Page 142 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3173
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Oh, please. Give the 616 humanity a week they will build planet killing rockets to continue killing off mutants.
    What?? The Mutants have their own planet??? No this won’t do! Destroy them!!! Call the Avengers!! Tony Stark we need you to make a device that destroys planets.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    What?? The Mutants have their own planet??? No this won’t do! Destroy them!!! Call the Avengers!! Tony Stark we need you to make a device that destroys planets.
    It would most likely turn into a situation where all of a sudden parents are afraid for their mutant children because the big bad mutants are going to come and take them away from their parents before they can disown them and make them grow up on a planet surrounded by happiness and fairness. How dare they not allow them to throw their own children in the street for them to be killed. Or something like that. The dumbest part though is anyway you slice it mutants are human so the only true way to get rid of mutants is wiping out the human race. I believe some are williing
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

aw charlie and erik are holding hands before dying that is so soft

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I love how the Marvel Universe citizens have their priorities in order.

The Kree Empire is trying to colonize us! Let's build giant purple death robots to kill our own citizens!

Monsters are rampaging in the streets! Let's build giant purple death robots to kill our own citizens!

The Skrulls are taking over the world by process of assimilation! Let's build giant purple death robots to kill our own citizens!

Naked cultists from another dimension are trying to sell our world to Shuma-Gorath! Let's build giant purple death robots to kill our own citizens!

Ultron is leading an army of vending machines to become the dominant race on Earth! Let's build giant purple death robots to kill our own citizens!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    dad america please solve racism
    You're among the smartest people on these boards and I can't tell sometimes how serious your posts are, but this post is significant. This is the heart of it, for me. I've been thinking and thinking about Hickman's X-Men since I posted last in this thread, and I'm getting more and more disturbed.

Talk to me, someone. The analogy, the symbolism of the X-Men all the way back to Stan Lee -- justice and acceptance vs alienation, prejudice, racism, xenophobia. Justice or injustice. "Fighting for a world that hates and fears them." Isn't this message--no matter how inadequately expressed by comic book writers over the years--isn't it more important now than ever?

If Hickman is all about the battle for evolutionary supremacy on Marvel earth--I mean, we don't really know but that's what it seems at this point--and he wants to fracture the classic X-Men message, make it all about the actual fight between mutants and humans for dominance, is his story going to have a positive, helpful resolution? Or is it going to be just an extended X-Men video game, a war? Taken out of context, in isolation, you can get excited; oh what a cool idea. But it's running right up against the 50-year+ mission statement of the X-Men and the contrast to me is grim. Hickman, a white Southern man, seems to be saying, *Hey, it's true. The alienated, the minorities that you're persecuting (denying rights, life, justice) really ARE trying to take over the world and take you out. How can his *new* X-Men not be a comment on the X-Men of the past? Isn't this what White Nationalists dream about? Isn't this what the Neo Nazis believe? They believe people of color, Jews, anyone who threatens their power and sense of entitlement, their ability to control the world's resources, are in a war with them -- the idiocy of social Darwinism -- and they call it an evolutionary war. I'm sure Mr. Hickman is an open-minded, progressive, good person, but have he and his editors thought through what his *new* X-Men concept is going to look like in the meta sense?

We've had many discussions on this board about the relevance of the X-Men, and the symbolism, the analogy of the X-Men. But never has the Claremont X-Men been more relevant, in my opinion. Are the future X-Books going to be representative of the diversity of the people of the world, and are they going to continue to represent the fight for justice for the oppressed, the alienated, the persecuted?

It worries me. If Hickman does go off on a *mutants are really dangerous and trying to take over the world* direction, does he have an end-game? Is he going to bring this back around to the X-Men core concept? He's going to be the architect of a whole set of future X-Books based on his HoX and PoX series. Has anyone at Marvel thought this through? Other than editors like Brevoort who seems so giggly and giddy about Hickman's direction.

Anyway, I'm no expert and probably not expressing myself in an ept way, so I apologize. But I'm sincerely worried that the X-Men are being turned into a post-apocalyptic war comic where we're invited to identify with the underdog not in terms of alienation and the fight for justice, but in terms of revenge and violence and oppressing the oppressors.
    Last edited by Rivka; 06-23-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Totally undeserved thou
    MaYBE. There is a lot of underseved spotlights on x-men comics, Bishop isn't the worst.

the X-men really need more black and asian charaters, can't be stuck with these. X-fans deserve better.
    Yeah x-men needs more diversity

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah x-men needs more diversity
    Maybe it'll happen in 50 more years. lol

Incredible Member

Back when I began to read the X-Men, mutants were feared, yes but they were heroes and seen as such by the other superheroes. They had bad moments, tragedies, yet there were Baseball moments and friendship. The last few years have only been gloom and death. And when the only thing you have is guessing who will die this week (I look at you, Rosenberg!), you lose your empathy for characters, you just don't care.
    I hoped with X-Men Red that we'd see the end of this gloom era, that mutants would earn a little recognition and gain a little hope for "the dream" to become real. Because in the world we're living in we need hope from comic-books to show us a better way.
    And I find myself with people arguing that isolation is a good thing for mutants.
    If that's the only hope we have for mutants, the dream is dead, the X-Men should no longer exist and I just can no longer support this book I have supported for my whole life.
    What does it say about us?

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Back when I began to read the X-Men, mutants were feared, yes but they were heroes and seen as such by the other superheroes. They had bad moments, tragedies, yet there were Baseball moments and friendship. The last few years have only been gloom and death. And when the only thing you have is guessing who will die this week (I look at you, Rosenberg!), you lose your empathy for characters, you just don't care.
    I hoped with X-Men Red that we'd see the end of this gloom era, that mutants would earn a little recognition and gain a little hope for "the dream" to become real. Because in the world we're living in we need hope from comic-books to show us a better way.
    And I find myself with people arguing that isolation is a good thing for mutants.
    If that's the only hope we have for mutants, the dream is dead, the X-Men should no longer exist and I just can no longer support this book I have supported for my whole life.
    What does it say about us?
    We are approaching the DIAA moment. Darkness Induced Audience Apathy: If the hero has no way to win, and the world is a miserable place with no possible hope for redemption, where is the audience incentive to care?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    There are only a select few of Avengers that I actually like, but as a team no. But I agree with what your saying. When we had the AvX that was a very irritating Event for me because the Avengers act like they KNOW EVERYTHING. Anyway, I don’t wanna go on a tangent about that, but I just hope the Super Hero community feels some type of way that the X-Men are being pushed off planet.
    What exactly do you want the Avengers to do, what can they do? The Avengers are a collection of individual heroes who band together to combat greater threats to the earth, also they have personal villains and issues that they have to contend with. The X-men were created to deal with mutant related issues and let's be honest; yes a great number of humans are opposed to mutants but a lot of mutant problems stem from mutants themselves. So again what are the Avengers to do? Hold a press conference supporting mutants, attack Sentinel factories, overthrow the U.S Govt, what about going after mutant villains? The Avengers have/has had a multitude of various members, from enhanced humans, aliens, Atlantians, A.I's and yes even mutants. Not to mention various minorities, their current chairman is a black man. If the X-men and mutants in general chose to relocate to Mars that's on them, it has nothing to do with the Avengers and they have nothing to feel guilty about. They are dealing with world ending threats on a daily basis so if the mutants leave they will wish them well and get back to business. And are all mutants some hivemind, will all of them want to go to Mars? Who decides that mutants leave the planet, it won't be the humans. And let's not pretend that if all mutants relocate to Mars that it will be some utopian paradise with puppies, rainbows and sunshine. Just as humans disagree, fight and war among themselves so would mutants. Be it over religion, skin color or status there will be conflict. Will the pretty mutants want to cohabitate with the non-pretty ones, or will there be segregation. How about the more powerful ones, will they exert power over the weaker ones. Will there be elections, representation, democracy? What about the mutant villains, will they abandon their goals for power and domination. All things to consider but I suspect it won't come to any to that. And who wants to deal with all that when its easier to just blame the Avengers for not doing anything for mutants. I can picture T'challa, Falcon and Luke Cage being called out for being Avengers and not doing anything for mutants but at the same time being called the N word by the same white mutants. Kinda funny when you think about it.

If Steve Rogers can flee the government for not agreeing with a law or for running from a sentence he did not commit, I wonder what’s stopping him from breaking up a hate rally or beating up ONE soldiers that are murdering mutants in broad daylight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    We are approaching the DIAA moment. Darkness Induced Audience Apathy: If the hero has no way to win, and the world is a miserable place with no possible hope for redemption, where is the audience incentive to care?
    Exactly, that's why I don't want mutants isolation on another planet, that would be for me the acknowledgement of defeat.

ONE only exists in rosenberg's pocket dimension where there is no sunlight, similar to how coates' books take place in some far off future ahead of every other title, the real cap's fighting little wars and chasing his boy namor
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You do know that in the real world slaves escaped southern states where slavery was still all the rage and relocated to northern states where slavery was abolished. Were they cowards for escaping from the south to the north, despite the fact that many ended up joining the army to fight against the confederacy? Now if this is just mutants deciding lets relocate and never deal with humanity or return to earth again that is a different story but if they are escaping so they can come back and change the world that's a big difference.
    And to add, just last century, a large number of African Americans left the South because of: A. Jim Crow, B. better economic opportunities, and C. not get lynch for breathing. Sometimes you just get tired. Anyway, Mutants possibly going to Mars is likely their version of the Great Migration.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What exactly do you want the Avengers to do, what can they do? The Avengers are a collection of individual heroes who band together to combat greater threats to the earth, also they have personal villains and issues that they have to contend with. The X-men were created to deal with mutant related issues and let's be honest; yes a great number of humans are opposed to mutants but a lot of mutant problems stem from mutants themselves. So again what are the Avengers to do? Hold a press conference supporting mutants, attack Sentinel factories, overthrow the U.S Govt, what about going after mutant villains? The Avengers have/has had a multitude of various members, from enhanced humans, aliens, Atlantians, A.I's and yes even mutants. Not to mention various minorities, their current chairman is a black man. If the X-men and mutants in general chose to relocate to Mars that's on them, it has nothing to do with the Avengers and they have nothing to feel guilty about. They are dealing with world ending threats on a daily basis so if the mutants leave they will wish them well and get back to business. And are all mutants some hivemind, will all of them want to go to Mars? Who decides that mutants leave the planet, it won't be the humans. And let's not pretend that if all mutants relocate to Mars that it will be some utopian paradise with puppies, rainbows and sunshine. Just as humans disagree, fight and war among themselves so would mutants. Be it over religion, skin color or status there will be conflict. Will the pretty mutants want to cohabitate with the non-pretty ones, or will there be segregation. How about the more powerful ones, will they exert power over the weaker ones. Will there be elections, representation, democracy? What about the mutant villains, will they abandon their goals for power and domination. All things to consider but I suspect it won't come to any to that. And who wants to deal with all that when its easier to just blame the Avengers for not doing anything for mutants. I can picture T'challa, Falcon and Luke Cage being called out for being Avengers and not doing anything for mutants but at the same time being called the N word by the same white mutants. Kinda funny when you think about it.
    Let’s not make excuses for the Avengers. Mutant children die everyday by advance robots and your telling me the Avengers have to much on their plate. Lol wow. Nobody is asking them to hold a press conference, or overthrow the government etc. We ask that they actually make the effort to help or assist the X-Men in issues or situations like being attacked by mobs. He’ll go after X-Men villains themselves. Uncanny Avengers would have been the perfect thing for mutant and human relations, but it was comprised of nothing but Avengers. And they did nothing for the mutant nation. What I find frustrating is that many of your points are the same points Avenger fans like to make and those are nothing but excuses to NOT get involved in mutant relations.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-23-2019 at 08:37 PM.