Page 19 of 212 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

If that is Moira, I’m happy to see her.
    Really annoyed that Banshee is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

hahha nice find, I knew that gun was familiar.....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Considering the adaptation teaser ... Perhaps in Uncanny humans have crushed mutants so much that they are emerging new powers? As an adaptive ability at a species level. Bacteria have a quorum sensing.
    Mutants are evolving.There's a new species emerging from homo superior ---->homo absolute.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Mutants are evolving.There's a new species emerging from homo superior ---->homo absolute.
    It's the return of the Neo!

It's weird to see that some X-Women powerhouse are missing (Polaris, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Rogue)

I don't know what to think about all of this, we have characters with designs from differents périods (The 80's looks overrepresented) but also we have characters from other dimensions (Blink, X-Babie Havok, Infinity Warps?).

The only character with a recent look is Emma Frost, why? Some of them are dead, why their appearance? (Vulcan, Gateway,Thunderbird, Old Cable, Lilandra)

The only solution is that the series is like X-Men Legacy with a lot of flashbacks following an actual plot

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You didn't notice the hairstyle?

It's actually the exact hairstyle Dani has right now (don't forget Uncanny is using retro costumes). There's no reason to bring Trinary into this discussion.
    I'm bringing up Trinary because this is the same logic that people were desperately using when they were utterly convinced that the woman with the braid on Prisoner X cover couldn't possibly be some version of Dani because she didn't have the right number of braids.

This could be Dani, but stating that as fact when this image is the only thing you have to go on is just a bit hasty. We just don't know enough yet to make any definitive statements

BANNED

No one has said this yet, strangely:

Maybe this is a reconfiguration of X-History and that woman next to Charles is someone with a new lease on life after a major historical alteration.

Maybe that woman is Cassie.

On a related note, I would MUCH prefer that this is a rejiggering of history i.e. retcons, rather than more dumb time travel meet-up garbage. Let BOTA die already.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    No one has said this yet, strangely:

Maybe this is a reconfiguration of X-History and that woman next to Charles is someone with a new lease on life after a major historical alteration.

Maybe that woman is Cassie.

On a related note, I would MUCH prefer that this is a rejiggering of history i.e. retcons, rather than more dumb time travel meet-up garbage. Let BOTA die already.
    Well given that there are some various incarnations of the characters like Wolverine, Storm, and Havok. Along with some what appears to be future characters, I think this is a revamp of the X-line.

There are some modern incarnations here, Emma Frost as Black King, Rachel is in her Phoenix outfit, but it is obviously a result of what is happening to her in X-Force. Original Cable is back, which may or may not be explained in X-Force, or it may be a history thing.

Perhaps the future characters go back to try and reset things and some of the past events are changed somewhat. Moira alive, Charles / X back to being regular Charles again, Cable back, etc...

It does look like a partial reset back to the 90's costumes with a few differences, it appears Rachel and Jean actually get to remain active at the same time, yay for that! Emma is still the Lord Imperial / Black King, but she is allied with the X-Men (I hope she gets her own team book).

I wonder if the Beast here is regular Hank McCoy or is he Dark Beast. There are a lot of characters missing. I noticed something else, a number of the Omega mutants are on the Powers of X side, Dazzler, Firestar, Rachel/Phoenix, Havok, Storm, etc.. I wonder if Powers of X is going to explore where things sit for some of these characters.

I think it's telling that Firestar is here, with Absolute Carnage as the next event there is a good chance that Firestar is going into that event right after House of X / Powers of X. I expect several of the X-Men will be in that event too.

This will streamline the X-Men for the MCU introduction, brace yourselves...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Good catch. Forge's Neuralizer gun that turns off mutant powers.

what about this bag? is it like the one gambit used to carry?

gambit3.jpg
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-24-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    hahha nice find, I knew that gun was familiar.....
    Interesting... OG Cable holding that gun designed by Forge to take away mutant powers. Since old Cable is dead right now, and it seems that the other X-books will continue (and thus Kid Cable probably sticks around), I’m wondering if this is a clue that things in the X-men’s past will be altered somehow. Since Cable never fired that gun to my knowledge. Even when Stryfe shot Xavier disguised as Cable in X-Cutioner’s Song, the gun looked very different...

668445CA-A9B5-41A4-9CEE-ECE71E8CF581.jpg

Perhaps I’m being too literal, and this is just more like a “fever dream” image which is a mash-up of many different pivotal points in X-men history which will be important to the story, but are not to be taken as actual events which will (or have) occurred? Regardless, I’m intrigued.

Hoping for a new direction for the X-men, something that establishes a clear place in the broader Marvel U for them and makes them relevant. I expect that part of this may lead into the films and how they plan to bring the X-men into the MCU, but perhaps that is optimistic and giving them too much credit for having the publishing division aligned with Kevin Feige and the Marvel Studios folks. We’ll see...

Regardless, give us new lineups and new rosters and I’m pumped. Can’t wait for some images that show us that stuff!

Only the X-Books would announce a new milestone era with a massive art piece that is literally 100% comprised of things readers are already intimately familiar with, 99% of which is from the last century. That is peak X-Men.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

delete comment. oops

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I think the last time i saw Thunderbird was that Jean Grey mini last year. Hopefully he can actually come back to life for real.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.