Page 29 of 212 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Hickman also had Cyclops show up with a Phoenix Egg out of nowhere in Secret Wars for god knows what reason

But anyway most stuff from Time Runs Out has been retconned away or happened in a very different way since the incursions were erased from the timeline

Oh, those incursions...

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well oops. I guess I just thought it would make more sense if they were actually erased

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well oops. I guess I just thought it would make more sense if they were actually erased
    While Cyclops was getting choked out by the plot, all the Avengers must've gotten in a room together and had one of their classic peer trials. The verdict? "Fuck this, it's done. Shawarma time!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Time Runs Out was yet another event where Carol Danvers was a straight-up fascist and everyone sort of ignores it and treats her as the most popular superhero in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Likely Moira but could be Lorna when she used to color her hair brown.
    Attachment 80346
    As great as that would have been, it's definitely not Lorna. Hair's reddish, Lorna's never dressed that way. Plus Marvel's shown me over the past 10 years that they're absolutely incapable of anything remotely that cool and respectful toward her. They can't even acknowledge she was involved with Genosha and survived the genocide as "Magneto's heir." When Marvel can look at Lorna's biggest character moment, her Holocaust, and spend the past 10-15 years pretending it never happened to the extreme of completely excluding her from Axis? That tells you there's just about no chance something like how she dyed her hair will mean anything to them.

Unless they can use it to fanboy over Havok, of course. Because she's only worth what she can do to make men look good in their eyes.

Edit: The irony is that if Marvel was doing better by Lorna, I'd probably be talking about what's possible with Moira in this event instead. Because there was a time years back when Marvel hadn't soured me, and where I was more focused on what stories I could get out of it than what stories Marvel refuses to tell.
    Last edited by salarta; 03-25-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Time Runs Out was yet another event where Carol Danvers was a straight-up fascist and everyone sort of ignores it and treats her as the most popular superhero in the Marvel Universe.
    At this point, it's starting to feel like a bad joke.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    At this point, it's starting to feel like a bad joke.
    To be fair, everyone was an asshole in that story
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, everyone was an asshole in that story
    That's why it's a bad joke. It always seems to happen in some of the worst and recent events.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 03-25-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I am intrigued enough to subscribe.

The idea of mutants as an oppressed minority also fails because mutants are too powerful. If a group includes members who can flatten cities by looking at them, the only way they can be oppressed is by serious deficits of character or intellect (in which case the oppression is arguably warranted).
    Only a fraction of mutants in existence have powers- many just live normal lives but have physical/appearance differences. I donÂ’t see how some having powers makes all of them somehow immune to prejudice and discrimination.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Maybe, but probably not. Much of what Cyclops did at the time has yet to ever be explained.
    Yet we're getting how much phoenix-wolverine or whatever wolverine he was involved with events that have happened years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Hickman also had Cyclops show up with a Phoenix Egg out of nowhere in Secret Wars for god knows what reason

But anyway most stuff from Time Runs Out has been retconned away or happened in a very different way since the incursions were erased from the timeline
    He might've explained it he could've gone with his "original ideas" of ending secret wars.

Mark Brooks posted a bit of his work in progress:
    https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...182545408?s=19

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I finally have a reason to pick up an X-Book. It's been so long, and comin back to Hickman on writing duty.

The only thing that could make this better would be KYost or Bunn being put on a book with the NXM.

Regardless, the future looks bright.

BANNED

incredibly thankful Hickman will save Emma from lesser writers