Page 195 of 212 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3173
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Keep in mind that Morrison's longterm goal for Quentin was to be a Phoenix host, but also an *******. So I think Aaron woobifying him came from Morrison's series bible, but that he may have taken it to an extreme. Quentin is better as an unrepentant *******.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Keep in mind that Morrison's longterm goal for Quentin was to be a Phoenix host, but also an *******. So I think Aaron woobifying him came from Morrison's series bible, but that he may have taken it to an extreme. Quentin is better as an unrepentant *******.
    counterpoint
    he's baby
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I liked Quentin but he should have become a villian. He should have represented one of the clear cases of the Xavier School failing. Instead they went that route with Elixir which was a twist, that I also liked

Was that Morrison? Any hint of his Phoenix connection didn't happen til afterwards, as far as I'm aware.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Was that Morrison? Any hint of his Phoenix connection didn't happen til afterwards, as far as I'm aware.
    He was in HCT as a Phoenix host.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He was in HCT as a Phoenix host.
    Ah I see. I've only seen summaries of HCT.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

Very last issue of his run. He was in the White Hot Room with Jean and a bunch of other Phoenix hosts

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You like Morrison's run? your situation is absolutely the worst case
    I loved New X-Men #132, which I felt handled Lorna extremely well and served as a strong revival of who she is and why she should get more use. Outside of that, it's pre-2009, and my reading of pre-2009 content is spotty.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Another case of pet character getting to be a phoenix host.

BANNED

Another case of pet character getting to be a phoenix host.
    Quire was a Morrison pet character? What?

Well he created him and put him to be aphoenix host. That started the character i like is a phoenix host

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I loved New X-Men #132, which I felt handled Lorna extremely well and served as a strong revival of who she is and why she should get more use. Outside of that, it's pre-2009, and my reading of pre-2009 content is spotty.
    Well you only read Polaris issue like I suspected, you say that you mostly read polaris stories

If being the central focus of a single arc means you're a pet character then EVERY character is a pet character.

Morrison didn't seem to have a favorite, and if he did, then he played it off well enough that you couldn't tell.

Well he created him
    This isn't the same thing. As far as Morrison was concerned Quire only appeared in main continuity as an antagonist, in a single arc.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Hickman's a self-expressed Morrison fan iirc. So, probably.

the least words I want to hear.,

This isn't the same thing. As far as Morrison was concerned Quire only appeared in main continuity as an antagonist, in a single arc.
    because he hadn't enough time. It started the dumb thing of "character I like is a phoenix host"

Quesada is to blame for Jean's death being permanent. Not Morrison. Before Morrison left he wanted to bring Jean back one last time, but was told no, so he wrote Here comes Tomorrow instead.
    He didn't wanted to bring her back, that I'm 100% sure.

And for me it is 50%/50% quesada/Morrison fault. Morrison wanted her dead, quesada too. Morrison just enabled it to happen
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-07-2019 at 03:18 PM.

the least words I want to hear.,

because he hadn't enough time. It started the dumb thing of "character I like is a phoenix host"
    You're not making any sense. If he was indeed a pet character of Morrison's, he would have introduced him much earlier in the run and played him off as a recurring character. He didnt. Quentin was created and eliminated in the same arc that introduced him. He got a few panels outside of regular continuity in the finale to wrap things up. What other writers did with him after is on them. Nothing about how Morrison did treated him like a pet character. In the 40 or so issues he wrote, Quentin was but a very small blip

Morrison's pet students were Beak and Angel. And even then... not really.