, they were right and **** the Avengers anyways.
    damn straight they were right. Scott was right! I did feel a bit bad for Emma during Phoenix 5, she was the only one who was a bit worried they were all losing themselves in the Phoenix. But they were definitely right. In the end if the stupid Avengers had just let Hope get the Phoenix then the Phoenix would have done what it came to do in the first place, restore the mutants to the Earth and undo the decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think it could've been a mix of both. Not that Jean didn't love Cyclops, but their experiences and Scott's merge with Apocalypse had pretty devastating effects on the marriage. Not condoning what Emma did, but it wasn't the worse thing that the X-Men have forgiven. I don't think they should start out as friends but I'd like them to eventually work to a place where they could at least invite each other to a birthday party.

I don't think they stopped loving each other, but I think the marriage was in a period of duress. Scott and Jean were at a point of needing immediate counseling otherwise it was going to fail. At that point, Scott had even said being with Jean was just a reminder of the past. There's not really any reason to believe the marriage would've just fixed itself, this wasn't just an average marital fight. Jean no longer had the empathy she was once full of, and Scott felt disconnected from her after spending such a long time in a pretty unhealthy psychic rapport.

When? Most of Jeen and Emma's interactions have been under friendly terms, even after IvX.

I actually really liked how the O5 forgave Emma for what happened in New Tian. I can't remember did this scene occur after the Jean Grey mini? It would make sense that Jeen would be somewhat more ok with Emma after the mini since Emma did try pretty hard to help Jeen. On the other hand Emma did give Jeen a lot of training prior to IvX so it could still just be friendship.