Page 194 of 212 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3173
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well too bad Morrison threw it out in the trash on the end. Everything he did with the character on his run was an afterthought

Again anything good from Morrison run hadn't got a follow up. That is why the franchise was falling little by little
    I blame Marvel more than Morrison for not following up on his ideas. The characterization and plotting were top notch in my opinion and sure Morrison may have killed off Jean but it was Marvel who kept her dead for over a decade. Can't really blame Morrison for that he wrote some damn good characters.

And like the poster above said some of those characters are still being utilized to this day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The most popular X-Student outside of X-23 is Quentin Quire.
    They also overused Fantomex and now Glob.

Um, that's not exactly true. Everything to do with Scott started under Morrison and Whedon. Jean's characterization since she came back from the dead has been defined by Morrison's run. Cassandra Nova has become a major player as far as X-Villains go. The most popular X-Student outside of X-23 is Quentin Quire.
    I said good things, Scott wasn't between the good things.

Quentin Quire is hated, how he is popular? lucky for him, KT and Aaron stan him.

I really don't see much of Morrison on Red, someone could say Claremont and it would be just right

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They also overused Fantomex and now Glob.
    Yeah, them too. Fantomex was the breakout star of the early '10s and Glob is experiencing a surprising amount of fame.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Present-day Quentin and Glob are also nothing like Morrison’s iterations no matter how much headcanon development people project on them.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't want to sound rude but can this thread be about Hickman again?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I said good things, Scott wasn't between the good things.
    Arguable.

Quentin Quire is hated, how he is popular? lucky for him, KT and Aaron stan him.
    Lol, the CBR forums are not a good indicator for whether a character is hated or not. Outside of them people love Quentin specifically because of what Aaron did with him.

I really don't see much of Morrison on Red, someone could say Claremont and it would be just right
    Then I'll be honest, you aren't looking very well, or you're intentionally ignoring it. Jean acts a LOT like how she did under Morrison in Red, and if he wasn't the influence, I'd actually say that it's more Simonson than Claremont. Claremont'd be a distant third.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Present-day Quentin and Glob are also nothing like Morrison’s iterations no matter how much headcanon development people project on them.
    Does that prove or discount the notion that they're only being used specifically BECAUSE Morrison created them?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I blame Marvel more than Morrison for not following up on his ideas. The characterization and plotting were top notch in my opinion and sure Morrison may have killed off Jean but it was Marvel who kept her dead for over a decade. Can't really blame Morrison for that he wrote some damn good characters.

And like the poster above said some of those characters are still being utilized to this day.
    The only good thing Marvel did was change Magneto to Xorn. or maybe they should let it stay that way.

Morrison wrote her death to be permanent and pitched Emma taking over Jean's role, so he is responsible for it too.

I disagree that he wrote the x-men so well, it was ok,

majority of his ideas were ignored, specially the good ones.

Does that prove or discount the notion that they're only being used specifically BECAUSE Morrison created them?
    if they aren't written llike Morrison, it would discount

Quesada is to blame for Jean's death being permanent. Not Morrison. Before Morrison left he wanted to bring Jean back one last time, but was told no, so he wrote Here comes Tomorrow instead.

Oh prove all the way. “Hey, we’re using Morrison creations....please buy our books.” I don’t even know if Quentin is big outside of a cult following. He doesn’t make books sell but people are happy to see him. Even with Blindfold and Armor, I love them but I think Whedon is why they are used half the time by writers that can’t get their personality down.

So. Do y’all think Hickman likes Quentin Quire?

Hickman's a self-expressed Morrison fan iirc. So, probably.

soft reboot is my favorite fictional discourse term, right after hard cuddle and boneless pizza

the creator of bentley 23 probably likes the baby, yes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hickman's a self-expressed Morrison fan iirc. So, probably.
    Oh, I should've said Aaron!Quentin or Morrison!Quentin. But if he likes Morrison!Quentin.....idk that kinda slaps. His Quentin's "rebel without a cause" taken to an extreme while also tackling privileged defiance was a cool take that just got ripped away so he could be woobified. Unless Hickman thinks that's unironically kickass....shit I'm overthinking this and spiraling.