Page 139 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's actually interesting. What if something like the world exists and the Xmen go away for a few months which allows them to evolve in a short span of time in the marvel u but maybe decades for them (assuming they really become immortal) That allows them to reintroduce themselves into the MU on a whole other power scale.
    I was thinking on the opposite: twin paradox.
    It would be nice to see the laws of physics respected on a comic for a change…

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Depending on how serious things are, we could end up having to wait longer for HOX /POX
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...61481836929024

JDW isn't feelings well, and is trying to make the deadline rather than go to the doctor. If he can do that, remains to be seen. Hopefully it's nothing too bad if he is trying to push through. I wish him well.
    Me: I guess Hickman will have some witty but sympathetic tweet about JDW's state, lemme check.
    Hickman: https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1142200059863425024

Incredible Member

It seems to me the metaphore of going away for the mutants would send a terribly wrong message. Does it mean that when you're harrassed for your origins, your sexual orientation or whatever the salute is in leaving?
    Lots of people feel the X-Men stand for oppressed minorities. What is the message you convey to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I was thinking on the opposite: twin paradox.
    It would be nice to see the laws of physics respected on a comic for a change…
    Interesting i learned something new. I don't think it would work though when there are so many mutants that can teleport far distances like Magick and Lila Cheney. Also if they did that since the mutants are the returning ones they would have to age everyone in the marvel universe which i don't think they will do. I imagine it to be more like the world where Storm and Logan spent years together in Wolverine and the X-men but didn't age a day when they returned. But what would really be mind blowing is if Xavier somehow uses his powers to collectively allow time for mutants to pass in like the astral plane or something and those evolution are brought back to their real bodies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    It seems to me the metaphore of going away for the mutants would send a terribly wrong message. Does it mean that when you're harrassed for your origins, your sexual orientation or whatever the salute is in leaving?
    Lots of people feel the X-Men stand for oppressed minorities. What is the message you convey to them?
    As a bi black man living in America i can tell you sometimes you just have to regroup. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If malcom x and MArtin luther both had the same strategy we would not have gotten as far as we have today. It's okay to step back and plan, that's different from running away.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

"It's okay to want to have a safe space, you do not have to be suicidal to be a hero."

You have to be brave to abandon your life to go somewhere else away from your origins to be yourself. Any LGTB association will tell you that coming out of the closet in a hostile and violent environment is a terrible idea. People with privilege = mutants like Magneto, Storm, Jean Grey, Iceman can afford to live among humans. Thousands of mutants do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Depending on how serious things are, we could end up having to wait longer for HOX /POX
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...61481836929024

JDW isn't feelings well, and is trying to make the deadline rather than go to the doctor. If he can do that, remains to be seen. Hopefully it's nothing too bad if he is trying to push through. I wish him well.
    ... If this is just “I should get a check up,” then sure. I’m the same.

If this is putting off treatment for an unknown painful issue, then this is a mistake. The event and his job with it is not worth anyone’s health. Especially since this probably won’t be as big or hugely memorable as the hype makes it out to be and some people believe it is.

The job will still be there. If it somehow isn’t, then the job wasn’t worth it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "It's okay to want to have a safe space, you do not have to be suicidal to be a hero."

You have to be brave to abandon your life to go somewhere else away from your origins to be yourself. Any LGTB association will tell you that coming out of the closet in a hostile and violent environment is a terrible idea. People with privilege = mutants like Magneto, Storm, Jean Grey, Iceman can afford to live among humans. Thousands of mutants do not.
    For me it's a wrong response on so many levels. It will reinforce the feeling that "normal humans" are in their right, if mutants leave, it's that they know they are sinners. That integration doesn't work, and that to live happy you must live hidden from the world. What does it say to real life minorities? Immigrants? Gay people?
    It's an abandon of the dream.
    What I hoped was a better era for mutants, less toxic, but if it means abandoning the pursuit of co-existence it just have a terrible meaning for mutants in comics and minorities in real life.

I don't have the Sharpie marker and white board needed to track who's on Team Crystal and who's on Team Medusa.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

For me it's a wrong response on so many levels. It will reinforce the feeling that "normal humans" are in their right, if mutants leave, it's that they know they are sinners. That integration doesn't work, and that to live happy you must live hidden from the world. What does it say to real life minorities? Immigrants? Gay people?
    What I hoped was a better era for mutants, less toxic, but if it means abandoning the pursuit of co-existence it just have a terrible meaning for mutants in comics and minorities in real life.
    You do know that in the real world slaves escaped southern states where slavery was still all the rage and relocated to northern states where slavery was abolished. Were they cowards for escaping from the south to the north, despite the fact that many ended up joining the army to fight against the confederacy? Now if this is just mutants deciding lets relocate and never deal with humanity or return to earth again that is a different story but if they are escaping so they can come back and change the world that's a big difference.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Do you mean the same immigrant people who often are because they have had to flee their country? The LGTBI people who have to leave towns and countries and meet in safe spaces for them?

Anyone who has experienced discrimination in their life can tell you that they learn to choose when it is wise to fight and when it is wise to be safe. There are thousands of people who are refugees due to their sexual condition. Are those people coward for not having fought in their countries?

Xavier's dream is a dream born of the ideas of the 60s of how to deal with the problems of minorities, in the 21st century it is clumsy and condescending with the reality we live.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Bishop and jubliee are in the first wave of x books

https://twitter.com/chrisrobinson/st...254190595?s=19
    Good news. I 'm liking this Bishop renaiscense

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Do you mean the same immigrant people who often are because they have had to flee their country? The LGTBI people who have to leave towns and countries and meet in safe spaces for them?

Anyone who has experienced discrimination in their life can tell you that they learn to choose when it is wise to fight and when it is wise to be safe. There are thousands of people who are refugees due to their sexual condition. Are those people coward for not having fought in their countries?

Xavier's dream is a dream born of the ideas of the 60s of how to deal with the problems of minorities, in the 21st century it is clumsy and condescending with the reality we live.
    Of course not. They are not wrong, they are not cowards. That's not at all what I said. But in the US, who are supposed to be a democratic country, having mutants being forced to flee is a terrifying message. It looks like you've lost! As a gay european, I find it quite disturbing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I was misremembering something I read in an interview by Remender when Uncanny X-Force started

Before Disassembled, Apocalypse had those back up stories in X-Men Black. But that didn't really explain where he came from either.
    This is... interesting. So he simply decided to start over with him, Tabula Rasa... idea that also became plot point of his with Archangel later on.

Before that a future version of Apocalypse was in Extraordinary X-Men, but I think Nightcrawler ended up killing him.
    Yeah, those aren't really relevant. I guess Hickman decided to not bother and just have him back... or maybe he will surprise us with some nice continuity fill in. I really hope he does Apoc justice. He's a great concept that just waited a writer with vision and scope in mind. All of which is right up Hick's alley.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Good news. I 'm liking this Bishop renaiscense
    Hold your horsesn I was never said they would be alive or live threw it
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 06-23-2019 at 05:28 PM.