Page 149 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Maybe a sentinel is too big? Change colors of clothes seems easier
    Using such a huge power so casually was one of the first signs in Dark Phoenix Saga that something was wrong with Jean. I do not know what to think. Like, with Magik I can understand it because it's just magic, it does not have to make sense. With telekinesis you need an extreme skill and power to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The clothing they wear is usually made out of unstable molecules. I would imagine it would be easier to alter unstable molecules and rearrange them than it would be to disintegrate stable molecules.
    Oh, that would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean just needs to use her powers to change the outfit
    No.
    I want her TK carting a comically large wardrobe around everywhere she goes-- like that literal lady-wardrobe in Beauty and the Beast

Jean needs a new, sleek modern costume. The outdated miniskirt or clunky 90s suit arent cutting it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I swear it's the one thing that alway leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wonder if nytimes or somewhere would accept an op-ed piece about what marvel is sort of saying. It's like *S020* we get it, the future is white. Like that's any different. yeesh.
    To be fair, that is just a picture of the 05, not necessarily ‘the future’... but I don’t know the real ‘future’ will be any better, so I won’t defend the event past that...

New X-Men Jean Grey is my favorite when she wears the jacket. For me it makes sense that if she does not use codename her costume alsolooks like a normal person's.

So I've just finished Hickman's whole Avengers run up to Secret Wars: Electric Boogaloo and was curious if anyone else is a bit nervous and not for the reasons everyone else is bitching about lately?

I absolutely see him as an excellent writer know the importance of what he did for Avengers and F4... but sheesh did things get so far down the rabbit hole that I found myself glazing over far too often. I know he's only got 12 issues to work with here, but man if things get too encyclopedic I fear everything I love about this book will be washed away for the sake of a brave new future vision of "high sci-fi."

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    So I've just finished Hickman's whole Avengers run up to Secret Wars: Electric Boogaloo and was curious if anyone else is a bit nervous and not for the reasons everyone else is bitching about lately?

I absolutely see him as an excellent writer know the importance of what he did for Avengers and F4... but sheesh did things get so far down the rabbit hole that I found myself glazing over far too often. I know he's only got 12 issues to work with here, but man if things get too encyclopedic I fear everything I love about this book will be washed away for the sake of a brave new future vision of "high sci-fi."
    These minis will be 12 issues but I was under the impression that he will be here for a while. The minis will only set the stage for the next era of X-men with him continuing to spearhead it once new books are announced

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    These minis will be 12 issues but I was under the impression that he will be here for a while. The minis will only set the stage for the next era of X-men with him continuing to spearhead it once new books are announced
    I think that's how it is. Hickman says it's gonna set the pace for the next few years, then said he was gonna be doing the flagship title after HOX and POX.

Maybe continuity will exist again. Both good & bad. lol

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    New X-Men Jean Grey is my favorite when she wears the jacket. For me it makes sense that if she does not use codename her costume alsolooks like a normal person's.
    I agree with this - for the most part. But I prefer the look when the shirt is green, or maybe even one when the jacket is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    To quote Robin Harris

"We got just enough time to check out Futureville. Betcha there's no black people in it." lol
    Bruuuuh!! You got me wanting to go to Fun World!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    To quote Robin Harris

"We got just enough time to check out Futureville. Betcha there's no black people in it." lol

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Will Jubilee continue to show up in her tired old shorts and jeans in every scene?
    only if there's a God

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I agree with this - for the most part. But I prefer the look when the shirt is green, or maybe even one when the jacket is.
    Yes, colors can change, but I like that her clothes look almost "normal". Something like the modern Spider-Woman suit with the jacket would be perfect for her.

tumblr_ngsdtabwcP1re8ijgo1_1280-640x310.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post

There is no doubt hickman is a good writer imo. I just worry for the branding of the x-men and what the x-men will look like. But i will not deny hickman is a great writer. a lack of diversity doesn't mean someone can't write it just means they are limited as a person. So i'm sure i'll enjoy his x-men i'm just hoping it's without the bad taste in my mouth. You can enjoy something and respect someones genius and still be hurt that even geniuses don't realize your value as a human being. Actually it hurts a little more.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-24-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah, but that level of telekinesis is like, Molecule Man levels. I do not know if I like that Rachel and Jean are so powerful.
    Molecule man uses his molecule manipulation to rebuild stars in galaxies, build universes and things on that level.

Using tk to change your clothes is nothing compared to that

Using such a huge power so casually was one of the first signs in Dark Phoenix Saga that something was wrong with Jean. I do not know what to think. Like, with Magik I can understand it because it's just magic, it does not have to make sense. With telekinesis you need an extreme skill and power to do something like that.

Oh, that would make more sense.
    Jean using power casually was not the problem in the Phoenix, nor was it a sign of something being wrong with her.

The Phoenix saga was not "Jean loses control of her powers because she can't handle great power and using great power casually is bad", the story of the Phoenix saga is "Jean gets great power and handles it well for almost 2 years until the Hellfire club messes with her mind, making her go crazy"

A lot of Xmen have used telekinesis with extreme skill and power, it's not really unprecedented.

Quentin has been shown to rebuild his body on different occasions

Rachel has remade her clothes into costumes, manipulated her DNA and turned herself into a dinosaur, killed a super skrull that ignored havoks attacks with a molecular level blast

Psylocke has made herself invisible by manipulating light

Cable at full power was ttansmuting as rebuilding building that were being destroyed by energy blasts

Nate grey used to manipulate his atoms to phase through objects, transmute things

Jean grey has manipulated oxygen atoms to make explosions, slowed down molecules of an asteroid being heated by the sun, rebuilt her body from DNA strands, turned cables metal arm to flesh.

Honestly the regular sentinels shouldn't be a threat to Xmen teams.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yes, colors can change, but I like that her clothes look almost "normal". Something like the modern Spider-Woman suit with the jacket would be perfect for her.

tumblr_ngsdtabwcP1re8ijgo1_1280-640x310.jpg
    I'm going to miss this costume. I can't believe they're changing her back to the old one

But yes, something exactly like this would be perfect - I mean, this entire design without the glasses or goggles would be wonderful. Make the chest green and replace the spider with an X, make the boots gold, and gloves gold or green and it's more or less an update of the Morrison look.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey