Page 24 of 212 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    I might be a little late but the title suggest that it may be Xavier centric. Xavier now goes by “X”
    Yes you're right. Xavier has been missing so far.

This should be his return to X-World miniseries.

I have a feeling it could be one X-Men team against another .... House versus Powers? The left team versus the right team bcos there are two Wolverines on each side.

Anybody else has the same hunch?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Yes you're right. Xavier has been missing so far.

This should be his return to X-World miniseries.

I have a feeling it could be one X-Men team against another .... House versus Powers? The left team versus the right team bcos there are two Wolverines on each side.

Anybody else has the same hunch?
    I wondered about that too. I also wondering if we are going to see a different type of schism, everyone who sides with Charles, and everyone who sides with Magneto. But then the presence of the villains and their spread in 2nd last row doesn't really match up either. In the end it may be that the miniseries takes things from two different perspectives. House of X explores the past, Powers of X explores the present and future. It's definitely a reset button caused by the return of everyone from AoXM. It's possible that they all return at different points in their own history and have to relive their pasts with memories of the present day. That would definitely change things considerably having various mutants spread out through the timeline with memories of the present.

I wonder also about Rachel's return, does she come back straight to the present? With her Phoenix enhanced crono skimming ability she could go to any point in the timeline when she returns to the present day from the future. I do know that the Phoenix' presence in the present day will attract attention for sure.

BANNED

Lorna hasnt forced a conversation out of Jean yet. That should get pushed. I wonder how Hickman will take what Bunn started with Magneto, Uniscione, and Exodus and what they ate gonna do? Jordan White says it's not what anyone is expecting when it comes to Magneto's direction post Age of X Man.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Lorna hasnt forced a conversation out of Jean yet. That should get pushed. I wonder how Hickman will take what Bunn started with Magneto, Uniscione, and Exodus and what they ate gonna do? Jordan White says it's not what anyone is expecting when it comes to Magneto's direction post Age of X Man.
    That would be funny if Charles and Magneto get flipped. Magneto goes all pacifist, and Charles the militant.

I've been feeling for a while that we are gonna be getting a "Characters side with Xavier vs Against Xavier" kind of thing. I'm betting that all the O5 besides Scott would side with him, based on their encounter on the Astonishing X-Men Annual where he went into their minds and stopped/removed their negative feelings against him. Then there could be a somewhat long-term narrative of them eventually finding out he's been manipulating them.

are those three WolverineS?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And 2 Storms, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wondered about that too. I also wondering if we are going to see a different type of schism, everyone who sides with Charles, and everyone who sides with Magneto. But then the presence of the villains and their spread in 2nd last row doesn't really match up either. In the end it may be that the miniseries takes things from two different perspectives. House of X explores the past, Powers of X explores the present and future. It's definitely a reset button caused by the return of everyone from AoXM. It's possible that they all return at different points in their own history and have to relive their pasts with memories of the present day. That would definitely change things considerably having various mutants spread out through the timeline with memories of the present.

I wonder also about Rachel's return, does she come back straight to the present? With her Phoenix enhanced crono skimming ability she could go to any point in the timeline when she returns to the present day from the future. I do know that the Phoenix' presence in the present day will attract attention for sure.
    I like your different time points theory, so it won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think these two miniseries are going to partially adjust the history of the X-franchise and start a new direction. Lorna is the most popular character on the TV show, I think they will find something for her after AoXM. The characters on the poster I think are going to be everyone who is most impacted by whatever happens in House of X and Powers of X, but not necessarily everyone who is going to end up on teams. It's very possible in September that Lorna ends up on a core book and not even necessarily with Alex. If Magneto returns to the X-Men, I wouldn't mind them pursuing Lorna and Erik's relationship like they started to do in X-Men Blue. I loved seeing them work together.
    My opinion of Marvel is the lowest it's ever been right now. Two year limbo, then prop to promote Havok, then supporting character for another man on a book using an idea she was the focus of for Gifted tanked my more positive vibes I had during Secret Wars when I mistakenly let myself think Marvel was ready to be serious with her. Frankly, if it was any other character exhibiting the same level of popularity as Lorna via a TV show like Gifted, Marvel would be giving them a big presence on the books. But because it's Lorna, and Marvel's biased against her, "random appearances and supporting character for other characters, mainly men" is all she gets.

The two positives I can say for Blue were 1) Bunn started writing her dynamic with Magneto better with #15 (there were big problems pre-#15), and 2) Bunn acknowledged one thing about her history (Malice) from before the 90s. Unfortunately, those pros were offset by how she was treated as part of excessive Havok promo, and lost opportunities with teen Jean and Iceman and the Malice portion.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Lorna hasnt forced a conversation out of Jean yet. That should get pushed.
    Agreed. Among the many things that should happen, Lorna getting to do more with Jean and reviving their friendship from way back in the late 60s/early 70s is a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep, cause we need 3 Wolverines and zero Polarises, Rogues, Shadowcats, etc.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is it really 3 Wolverines? The guy behind Black King Emma looks like Shaw.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is it really 3 Wolverines? The guy behind Black King Emma looks like Shaw.
    Looks like Morrison era Logan

He even has the dogtags. Shaw is not that short either

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand and he said to Hickman, running the stand--

"Hey! (Bum bum bum) Where the hell is Surge?! Don't you HECKIN' test me! I will drop this garbage and buy some Avengers. DON'T YOU TEST ME! X-OFFICE NOSTALGIA LOOKIN' MUH"

Hickman said-- "We're keeping things under wraps for now, just hold onto the vague promo art for a few months, and then give us a try?"

The duck said, "Goodbye."

Then he waddled away.
    (Waddle waddle)
    Then he waddled away.
    (Waddle waddle)
    Then he waddled away
    (Waddle waddle)
    'Til solicitations day.
    (Bum bum bum bum ba-ba-dum)
    This is it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand and he said to Hickman, running the stand--

"Hey! (Bum bum bum) Where the hell is Surge?! Don't you HECKIN' test me! I will drop this garbage and buy some Avengers. DON'T YOU TEST ME! X-OFFICE NOSTALGIA LOOKIN' MUH"

Hickman said-- "We're keeping things under wraps for now, just hold onto the vague promo art for a few months, and then give us a try?"

The duck said, "Goodbye."

Then he waddled away.
    (Waddle waddle)
    Then he waddled away.
    (Waddle waddle)
    Then he waddled away
    (Waddle waddle)
    'Til solicitations day.
    (Bum bum bum bum ba-ba-dum)
    I hate the fact that I can hear the music to this. Curse you Snoop and your Lyrical Powers.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

I’m late to the party due to having a hectic couple days.
    I must say I’m pretty excited to have Hickman on board- he’s proven himself a capable writer and I think he may very well shake-up the X-Men in an exciting new way. Obviously the exclusions (and some inclusions) on this promo art makes me question what in the world is going on but I trust things will play out exactly as they’re meant to. Age of X-Man creative teams have indicated an exciting year for the Children of the Atom and I’m choosing to be optimistic right now.

I’m very very lost with the new (?) characters on the far left and right- could this be something to do with X-Man and/or Legion restoring the mutants to 616 improperly? If they screw up, characters could very well end up in the wrong body or time period.

Whatever this is, I just hope it does lead to ‘normal’ X-titles because I’m just ready to have all my fav X-peeps back in action

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

New "X" logo unveiled here.

Very Hickman-y. I shall steal it immediately.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 03-25-2019 at 01:04 AM.