Page 193 of 212 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    To the people who think that Morrison is great. I hope your favorite characters get killed for more than a decade and also that all their important relationships get butchered into oblivion.
    Let's see how great that would be.
    well

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Knew it. Hickman's writing has a certain flair I just love. What's the state of Namor right now? Hero? Villain? Last I checked he was on X-Men Red.

Any chance Hickman will introduce him in the story sometime during the flag ship he was a prominent character during the Utopia Era of the X-Men and also an important character in Hickman's New Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    he's a villain and he's SUPER HOT and also he's too busy in the avengers office at this present moment in time
    I think Hickman will find a way. Maybe not in HOX-POX but maybe Aaron’s final Namor arc will be done before Hickman finishes with his vision.

Hickman has described it as a soft reboot. It is a new era but nothing that happened before will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

I think Hickman will find a way. Maybe not in HOX-POX but maybe Aaron’s final Namor arc will be done before Hickman finishes with his vision.
    Zdarsky is also writing namor on the invaders series

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm a massive fan of Grant Morrison's New X-Men but calling that run "revolutionary" is a slight exaggeration in my opinion: the biggest change versus what came before is the use of the Xavier Institute as an actual school, and that idea came from Bryan Singer's first X-Men movie. Morrison's way of writing the comics was certainly a departure from what had come before (self-contained, no thought bubbles, etc) but story-wise, Claremont & Byrne's Uncanny run was too much of a blueprint for me to consider Grant's New X-Men a true revolution.

Again, it's a run I adore and I don't necessarily look for a revolutionary take on the X-Men either (from neither Morrison nor Hickman), I just find it funny when people point to Morrison as someone who reinvented the wheel, when to me it's clear that he didn't.
    I guess you can have two kinds of revolutionary then. You have revolutionary from plot perspective or revolutionary from a story style perspective. I do feel like Whedon’s success was influential from a style/ story telling side on some of the writers after. Maybe I’m wrong though. If we were just going on plot for the mutants and Xmen as a whole then I think the list would be different. If it was plot wise then I’d have to say m-day, messiah complex, schism, AvsX, and IvsX were important to the characters. Whether they were all great stories from the readers perspective is another matter.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    I guess you can have two kinds of revolutionary then. You have revolutionary from plot perspective or revolutionary from a story style perspective. I do feel like Whedon’s success was influential from a style/ story telling side on some of the writers after. Maybe I’m wrong though. If we were just going on plot for the mutants and Xmen as a whole then I think the list would be different. If it was plot wise then I’d have to say m-day, messiah complex, schism, AvsX, and IvsX were important to the characters. Whether they were all great stories from the readers perspective is another matter.
    Revoluctionary means "this will never be the same again".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good. I’m glad it will build on the past. Would not be a fan of some Ultimate X-men like reboot myself.
    Wait people literally thought this was gonna be a hard reboot? Hasn't it always been marketed as a change in the status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    To the people who think that Morrison is great. I hope your favorite characters get killed for more than a decade and also that all their important relationships get butchered into oblivion.
    Let's see how great that would be.
    I mean, my fave's had her rep killed for decades, all her important relations are ignored, and the one relation Marvel thinks is "important" is so bad that there's little Marvel could do to make it worse short of literally enslaving her to the man, sooooo...
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I mean, my fave's had her rep killed for decades, all her important relations are ignored, and the one relation Marvel thinks is "important" is so bad that there's little Marvel could do to make it worse short of literally enslaving her to the man, sooooo...
    You like Morrison's run? your situation is absolutely the worst case

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You like Morrison's run? your situation is absolutely the worst case
    I mean I like Morrison's run and Jean is one of my favorite characters. She was badass under him. In control, competent, powerful, and being positioned as the leader of the X-men.

I mean I like Morrison's run and Jean is one of my favorite characters. She was badass under him. In control, competent, powerful, and being positioned as the leader of the X-men.
    What?! Grant Morrison's run was about more than Scott and Emma fucking and Jean dying?! Reading this website, I never knew that! WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hickman has described it as a soft reboot. It is a new era but nothing that happened before will disappear.
    Got anymore examples of soft reboots to compare?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Got anymore examples of soft reboots to compare?
    Morrison run was a soft reboot. Brand New Day was a soft reboot for Spider-Man. Zero Hour was a soft reboot for DC in general. Those are the first one that come to mind.

I guest that Byrne/Mackie Spider-Man also counts.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well too bad Morrison threw it out in the trash on the end. Everything he did with the character on his run was an afterthought

Again anything good from Morrison run hadn't got a follow up. That is why the franchise was falling little by little
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-07-2019 at 02:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Morrison run was a soft reboot. Brand New Day was a soft reboot for Spider-Man. Zero Hour was a soft reboot for DC in general. Those are the first one that come to mind.

I guest that Byrne/Mackie Spider-Man also counts.
    Morrison's run was not a soft reboot.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well too bad Morrison threw it out in the trash on the end. Everything he did with the character on his run was an afterthought

Again anything good from Morrison run hadn't got a follow up. That is why the franchise was falling little by little
    Um, that's not exactly true. Everything to do with Scott started under Morrison and Whedon. Jean's characterization since she came back from the dead has been defined by Morrison's run. Cassandra Nova has become a major player as far as X-Villains go. The most popular X-Student outside of X-23 is Quentin Quire.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey