Page 196 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You're not making any sense. If he was indeed a pet character of Morrison's, he would have introduced him much earlier in the run and played him off as a recurring character. He didnt. Quentin was created and eliminated in the same arc that introduced him. He got a few panels outside of regular continuity in the finale to wrap things up. What other writers did with him after is on them. Nothing about how Morrison did treated him like a pet character. In the 40 or so issues he wrote, Quentin was but a very small blip
    Morrison was going to continue writing X-men, he dropped halfway. Anyway I can point that he is one of the reasons phoenix host became a joke

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Morrison was going to continue writing X-men, he dropped halfway. Anyway I can point that he is one of the reasons phoenix host became a joke
    What he was going to do and what he did do are completely different things. You cant accuse him of something that never materialized

BANNED

HCT brought back almost everything from Morrison’s run. It also had reformed Cassie Nova by way of grown up Ernst (Whedon ruined this because he dumb).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    HCT brought back almost everything from Morrison’s run. It also had reformed Cassie Nova by way of grown up Ernst (Whedon ruined this because he dumb).
    Uhm, wouldn't Cassandra's reform take years to actually be a thing?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Uhm, wouldn't Cassandra's reform take years to actually be a thing?
    What Whedon ruined was the fact that Ernst and Cassandra Nova were the same person/character. He went in a different direction with Nova, and Ernst became her own thing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wrong. I think you can blame Greg Pak and whoever else was involved with Phoenix Endsong. If you recall Pak said in an interview they were taking the Phoenix and treating it as its own character.

In Morrison's run we did see other Phoenix' in the WHR but that didn't really change much considering the Phoenix continuity in Excalibur. Morrison used the Phoenix as a potential that Jean accessed and treated in in terms of Jean and not the other way around. He did set up Quentin to have a connection, but the comic std nature of the Phoenix imo came from Endsong and Warsong and intensified after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    What Whedon ruined was the fact that Ernst and Cassandra Nova were the same person/character. He went in a different direction with Nova, and Ernst became her own thing.
    I may need to reread both. I though Cassandra was green worm put into the titanium egg and Ernst was brain elsewhere.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I may need to reread both. I though Cassandra was green worm put into the titanium egg and Ernst was brain elsewhere.
    In Here Comes Tomorrow; it’s revealed that Ernst was a rehabilitated Cassandra Nova. What complicates things is that Ernst is still her own character after this and yet in the very next issue after HCT, Chuck Austen has Beast and Cyclops panicking claiming Cassandra is still locked in their vault below the mansion. Then Whedon comes and makes Cassandra the weird worm thing again. He also completely altered the Tri Sentinel that destroyed Genosha. In New X-men 132, Polaris makes the sentinel a monument to Magneto. Whedon forgets this completely and the sentinel doesn’t have the faces Polaris altered.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Wrong. I think you can blame Greg Pak and whoever else was involved with Phoenix Endsong. If you recall Pak said in an interview they were taking the Phoenix and treating it as its own character.

In Morrison's run we did see other Phoenix' in the WHR but that didn't really change much considering the Phoenix continuity in Excalibur. Morrison used the Phoenix as a potential that Jean accessed and treated in in terms of Jean and not the other way around. He did set up Quentin to have a connection, but the comic std nature of the Phoenix imo came from Endsong and Warsong and intensified after that.
    Pak is the worst offender, but I heard he used Morrison anotations to write his Phoenix stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Arguable.
    Make him a cheater and a ingrateful partner for me isn't any good

Lol, the CBR forums are not a good indicator for whether a character is hated or not. Outside of them people love Quentin specifically because of what Aaron did with him.
    Nor twitter. It is writers that like him.

Then I'll be honest, you aren't looking very well, or you're intentionally ignoring it. Jean acts a LOT like how she did under Morrison in Red, and if he wasn't the influence, I'd actually say that it's more Simonson than Claremont. Claremont'd be a distant third.
    I really think Red is a lot more 3rd dimensional that Morrison wrote her.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-07-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Whedon's tampering with Morrison's concepts doesn't even come close to whatever the hell Brian Wood did with Sublime. Seriously what the **** was even that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Whedon's tampering with Morrison's concepts doesn't even come close to whatever the hell Brian Wood did with Sublime. Seriously what the **** was even that
    Just a hott relationship between a girl and the bad boy sentient bacteria who killed her mom and might destroy all life on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Just a hott relationship between a girl and the bad boy sentient bacteria who killed her mom and might destroy all life on Earth.
    Sublime and Rachel were not in a relationship

BANNED

Morrison's run is so bad, I just can't understand liking it at all, he tried killing the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Morrison's run is so bad, I just can't understand liking it at all, he tried killing the franchise
    The X-Men Post-Onslaugth wasn't that great for most people, so Morrison was a breath of fresh air. Wether you like his work or not, you can't deny that he is creative.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    he didnt try to kill the franchise. He breathed some much needed light and interest into it and it overall was a success

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The X-Men Post-Onslaugth wasn't that great for most people, so Morrison was a breath of fresh air. Wether you like his work or not, you can't deny that he is creative.
    Id say post Kelly/Seagle, whom most people seemed to love. It was the Davis and Claremont eras which kinda brought down the core X-men books