Page 2 of 212 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That’s how I always see them honestly. I struggle to see how someone can hate mutants but not the other powered characters in the marvel universe makes it difficult to believe
    Well, racism and prejudice never make rational sense but yet they never seem to go away. But in the case of attitudes towards mutants within the MU it's pretty easy to understand, actually. Unlike, say, Spider-Man or Thor or Daredevil, mutants are a race whose existence represents a direct threat to the future of human evolution. Mutants literally call themselves Homo-Superior. That's the kind of thing that makes some people uneasy.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 03-23-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They look like merged characters. Gambit’s eyes, skin and hair, Nightcrawler’s hands. Maybe Northstar’s ears? Magik, Colossus, Dani with the other one.
    that nightcrawler seems to me merged with Exodus, and I think he also has the magic bag of Shaman from Alpha Flight

BANNED

The only thing I can speculate right now is that it has a 99.9% chance of being absolutely dope.

Can't wait to read more about it on the next months. Since it will probably cover all of July and August, that's enough time to tie any loose ends from AoXM/Uncanny and follow through with the changes that come from those.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No - the one on the right appears to be Dani Moonstar. Hairstyle matches. Quite why she has the Rasputin siblings' powers is a mystery!
    Dani Peter kid and Nightcrawler kid?

I am curious where this goes. Yay for Emma being grouped with Scott and Jean as though she is with them. Rachel appears to be back as Phoenix and it seems to be her late Excalibur Phoenix costume, the more formal Phoenix costume. Firestar is present, that's actually a nice change to see her emphasized as part of this. I guess I am sort of ok with Jean being back in her Marvel Girl costume, but that isn't really one of my favourite looks for her. No Kitty Pryde, that is also kind of interesting, wonder where Kitty ends up in all of this. Dazzler is there, but Psylock and Lorna are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Two Six issue mini-series alternating every week.

I don't see why Hickman can't just write one title in this case. I just don't see the benefit to having two Bi-Weekly series rather than one weekly book. At least neither will last long.
    I'm guessing by the end of it we'll get the actual flagship X-Men book under Hickman's pen.

These are probably just going to be setup books.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am curious where this goes. Yay for Emma being grouped with Scott and Jean as though she is with them. Rachel appears to be back as Phoenix and it seems to be her late Excalibur Phoenix costume, the more formal Phoenix costume. Firestar is present, that's actually a nice change to see her emphasized as part of this. I guess I am sort of ok with Jean being back in her Marvel Girl costume, but that isn't really one of my favourite looks for her. No Kitty Pryde, that is also kind of interesting, wonder where Kitty ends up in all of this. Dazzler is there, but Psylock and Lorna are missing.
    I'm pumped for Rachel in her rightful place as Phoenix, and Emma not being stupid evil. Then again, actual evil characters are on page (Apocalypse)

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They look like merged characters. Gambit’s eyes, skin and hair, Nightcrawler’s hands. Maybe Northstar’s ears? Magik, Colossus, Dani with the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, the closer I look the more I agree with you. Maybe Namor's ears? Huh ... ok, well that's ... something ...
    They're Nightcrawler's. Remember he has pointy ears too.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Posted in the other thread:

With all the references to the past and Cebulski referring to this as a next chapter in the history of the X-Men, I think it's more likely that this is some sort of "secret history of the mutants" stuff, like maybe Moira and Charles discovered some **** back in the day that was deliberately kept hidden until now or something like that. Feels like a big retcon is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That’s how I always see them honestly. I struggle to see how someone can hate mutants but not the other powered characters in the marvel universe makes it difficult to believe
    This discussion comes up so often.

Some people hate mutants because they are “genetic freaks”, or “inferior” (I.e. racism) not because they are worried about them having superpowers. Is that hard to believe?

Also in real life folks will see one group of folks do something and say “well done” and see another group of folks do the same exact thing and say “but...”. So it’s not really unreasonable to see the contradiction.

That being said, I do think mutants in their own universe would be a much more
    Compelling backdrop.
    Last edited by Grey; 03-23-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think the cover is spoiling the line ups. Only that they will have roles to play

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm pumped for Rachel in her rightful place as Phoenix, and Emma not being stupid evil. Then again, actual evil characters are on page (Apocalypse)
    I still think it's telling that Emma isn't really looming over anyone, it looks more like she is "with" Jean and Scott in whatever is going on here.

Who's sitting next to Charles?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Who's sitting next to Charles?
    Moira maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Definitely Bill the Lobster

We and Hickman are the only ones who know of Fallen Angels. We are the wise ones who will bring the truth to the monkeys left behind after the Space War.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate