Page 16 of 212 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quick thoughts

- I am down for a soft reboot franchise, X-men history is a little convoluted would be nice if it was streamline

-The Nightcrawler's kid and Magik/Colossus relative are the most interesting things in the picture to me, With Lilandra and baby Havok being the next interesting.

- I like seeing Vulcan, Thunderbird, Firestar and Blink.

Lastly The big red flag for me is where are new guys. With any new big writer taking over they are going to do their take on the X-men which tends to mean focus on the older heroes. The picture clearly taking us through the "important" history of the X-men from the beginning to the future but it is telling that nothing recent except maybe Black King Emma is around in the picture. I mean Morrison Wolverine looks like latest it goes before skipping to the future. This is just the first picture so need to over react yet but not seeing anything from New mutants, Gen-X or New X-men gen.I don't see anything from X-factor or X-force either.

Btw who is that next sitting next to Xavier? Maddie? Another Jean?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Btw who is that next sitting next to Xavier? Maddie? Another Jean?
    Could be Maddie, could be Moïra, my take is it's Magda Lensherr back from the dead hence why Magneto is behind both of them with a strange look on his face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    does anyone think the bookend characters up front are rogue and gambit. ...
    Yes. Beyond the more obvious things that led me to suspect it might be them early on, in addition now, is because of their stance.

Mark Brooks nailed this teaser piece, it is wild!
    Liefield Era Cable, Thunderbird and easily the best Nimrod I've ever seen.
    I'm hyped

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I believe itīs Moira, she supported Xavier in his X-men proyect since the beggining, she deserves to be front and center. If she was Magda, it would be a strange moment to bring her back to life imo.

There are two Stormīs, two wolverineīs, Rachel has the phoenix, Havok is a child, Jean is here using her old uniform, Lilandra is here looking over at Charles and Moira,Colossus and Magik seem to be fused together or maybe itīs just another of their siblings, this feels like it will be a time travel kind of story but Blink and AOA Iceman seem to point to alternative reality or both, maybe the story is going to be focused on the Greatest events of the X-men, given Hickman teased a radical change he could mean that the X-men will be changed in some way retroactively by time travel.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Mark Brooks said on Twitter "No one has picked up on what's in Cable's hands yet"

Looks like a gun to me... Thoughts?
    Honestly, whatever it winds up being was one of the first things that I picked up on.

That said, I have absolutely no clue what it is supposed to be.

Spectacular Member

But why is the Nightcrawler/Gambit/ amalgam orange? Perhaps it could be Feral, Wolfsbane, Kylun, or ... ?

I see a medicine bag, so I was thinking Shaman could be one facet.

I do think it's Nightcrawler and not Azazel because of the three fingers - Azazel has more.

I agree with the others that the other amalgam looks to be Magik/Colossus/Moonstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    But why is the Nightcrawler/Gambit/ amalgam orange? Perhaps it could be Feral, Wolfsbane, Kylun, or ... ?

I see a medicine bag, so I was thinking Shaman could be one facet.

I do think it's Nightcrawler and not Azazel because of the three fingers - Azazel has more.

I agree with the others that the other amalgam looks to be Magik/Colossus/Moonstar.

Sasquatch.

One other thing about that...

The bag feels just as much "Longshot" as it does "Medicine Bag", to me.

BANNED

Why no original New Mutants in the cast? Will they still be in Uncanny or put into limbo again?

why isn't falcon on the promo art guyz?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This is good news! I loved his Secret Warriors run. He used some Wolverine characters during his Secret Warriors run. Hell yeah, no more junior and the old man is back!... Unless that's junior in the pic but he just aged up... (Dammit) Just be the original, please. (I know the kid the real one but without all the baggage)

If you want to read some X-Men by Hickman go read his Astonishing Tales: Mojoworld. It features (not surprisingly) Sunspot and Cannonball. He even did some of the art like a page or two lol it was actually great, but the rest of the art was not my cup of tea. Hickman should've done all of the art tbh. He also wrote a New Mutants one-shot, but I can't remember the title of it, I just remember who won it was [REDACTED] and the art was by Walta.

When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand and he said to Hickman, running the stand--

"Hey! (Bum bum bum) Where the hell is Surge?! Don't you HECKIN' test me! I will drop this garbage and buy some Avengers. DON'T YOU TEST ME! X-OFFICE NOSTALGIA LOOKIN' MUH"

Hickman said-- "We're keeping things under wraps for now, just hold onto the vague promo art for a few months, and then give us a try?"

The duck said, "Goodbye."

Then he waddled away.
    (Waddle waddle)
    Then he waddled away.
    (Waddle waddle)
    Then he waddled away
    (Waddle waddle)
    'Til solicitations day.
    (Bum bum bum bum ba-ba-dum)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Mark Brooks really nails the art here. I mean, he does wonderful work regardless. But this is something else. I still pull out the X-Men Legacy comics he did the cover art for occasionally just to look at his work.

After think on it some more, I think the woman next to Xavier is Moira (at first glance I thought it was Jean.) If the rumours surrounding a major reveal/revelation about what we knew about X-Men history to be wrong pan out, it would make sense to have it be her. It always comes back to Xavier, Magneto and Moira.