Page 157 of 212 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3173
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Strength through popularity gave us the awful healing factor where he could come back from being vaporized and fighting the angel of death for a 1up on top. The hot claws sound dumb but they actually drain him out to balance the um... Heat index.

The omega thing is just dumb lip service. The first rule of superhero fiction is to never write yourself into a corner by establishing power levels.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I don't think Storm was ever said to be an Omega Level Mutant, and Emma definitely isn't. Only Omegas can host the full Phoenix Force and it started to burn her out when it tried to possess her in Phoenix Emdsong. People got confused because Emma described herself and Charles as Omega Level Telepaths during Fraction's run, but that's not the same thing. Fraction just muddled things by not bothering to come up with a different word to describe top tier telepaths.

Anyway, Franklin Richards, Kid Omega and Vulcan are also supposed to be Omega Level Mutants, and probably Stryfe, too.

I've always gone by the definition that Omega Level Mutants are basically some kind of energy manipulators with potentially near limitless potential. Based on that though, I think the list should also include mutants like Storm, Magneto, Polaris, Exodus, and the Scarlet Witch.
    Frost was cited asan omega level mutant in Avengers Academy when she was a member of the Phoenix 5. Scott also hosted the full Phoenix Force which included thr shard that was trapped in the sword for a 100 years and not part of the Phoenix Force in the DPS.

Greg Pak also said that that's not what he meant in Endsong. He alluded to you have to be open and have a certain type of personality to host the Phoenix which is why Celeste could act as a host. As the Phoenix responds poorly to negative emotion. Meaning you don't even have to be a mutant to be a host.

Charles was cited as one in deadly genesis
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-25-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Strength through popularity gave us the awful healing factor where he could come back from being vaporized and fighting the angel of death for a 1up on top. The hot claws sound dumb but they actually drain him out to balance the um... Heat index.

The omega thing is just dumb lip service. The first rule of superhero fiction is to never write yourself into a corner by establishing power levels.
    To be fair, that story with the angel was supposed to scale down the healling factor to his 80 levels, is just that no one pay attention to it.

I do agreed with the rest.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I just don't get why Soule needed to go with that particular flavor of nonsense. Coming back from the dead in and of itself is an excellent excuse to handwave why his healing factor ain't what it used to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I just don't get why Soule needed to go with that particular flavor of nonsense. Coming back from the dead in and of itself is an excellent excuse to handwave why his healing factor ain't what it used to be.
    I'm still waiting for them to rember bones are held to gether by ligaments, soft, desirable, not made of metal ligaments that can get his lines ripped off from the joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I'm still waiting for them to rember bones are held to gether by ligaments, soft, desirable, not made of metal ligaments that can get his lines ripped off from the joints.
    If it were "realistic" Logan's entire arm should be charred, at least.

Hot claws are an artist-motivated invention. As in, they thought it would look cool for the artists.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

I've never liked how they overused the term Omega and without a valid explanation. My suggestion about it to clarify things:
    1)Epsilon level=1% to 20% of mutation(it read like this: 20% of X-genes in the DNA of the mutant compared to human's DNA)
    2)Delta level=21% to 40% of mutation
    3)Gamma level=41% to 60% of mutation
    4)Beta level=61% to 80% of mutation
    5)Alpha level=81% to 100% of mutation
    Omega is a TYPE of mutations like super strength for example. It exists at any level but it's the most powerful and rarest mutation because an Omega type mutant has ALL the existing powers of the mutants(all the different of mutations not like Hope who copy powers from others).
    Finally, I will add the Omega potential type of mutants: they are mutants who can evolve to a full Omega type power. Only some powers are concerned like Matter/Energy/Reality Manipulation and some powerful shapshifting powers(not Mystique who is not a powerful mutation of shapeshifter). It's easy to understand how it works for the Omega potential: these mutants have the power to push their mutation/DNA on a higher state and can by this way to change their power to the ultimate mutation! So, a mutant(of any level) if they have the right mutation which classify them as an Omega Potential can become an Omega type mutant! It's like a promotion/class change in a RPG.

The ones who are Omega potential(not Omega type)a in my classification are:
    Jean Grey/Rachel Summers/Cable&Stryfe/X-Man/Legion/Proteus/Mr M/Franklin Richards/Matthew Malloy/Vulcan/Darwin.

To clarify the inconsistencies, I will introduce the fact that a mutant in his/her life continue to EVOLVE. So, it explains why Beast has changed so much or why some of them has developped new mutations. A mutant is like human he/she is influenced by his/her environment and for a super power being who meet all the day other super power beings it can be very fast to evolve his/her mutation and/or obtain new powers! It explains why Psylocke had TK, Warren's new powers, etc.
    About the age of the mutants, I simply suggest they can live longer than baseline humans and age slowly due to the presence of X-genes.

What do you think of my suggestions?
    Last edited by fridric; 06-25-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I've never liked how they overused the term Omega and without a valid explanation. My suggestion about it to clarify things:
    1)Epsilon level=1 to 20% of mutation
    2)Delta level=21 to 40% of mutation
    3)Gamma level=41 to 60% of mutation
    4)Beta level=61 to 80% of mutation
    5)Alpha level=81 to 100% of mutation
    Omega is a TYPE of mutations like super strength for example. It exists at any level but it's the most powerful and rarest mutation because an Omega type mutant has ALL the existing powers of the mutants(all the different of mutations not like Hope who copy powers from others).
    Finally, I will add the Omega potential type of mutants: they are mutants who can evolve to a full Omega type power. Only some powers are concerned like Matter/Energy/Reality Manipulation and some powerful shapshifting powers(not Mystique who is not a powerful mutation of shapeshifter). It's easy to understand how it works for the Omega potential: these mutants have the power to push their mutation/DNA on a higher state and can by this way to change their power to the ultimate mutation! So, a mutant(of any level) if they have the right mutation which classify them as an Omega Potential can become an Omega type mutant! It's like a promotion/class change in a RPG.

The ones, who are Omega potential(not Omega type)are in my classification, are:
    Jean Grey/Rachel Summers/Cable&Stryfe/X-Man/Legion/Proteus/Mr M/Franklin Richards/Matthew Malloy/Vulcan/Darwin.

To clarify the inconsistencies, I will introduce the fact that a mutant in his/her life continue to EVOLVE. So, it explains why Beast has changed so much or why some of them has developped new mutations. A mutant is like human he/she is influenced by his/her environment and for a super power being who meet all the day other super power beings it can be very fast to evolve his/her mutation and/or obtain new powers! It explains why Psylocke had TK, Warren's new powers, etc.
    Well we already know why Betsy developed TK - it was from the powerset switch with Jean. And then it never disappeared even though Jean regained hers. She didn't evolve to add Tk to her powerset, it was artificially added.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Well we already know why Betsy developed TK - it was from the powerset switch with Jean. And then it never disappeared even though Jean regained hers. She didn't evolve to add Tk to her powerset, it was artificially added.
    Artificially added. That's VERY Psylocke.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I know this fact but it's illogical! How a mutant switch his/her power with anyone(mutant or not) seriously when their powers come from their DNA??? It's not like Jean has a disease and gave it to Betsy! It doesn't make any sense. So that's why I gave a better explanation to this illogical stuff.

Why the whole Psylocke backstory is a continuous headache.

I know this fact but it's illogical! How a mutant switch his/her power with anyone(mutant or not) seriously when their powers come from their DNA??? It's not like Jean has a disease and gave it to Bertsy! It doesn't make any sense. So that'swhy I gave a better explanation to this illogical stuff.
    Same goes for Rogue, Mimic, Synch, Hope and any other power thief/plagiarist.

I know this fact but it's illogical! How a mutant switch his/her power with anyone(mutant or not) seriously when their powers come from their DNA??? It's not like Jean has a disease and gave it to Betsy! It doesn't make any sense. So that's why I gave a better explanation to this illogical stuff.
    I didn’t know the ability to shoot electricity out of your hands or resurrect people coming from your DNA was logical in the first place, so why should power mimicry be?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank the Goddess! At least someone is attempting to clean out the horse stalls.
    It's going to be a shytty job but if anyone can, it's HiX-Man.