Page 143 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3173
    BANNED

Cap can suck it. A shitty collaborator.

Let’s remember that early on in AvX he wanted to preventively put every single mutant in prison on such shaky grounds that fucking IRON MAN said it was too illegal.

CRYSTAL IN SECRET INVASION 10 YEARS AGO

- We are not aliens, we are natives of Earth. Why have we been forced to leave? It's our world, too!

+ We have been made to be the outcasts and the freaks, "shunned and feared by humankind." Maybe we should leave.

+ Our history has been in hiding from those who would harm us, we're "perpetual exiles." And that's not right!

- Being taken out of the shadows is scary!

- We fought to protect the world for humans and (insert race)! So we could one day share it and be the people of Earth! We're turning our backs on that.

+ We're doing so because of all of the constant abuse we get, and we can't take it anymore.

- If we become the ones who bring change, we could become what they feared we were!

+ Enough is enough! This is how we take control of our own destiny!

- This is a line we cannot cross!

+ MEDUSA: That's what it means to grow up. "We have been Earth's quaint little freak-children long enough."

the
    exact
    same
    debate
    already in a published marvel comic
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ONE only exists in rosenberg's pocket dimension where there is no sunlight, similar to how coates' books take place in some far off future ahead of every other title, the real cap's fighting little wars and chasing his boy namor
    This whole run feels like it belongs in a pocket dimension, I wouldn’t mind if it got revealed that it was even if it meant breaking WotR continuity. Have we even seen any flatscans that are in support of mutants?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Cap can suck it. A shitty collaborator.

Let’s remember that early on in AvX he wanted to preventively put every single mutant in prison on such shaky grounds that fucking IRON MAN said it was too illegal.
    Right!! I remember that LOL

what have the avengers done to stop flat-earthers, non-cyclops led anti-vaxxers, the production of boba tea, the migrant crisis, regulation-free corporations, the wage gap, climate change, the production of boba tea, gamergate, the alt-right, american healthcare, gun violence, private prisons, drug cartels, and mamatruckin' boba tea, god do i hate boba tea, it's disgusting, GOD
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

CRYSTAL IN SECRET INVASION 10 YEARS AGO

- We are not aliens, we are natives of Earth. Why have we been forced to leave? It's our world, too!

+ We have been made to be the outcasts and the freaks, "shunned and feared by humankind." Maybe we should leave.

+ Our history has been in hiding from those who would harm us, we're "perpetual exiles." And that's not right!

- Being taken out of the shadows is scary!

- We fought to protect the world for humans and (insert race)! So we could one day share it and be the people of Earth! We're turning our backs on that.

+ We're doing so because of all of the constant abuse we get, and we can't take it anymore.

- If we become the ones who bring change, we could become what they feared we were!

+ Enough is enough! This is how we take control of our own destiny!

- This is a line we cannot cross!

+ MEDUSA: That's what it means to grow up. "We have been Earth's quaint little freak-children long enough."

the
    exact
    same
    debate
    already in a published marvel comic
    Since when has that ever stopped the X-Office lol. The Inhumans are probably gonna be taking an extended vacation from monthly comics until the FF eventually revisit them for a guest appearance so I guess their niche is open for the X-Men to take. But not really seeing how mutants moving to Mars is substantially different than the Utopia era other than aesthetics. But we don’t know the full story yet so hopefully Hickman manages to do something genuinely innovative with the concept if he ends up going that route. I was sold on some of the concepts and little cookies he dropped in his interview but going by the solicits (which I understand aren’t supposed to give everything away) and art can’t say I’m incredibly hyped just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Exactly, that's why I don't want mutants isolation on another planet, that would be for me the acknowledgement of defeat.
    Who said anything about isolation tho? It is called a "safe homeland" and it is one thing the X-franchise refuse to do whether it is the X-mansion,Genosha, Utopia, Avalon/Asteroid M, Tian, Tranisa,Morlock Tunnels no place is safe for mutants.Quite frankly that doesn't make sense. How are the X-men going to save other mutant without a safe haven.I think people overreacting but there is nothing wrong with X-men having a home safe place on Mars. X-men gain credibility when they walk into a place talk mutant and say you have two choices

1.You can live on earth,and we are going to still be around fighting for you

or

2. You can live on Mars with own people who don't hate and fear you

I am fine with X-men hedging their bets,One day if humanity learns to live peace with mutants ,Then mutants won't have to live on "Mars" and If humans never accept us and it gets too bad there is place we have that nobody can hurt us. They aren't going to be isolationist there is no book if they are isolationist. I am fine with whatever form "safe space" comes in you can't write the same story if mutants have safe haven. You can't write IvX or this mutant cure story if mutants have Utopia or Genosha. I am fine with X-men commuting from Mars to Earth if means finally a safe place for mutants for awhile.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Honestly, if the X-men end up going to Mars, as the majority seems to think, I feel the more interesting aspect will be how mutants end up treating each other in their own society. There's always a hierarchy, and what may seem like peace, may not actually be peace. Discrimination will appear in some way.

On another side note, the X-men will probably end up reverting back to their traditional views eventually. Besides, I can see them still making an effort to be heroes on Earth. My only actual wonder, is if Hickman's work will live up to the hype.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Misdirect.
    But in which direction?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    You're among the smartest people on these boards and I can't tell sometimes how serious your posts are, but this post is significant. This is the heart of it, for me. I've been thinking and thinking about Hickman's X-Men since I posted last in this thread, and I'm getting more and more disturbed.

Talk to me, someone. The analogy, the symbolism of the X-Men all the way back to Stan Lee -- justice and acceptance vs alienation, prejudice, racism, xenophobia. Justice or injustice. "Fighting for a world that hates and fears them." Isn't this message--no matter how inadequately expressed by comic book writers over the years--isn't it more important now than ever?

If Hickman is all about the battle for evolutionary supremacy on Marvel earth--I mean, we don't really know but that's what it seems at this point--and he wants to fracture the classic X-Men message, make it all about the actual fight between mutants and humans for dominance, is his story going to have a positive, helpful resolution? Or is it going to be just an extended X-Men video game, a war? Taken out of context, in isolation, you can get excited; oh what a cool idea. But it's running right up against the 50-year+ mission statement of the X-Men and the contrast to me is grim. Hickman, a white Southern man, seems to be saying, *Hey, it's true. The alienated, the minorities that you're persecuting (denying rights, life, justice) really ARE trying to take over the world and take you out. How can his *new* X-Men not be a comment on the X-Men of the past? Isn't this what White Nationalists dream about? Isn't this what the Neo Nazis believe? They believe people of color, Jews, anyone who threatens their power and sense of entitlement, their ability to control the world's resources, are in a war with them -- the idiocy of social Darwinism -- and they call it an evolutionary war. I'm sure Mr. Hickman is an open-minded, progressive, good person, but have he and his editors thought through what his *new* X-Men concept is going to look like in the meta sense?

We've had many discussions on this board about the relevance of the X-Men, and the symbolism, the analogy of the X-Men. But never has the Claremont X-Men been more relevant, in my opinion. Are the future X-Books going to be representative of the diversity of the people of the world, and are they going to continue to represent the fight for justice for the oppressed, the alienated, the persecuted?

It worries me. If Hickman does go off on a *mutants are really dangerous and trying to take over the world* direction, does he have an end-game? Is he going to bring this back around to the X-Men core concept? He's going to be the architect of a whole set of future X-Books based on his HoX and PoX series. Has anyone at Marvel thought this through? Other than editors like Brevoort who seems so giggly and giddy about Hickman's direction.

Anyway, I'm no expert and probably not expressing myself in an ept way, so I apologize. But I'm sincerely worried that the X-Men are being turned into a post-apocalyptic war comic where we're invited to identify with the underdog not in terms of alienation and the fight for justice, but in terms of revenge and violence and oppressing the oppressors.
    Exactly what I'm worrying about! Thanks for explaning it in a more global way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Have not you heard about the thousands of LGBT people who have to flee their home countries and leave their families to find a place to be themselves?
    Those countries/communities ain't exactly becoming safer for the neXt generation tho :/
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think there is one mutant that has reached their full potential
    Skin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Words are hard and English language is crap. Why dose knife have a silent k, why not lose the k and just make knife nife?
    Looks cooler...
    The Avengers do not have the time to solve racism, no.
    Strict and round the clock orgy's.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    the X-men really need more black and asian charaters, can't be stuck with these. X-fans deserve better.
    you ain't never lied....

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Oh, please. Give the 616 humanity a week they will build planet killing rockets to continue killing off mutants.
    they're already on sale at Walmart

Spectacular Member

For those who made the parallel with the LGBTQ+(I'm gay myself in a European country), I agree with the existence of safe spaces but isolate yourself of the rest of the society doesn't help to integrate/change it in a more progressive way! Never! What would happen if after Stonewall ALL the LGBTQ+ fled the US? Do you really think the situation that the LGBTQ+ have today in the US would be the same? All the rights to marry, to adopt, to not be discriminated or put to jail etc. All of these battles have been won because of those who battled for being considered as equal as straight people in a country where they were disciminated.
    For the LGBTQ+ refugees it's another case, they flee in a country where there's laws which proctect them. So, it's not a isolationist decision!
    The mutants took an EXTREME decision here: this is not Utopia nor Genosha 2.0 as some of you think! They chose to outcast themselves to the rest of humanity in one point and they let behind them the mutants who can't protect themselves alone! They ABANDON their ideal/philosophy in these events! And for what? A break that they can do on Earth and continue to help their race at the same time???

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    The mutants took an EXTREME decision here: this is not Utopia nor Genosha 2.0 as some of you think! They chose to outcast themselves to the rest of humanity in one point and they let behind them the mutants who can't protect themselves alone! They ABANDON their ideal/philosophy in these events! And for what? A break that they can do on Earth and continue to help their race at the same time???
    So?

Even if that were to happen it's only temporary, much like AoA was.

In the meantime it might be fun seeing what they get up to on Mars during their break.

Can Magik or the Siege Courageous make interplanetary teletransportations? If they can, going to Mars does not make them especially isolated.

Hell, in Secret Avengers there were human companies working on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I agree with the existence of safe spaces but isolate yourself of the rest of the society doesn't help to integrate/change it in a more progressive way! Never! ?
    Who cares about integrating and changing hearts and minds when they are killing you. Persecution is one thing but wiping out your people is a different thing. You think the people in Rwanda was going "Hey let me stay around fight for equality and integration"? The X-men mission statement has always been Bullcrap, Beautiful bullcrap but bullcrap nonetheless. If you don't have a safe space it is pointless trying to fight for anything once Decimation happen and they put remaining mutants in a camp( seems familiar to day news), Sentinels killed off 16 million mutants, Terrigen cloud threaten to kill all mutants, A cure mutant was made and mutants were being hunted,etc.The dream was out the window the X-men can't have what has happen to them and think they can live peace with humans. It is has been proven over and over that mutants don't have one single place on earth where they can be safe. Why in the world would mutants stay on earth if there was place that was clearly safe for them. The X-men can't even protect their mansion how are they going to protect other mutants?

I am going to say wait until Hickman book release and lets find out the details before fully jumping to conclusion,We are all taking wild guess based on limited information we have gotten we all can be very wrong. Even if they are on Mars maybe the X-men mission is now go on missions to earth and protect mutants who are still there and bring back those want to leave Earth. The X-men have Nightcrawler, Pixie, Magik, Blink, maybe they get Hickman creation Manifold as well, Beast and Forge probably create a teleporter to earth as back up. I don't know why people think that X-men are going to be isolanist for any extended period of time.Not even the Inhumans who that is their trademark has operated that way in books
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-24-2019 at 02:41 AM.