Page 15 of 212 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I just can't even.

I'm so jaded from all the epic mega-events every year or two. I'll casually be watching to see what happens to the current iteration of the X-Men in the long run but in the meantime give me more Mr and Mrs X please.
    Hope this doesn't mean Magik bites it for this other girl.

There's not much to excite people to try it other than the Hickman name so far. So I get why some aren't feeling it.

Hickman wrote one of my all-time favorite Fantastic Four runs so I'm going to give this a shot.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

1. Beautiful piece of art.

2. Anyone else kinda sorta highly amused at The Rectangle™ being drawn close to another?

3. Guess Xavier and Eric are the new Scott and Logan? Lawl?

Just more trash from the X-office...AoXM straight into this garbage?...I guess they just thought "we've gone this far, we might as well **** up all of 2019"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Or technically Scott and Logan are the new Xavier and Eric? To be fair, comics Charles and Erik have always had that dynamic. But my favorite was in the movie 'X-Men: First Class' which was literally packed with homoerotic subtext between Charles and Erik lol.

TV Tropes even had a separate page for it: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...XMenFirstClass

1. Beautiful piece of art.

2. Anyone else kinda sorta highly amused at The Rectangle™ being drawn close to another?

At first I thought the woman beside Charles is Moira, but could it be Magda? Someone else suggested it's actually Magda. I still think it has to be Moira, but maybe I am wrong.

I just realized that it looks like Sebastian Shaw behind Emma and Scott, I guess that means Emma has to fight to keep the Hellfire Club in the relaunch. Or is that another variation of Logan?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Or technically Scott and Logan are the new Xavier and Eric? To be fair, comics Charles and Erik have always had that dynamic. But my favorite was in the movie 'X-Men: First Class' which was literally packed with homoerotic subtext between Charles and Erik lol.

TV Tropes even had a separate page for it: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...XMenFirstClass
    I'm quite aware of Xavier/Eric's dynamic being moar homoerotic than two men having actual intercourse. I was rather alluding to Marvel trolling the efff out of the "Noooo, we don't want another x-dudebro story!!!" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    At first I thought the woman beside Charles is Moira, but could it be Magda? Someone else suggested it's actually Magda. I still think it has to be Moira, but maybe I am wrong.

I just realized that it looks like Sebastian Shaw behind Emma and Scott, I guess that means Emma has to fight to keep the Hellfire Club in the relaunch. Or is that another variation of Logan?
    I believe the current consensus is that it's another Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I believe the current consensus is that it's another Logan.
    Good, I want Shaw to stay dead. Emma is the Lord Imperial and she should keep the Hellfire Club and use it to fund the X-Men.

I'm quite aware of Xavier/Eric's dynamic being moar homoerotic than two men having actual intercourse. I was rather alluding to Marvel trolling the efff out of the "Noooo, we don't want another x-dudebro story!!!" crowd.
    Ahh gotcha yeah that is pretty amusing

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I want that to be Moira because it's a crime she's not been brought back. But the thing on her head, the scarf tied at the shoulder, what's that all about? Is this project going to have alt timeline, or alt history wonkiness? Because that could be Gabrielle Haller, too. The three--Charles, "Erik" and Gabrielle--were friends when Max first met Xavier in Israel. Magda was born in the late 1920s--when she was young it would be the 1940s and the 1950s; she was in an Eastern European village after WWII where a Romani married woman wouldn't go around in a mini-skirt and a tight sweater. If that's Magda, she looks pretty good for someone in her 90s. Who knows what's going on. Could the woman be an amalgam of Gabrielle and Magda in some crazy-ass variation of X-history? If this is Moira, what the hell is she wearing? Moira was one of the founders of the X-Men. It makes a great deal of sense that the central triangle formed with Magneto dead-center has something to do with the creation of the X-Men. Moira did like to sport tight, sexy clothes; an awesome character, a strong, brilliant woman who was brave and sexy and independent. Shameful that the men who run Marvel haven't brought her back. But anyway, time is out of joint in this picture, things aren't quite 616, so who knows.

Not sure what's going on, but I hope this doesn't turn into a real mess.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    What's that lobster on the ground?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bill_...er_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Moose100; 03-23-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Mark Brooks said on Twitter "No one has picked up on what's in Cable's hands yet"

Looks like a gun to me... Thoughts?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That’s how I always see them honestly. I struggle to see how someone can hate mutants but not the other powered characters in the marvel universe makes it difficult to believe
    The regular human population accepts heroes who are endorsed by their respective governments or the UN. Captain America was trusted (until Secret Empire happened) because he was vetted by the US. Likewise all the other members who were on the Avengers (all those who joined during the period where they operated under a UN Charter.) Basically, if you are a hero who is attached to a recognized team (F4) or backed by esteemed institutions or corporations (the various businesses owned by Tony Stark) you are pretty much accepted with open arms.

Spider-Man has been distrusted by the broader public because he keeps his identity, and intentions, a secret. The smear campaign by the Bugle also hasn't helped matters for him. Even though the Hulk is a founding Avenger, the power he possesses, as well as the fact it is unchecked, means he is distrusted as well. The destruction he causes (whether his doing or not) is a driving catalyst in that public hatred.

For most of their existence, the X-Men have been branded as a terrorist group by various world governments. They are accountable only to themselves and go about the MU policing themselves and other Mutants. X-Factor (most incarnations) has been accepted due to the fact they were either a corporation working to deal with mutants, a government sponsored team of mutants, or a corporation backed mutant team. Excalibur mostly operated across realities, but the fact Captain Britain served as leader meant they were accepted. Canada loves Alpha Flight for similar reasons as they are attached to the government.

Mutants being hated is kind of silly given the society we live in now. But I think that hatred is justified when viewed from the perspective that anyone could be a mutant and they have powers that can do such things as control the weather, manipulate minds or phase through the walls of any bank. Let's say we lived in such a world. Who do you trust? Someone who has full disclosure by being transparent and open to the public/authorities or someone who is secretive and can kill or control you at any second?

I can see why the general public distrusts mutants. Doesn't make it any less wrong, but I get it.

BANNED

Just realized all the Summers are there,except hope summers.Okay.