Page 23 of 212 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Honestly I'm all for someone writing X-Men who is truly enjoying it and excited.
    Absolutely, that's when the magic happens!

I might be a little late but the title suggest that it may be Xavier centric. Xavier now goes by “X”

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    I might be a little late but the title suggest that it may be Xavier centric. Xavier now goes by “X”
    they said it is X as in 10
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    they said is X as in 10
    House of X and Powers of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    House of X and Powers of 10.
    why not house of 10 and powers of X?.... joking, I must have missed the distinction, thank you!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I wonder will this have something to do with secondary mutations?

These look horrendous.

BANNED

Solicits are out for this next month. Avoiding showing the covers makes no sense.

Just hoping this teaser doesn't represent the content right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, racism and prejudice never make rational sense but yet they never seem to go away. But in the case of attitudes towards mutants within the MU it's pretty easy to understand, actually. Unlike, say, Spider-Man or Thor or Daredevil, mutants are a race whose existence represents a direct threat to the future of human evolution. Mutants literally call themselves Homo-Superior. That's the kind of thing that makes some people uneasy.
    nah and people were anti spider-man, mainly cuz of j jonah jameson's propaganda, but also sometimes people thought he might be a mutant. That was good story telling that made sense, other ones were bad stpries where people liked the avengers but not the x men
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Let's hope this won't be another disappointing arc like that overhyped Disassembled.

Marvel is good at overhyping but the stories are really disappointing so far unlike Chris Claremont's days.

Matt Rosenberg's X-Men is slightly better but it's not as fast-paced or action-packe like CC's days
    Disassembled wasn't particularly bad. The problem is that it was far too long and bloated. At best, it should have been its own miniseries. The annual should have been issue #1 as well.

It's been a day. So, I'm going to make this post now.

These are the things I'm expecting Marvel to do with/to Polaris of varying likelihoods. They're not guaranteed, and they're not all going to happen either. Some of them even directly conflict with each other. It's not a case of "Something here is definitely going to happen," but that their past behavior means I'm prepping for these outcomes. Limited by my imagination, too. Marvel might do something worse than any of these.

• Key moments where she was treated poorly rewritten to flat out replace/exclude her, so Marvel doesn’t have to acknowledge they treated her poorly in the past and make up for it
    • Lorna’s role and presence on Genosha, having survived the genocide, and as "Magneto’s heir" purged
    • Lorna suddenly not Magneto’s daughter anymore
    • Excessive effort to present Lorna as primarily Havok’s girlfriend/a supporting character for him and make it somehow good
    • Rewrite in which Havok somehow got introduced before Lorna
    • Lorna suddenly having not become part of the X-Men until after Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, etc, to ignore how she’s been around for 50 years and make it look like she was only created in the 90s
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's been a day. So, I'm going to make this post now.

These are the things I'm expecting Marvel to do with/to Polaris of varying likelihoods. They're not guaranteed, and they're not all going to happen either. Some of them even directly conflict with each other. It's not a case of "Something here is definitely going to happen," but that their past behavior means I'm prepping for these outcomes. Limited by my imagination, too. Marvel might do something worse than any of these.

• Key moments where she was treated poorly rewritten to flat out replace/exclude her, so Marvel doesn’t have to acknowledge they treated her poorly in the past and make up for it
    • Lorna’s role and presence on Genosha, having survived the genocide, and as "Magneto’s heir" purged
    • Lorna suddenly not Magneto’s daughter anymore
    • Excessive effort to present Lorna as primarily Havok’s girlfriend/a supporting character for him and make it somehow good
    • Rewrite in which Havok somehow got introduced before Lorna
    • Lorna suddenly having not become part of the X-Men until after Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Jubilee, etc, to ignore how she’s been around for 50 years and make it look like she was only created in the 90s
    Her absence indicates it's the Polaris No More era.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Her absence indicates it's the Polaris No More era.
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. What I've gathered (which could be wrong; someone correct me if I am) from bits I've seen is that the current X-Men office is trying to get Claremont more involved and cater to his interests. His history has repeatedly shown he hates Polaris and wants to tear her down, so if the X-Men office really is focused on him and his interests, then it's to be expected that they'll see and treat Lorna the same way he does.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. What I've gathered (which could be wrong; someone correct me if I am) from bits I've seen is that the current X-Men office is trying to get Claremont more involved and cater to his interests. His history has repeatedly shown he hates Polaris and wants to tear her down, so if the X-Men office really is focused on him and his interests, then it's to be expected that they'll see and treat Lorna the same way he does.
    I think these two miniseries are going to partially adjust the history of the X-franchise and start a new direction. Lorna is the most popular character on the TV show, I think they will find something for her after AoXM. The characters on the poster I think are going to be everyone who is most impacted by whatever happens in House of X and Powers of X, but not necessarily everyone who is going to end up on teams. It's very possible in September that Lorna ends up on a core book and not even necessarily with Alex. If Magneto returns to the X-Men, I wouldn't mind them pursuing Lorna and Erik's relationship like they started to do in X-Men Blue. I loved seeing them work together.

BANNED

I thought Warlock is dead, why is he in the cover?