Page 144 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3173
  1. #2146
    Fantastic Member Maestro 216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    We are approaching the DIAA moment. Darkness Induced Audience Apathy: If the hero has no way to win, and the world is a miserable place with no possible hope for redemption, where is the audience incentive to care?
    It would be like Peter losing MJ before he married her. Pointless hope spot after pointless hope spot.

  2. #2147
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Who cares about integrating and changing hearts and minds when they are killing you. Persecution is one thing but wiping out your people is a different thing. You think the people in Rwanda was going "Hey let me stay around fight for equality and integration"? The X-men mission statement has always been Bullcrap, Beautiful bullcrap but bullcrap nonetheless. If you don't have a safe space it is pointless trying to fight for anything once Decimation happen and they put remaining mutants in a camp( seems familiar to day news), Sentinels killed off 16 million mutants, Terrigen cloud threaten to kill all mutants, A cure mutant was made and mutants were being hunted,etc.The dream was out the window the X-men can't have what has happen to them and think they can live peace with humans. It is has been proven over and over that mutants don't have one single place on earth where they can be safe. Why in the world would mutants stay on earth if there was place that was clearly safe for them. The X-men can't even protect their mansion how are they going to protect other mutants?

    I am going to say wait until Hickman book release and lets find out the details before fully jumping to conclusion,We are all taking wild guess based on limited information we have gotten we all can be very wrong. Even if they are on Mars maybe the X-men mission is now go on missions to earth and protect mutants who are still there and bring back those want to leave Earth. The X-men have Nightcrawler, Pixie, Magik, Blink, maybe they get Hickman creation Manifold as well, Beast and Forge probably create a teleporter to earth as back up. I don't know why people think that X-men are going to be isolanist for any extended period of time.Not even the Inhumans who that is their trademark has operated that way in books
    You missed the essential point here: X-Men are NOT REFUGEES! When it comes to refugees' situation they search a place where they are welcome and protected. This is not the case here! They decided to ISOLATE themselves!

  3. #2148
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Who cares about integrating and changing hearts and minds when they are killing you. Persecution is one thing but wiping out your people is a different thing. You think the people in Rwanda was going "Hey let me stay around fight for equality and integration"? The X-men mission statement has always been Bullcrap, Beautiful bullcrap but bullcrap nonetheless. If you don't have a safe space it is pointless trying to fight for anything once Decimation happen and they put remaining mutants in a camp( seems familiar to day news), Sentinels killed off 16 million mutants, Terrigen cloud threaten to kill all mutants, A cure mutant was made and mutants were being hunted,etc.The dream was out the window the X-men can't have what has happen to them and think they can live peace with humans. It is has been proven over and over that mutants don't have one single place on earth where they can be safe. Why in the world would mutants stay on earth if there was place that was clearly safe for them. The X-men can't even protect their mansion how are they going to protect other mutants?
    Conformity worked wonders for me in middle and high school...maybe give that a shot?

  4. #2149
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    You missed the essential point here: X-Men are NOT REFUGEES! When it comes to refugees' situation they search a place where they are welcome and protected. This is not the case here! They decided to ISOLATE themselves!
    Because they can protect themselves because they have fancy superpowers. It's viable for them. Utopia was attacked regularly but it was a safe position with a great concentration of extremely powerful people.

  5. #2150
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    I think some may be taking it too far. If most mutants move to Mars it is no different then most mutants hiding out in genosha or the mansion except it will be much harder for humans to attack. The x_men if they move.to Mars will proably keep their strongestest mutants basically their bread and butter on Earth and Mars will be like the Xavier institute where they go to grow and learn and once they are adults or popular enough they will be reintroduced into earth society. I see Mars more as an oasis away from humanity while your Xavier, Jean, storm, cyclops are fighting for mutant rights on Earth but now they don't have to worry about children being weaponized. Then you_ll have like your husk, chamber etc teaching on Mars.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  6. #2151
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    174

    Default

    This is what I'm hoping for. Send the New X-Brats to Mars since all they know how to do is die anyway.

  7. #2152
    Incredible Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    You missed the essential point here: X-Men are NOT REFUGEES! When it comes to refugees' situation they search a place where they are welcome and protected. This is not the case here! They decided to ISOLATE themselves!
    The issue I'm having with your point is that you seem to think this is all final. If we're correct in what Hickman is going to do, and likely we only have a tiny slice of the pie, it's a transitional period. It took me almost 15 years after leaving home to rebuild my relationship with my parents and now it's much better than it ever has been. I had to leave so I could come back.

    And honestly, the humans have a reason to fear mutants more than ever at this point. Nate destroyed important religious structures and buildings, took the fate of the world in his own hands then disappeared with most of the mutant heroes. It's a colossal mess right now which will be the catalyst for great change. Remember, mutants are about evolution. IMO Fighting for humans while the humans hate them has grown tired. Time to evolve and I have a strong feeling their "isolation" will lead to amazing things.

  8. #2153
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,274

    Default

    Did I miss something where it was said the X-Men are moving to Mars? Like, officially stated that the X-Men are moving there (or off planet) by Hickman/JDW/Marvel? Or is this all fevered speculation?

  9. #2154
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Did I miss something where it was said the X-Men are moving to Mars? Like, officially stated that the X-Men are moving there (or off planet) by Hickman/JDW/Marvel? Or is this all fevered speculation?
    It's all speculation.

  10. #2155
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's all speculation.
    Thanks! That's what I figured, just people are getting all twisted over a bunch of no-facts.

  11. #2156
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Thanks! That's what I figured, just people are getting all twisted over a bunch of no-facts.
    That always surprises me. Speculating is usually the most fun part. Especially when the stories nowadays usually end up being such a let down.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  12. #2157
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Thanks! That's what I figured, just people are getting all twisted over a bunch of no-facts.
    Well we have to wait an entire month, if not longer depending on JDW's health, for the real facts. So speculation & debate on that is all we have right now. Otherwise, there'd be no discussion. lol

    And as jwatson , sometimes what's speculated end up being a more fun thought than what we actually get. lol Depending on taste & favorite characters, ideas, etc.

  13. #2158
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The issue I'm having with your point is that you seem to think this is all final. If we're correct in what Hickman is going to do, and likely we only have a tiny slice of the pie, it's a transitional period. It took me almost 15 years after leaving home to rebuild my relationship with my parents and now it's much better than it ever has been. I had to leave so I could come back.

    And honestly, the humans have a reason to fear mutants more than ever at this point. Nate destroyed important religious structures and buildings, took the fate of the world in his own hands then disappeared with most of the mutant heroes. It's a colossal mess right now which will be the catalyst for great change. Remember, mutants are about evolution. IMO Fighting for humans while the humans hate them has grown tired. Time to evolve and I have a strong feeling their "isolation" will lead to amazing things.
    Hi! I don't think Marvel is perfectionist like DC with their own comics' stories nor respect their own continuity. Sure, they teased a lot of changes in HoX/PoX. Of course, I'm not against some changes for the franchise but what they showed with some last covers are really WTF(Moira & Apoc/the mutants seems on another planet, some are said it's Mars and now Hickman's twittes for few minutes an image of Mars?).

  14. #2159

  15. #2160
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Face the future, enjoy the past.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •