Page 135 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Too many times, too many times. Then again, the Apocalypse image hits the spot when it comes to nonsense.
    Well, Moira has a taste for bald megalomaniacs.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    So, the X-Men choose to flee instead of creating a world with better conditions for the mutant race, not just their generation but the future generation of mutants who are not yet been born?What such cowards and certainly not a positive model for anyone! All what they have done are no more relevant in that case: all their battles, their contests against discriminatory laws.
    There are always fear and hatred as like the real world because X Men's stories are inspired by yours. They should rename this event: the Cowardise of the X instead!
    We had a really great discussion about this a few weeks back. Sometimes in order for things to heal, a break is needed and you need to step away. I'm fully on board with the X-Men leaving if that is what's happening.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

So, the X-Men choose to flee instead of creating a world with better conditions for the mutant race, not just their generation but the future generation of mutants who are not yet been born?What such cowards and certainly not a positive model for anyone! All what they have done are no more relevant in that case: all their battles, their contests against discriminatory laws.
    There are always fear and hatred as like the real world because X Men's stories are inspired by yours. They should rename this event: the Cowardise of the X instead!
    If the pages we're already seen, they aren't disconnected from the world entirely- they have these portals that can make them go to Mars (or wherever their base is) quickly.

Just throwing this out there: if the X-Men are allegories for marginalized people, would you call them “cowards” for being a little sick of constantly being killed, raped, beaten, and dehumanized with no fairness or justice from a system that’s supposed to protect them? I wouldn’t blame the X-Men if they noped out of there when they saw government-funded Sentinels on their lawn.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What is Xavier's best ship?
    I was always more of a Xavier/Lilandra person but what is the consensus here?

ngl Xavier and Mystique was so out of left field and wild that I loved it based on that. But the XMCU kind of ruined all my fav Xavier couples so I ship him and celibacy.

Charlie's true love is his right hand as it harnesses the energy of the light beaming from his lustrous cranium.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What is Xavier's best ship?
    I was always more of a Xavier/Lilandra person but what is the consensus here?
    Magneto, obviously. How is that even a debate?

Prof. X and Jean now that he has Fantomex's body

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    No, Moira, No! Okay, this is ****** or *the ***** or both. Moira is always my second-favorite character after Magneto. I've been tunneling deeply in continuity, science, as well as writing and posting about how Marvel has treated this brilliant female character. I'm perturbed at the moment. Also, saying to myself, *Damn Hickman, he's been burrowing deep in continuity too.*

Remember when the Celestial SHIP let Moira enter even though she not only is not a mutant but has no X-gene? I have my own perfectly plausible explanation, but now maybe Marvel is going to deal with this.

Remember this, X-Office and Hickman, this isn't a sex story. Moira MacTaggert is as brilliant and focused as Tony Stark, almost as smart as Reed Richards. Don't f*ck her up! She was brilliant and obsessed with knowledge and relentlessly curious and competitive. She had many secrets. Would she do what it takes with Apocalypse to get advanced knowledge? Yes, she would. Again, Hickman is mining obscure continuity. Remember that Herbert Wyndham the High Evolutionary gained advanced bio and genetics knowledge from a mysterious attendee at a genetics conference in the 1920s. This was revealed to be En Sabah Nur. Remember that Sinister was given advanced genetics knowledge by En Sabah Nur in the 19th century. Moira had a mysterious professor while she was a graduate student (when she was still a teenager because she was f*cking brilliant) along with young Xavier at Oxford, and it was highly implied that this professor was just another Sinister avatar. Argh, Hickman is so annoying right now.

I still say Xavier is Proteus' daddy.

Real world story: I asked Dave Cockrum several times, many years ago, what he thought about how Xavier treated Moira, and who Proteus' father was. He said that at the time he was first working with Chris Claremont, it was his understanding that the intention was, for Proteus to be Xavier's kid but that after he left the X-Books the first time, Chris changed direction and came up with the Gabrielle Haller and Legion story instead. It never made sense to me that Joe MacTaggert who also had ZERO x-gene, not even a recessive x-gene and Moira who had ZERO x-gene, not even a recessive one, could create the uber powerful reality warper and energy eating Proteus. So, on panel, solid continuity, Moira has displayed her DNA profile in three dimensions, she has commented in different stories, about her lack of an x-gene, about her late husband's total non-mutant status. I hope Hickman is going to respect that too. Not happy if Moira is suddenly not human any longer.

For all fans who have been pregnant and/or had babies -- I know we are out there -- remember cell migration, remember how many years baby's cells remain alive in our bodies; this is true for all mammals. Of course the men who write X-Men comics wouldn't think about this, except Chris Claremont who has several children and is unusually sensitive to the feminist narrative in fiction and is Moira's creator. It's real world science, it's continuity (check out CLASSIC X-MEN back up story with Moira). That's all I'm sayin' .

So I guess Moira fans are biting our nails here until we read the books.
    Last edited by Rivka; 06-22-2019 at 12:20 PM.

BANNED

There's only so much you can do before you hit a point where you see it's not worth it. The X-Men worrying less about being accepted by the flatscans and more about building stuff for them and them only isn't that much of a stretch neither is it cowardly. It's the same BS mentality behind the "don't fight hate with hate" as if what the oppressors do is in any way equivalent to the oppressed do as reaction.

God, this is why Bendis/Hickman's Cyclops was right. Revolution and discarding the foolish super-hero logic is the only valid path.

I like to ship Xavier with Magneto because that way they do not bother other innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Ready for Hickman to bring the X-Men version of Gwen Stacy secretely dating Norman Osborn before she died and having two aged-up kids with him

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Ready for Hickman to bring the X-Men version of Gwen Stacy secretely dating Norman Osborn before she died and having two aged-up kids with him
    I sort of want to see this, though, to be fair, the X-Men have this scenario come up every other month, so I feel like it won't be that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    There's only so much you can do before you hit a point where you see it's not worth it. The X-Men worrying less about being accepted by the flatscans and more about building stuff for them and them only isn't that much of a stretch neither is it cowardly. It's the same BS mentality behind the "don't fight hate with hate" as if what the oppressors do is in any way equivalent to the oppressed do as reaction.

God, this is why Bendis/Hickman's Cyclops was right. Revolution and discarding the foolish super-hero logic is the only valid path.
    The better would be to ask the mutants what they want…
    I bet that the Maslow's hierarchy of needs would be respected.

Nevertheless, following a dream is exhilarating.