Page 30 of 212 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Time Runs Out was yet another event where Carol Danvers was a straight-up fascist and everyone sort of ignores it and treats her as the most popular superhero in the Marvel Universe.
    And yet she was nowhere near as bad as Saint Steve Rogers. He was bitter, vindictive and generally cruel. Using all of SHIELD's resources to track down the Illuminati, mainly because he was butthurt that they mindwiped him. One might go and blame Hickman's writing or whatever, but I think he was completely in character. He's just a horrible person, who is pissed off at everyone who is better than him. HE needs to be the golden boy.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Hickman also had Cyclops show up with a Phoenix Egg out of nowhere in Secret Wars for god knows what reason

But anyway most stuff from Time Runs Out has been retconned away or happened in a very different way since the incursions were erased from the timeline
    The Phoenix egg coming out of nowhere I've always thought it was something last-minute because of having to eliminate Jeen from the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Phoenix egg coming out of nowhere I've always thought it was something last-minute because of having to eliminate Jeen from the story.
    I liked Scott with the Phoenix egg and Liked him in Secret War. I may be in the minority, but I thought Hickman did fine with him

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I liked Scott with the Phoenix egg and Liked him in Secret War. I may be in the minority, but I thought Hickman did fine with him
    I liked it very much too. Symbolically he represented the need for a restart, against Doom and preserve the status quo. Of course Reed was the intermediate point that ended up winning but I think he had a very good role.

I do not understand how some people think that Hickman hates Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I liked it very much too. Symbolically he represented the need for a restart, against Doom and preserve the status quo. Of course Reed was the intermediate point that ended up winning but I think he had a very good role.

I do not understand how some people think that Hickman hates Scott.
    Many people feel that bad things happening to a character means the writer hates them. Imo it often means the Opposite.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    And yet she was nowhere near as bad as Saint Steve Rogers. He was bitter, vindictive and generally cruel. Using all of SHIELD's resources to track down the Illuminati, mainly because he was butthurt that they mindwiped him. One might go and blame Hickman's writing or whatever, but I think he was completely in character. He's just a horrible person, who is pissed off at everyone who is better than him. HE needs to be the golden boy.
    The Illuminati were not saints. They killed uncountable worlds.

Time Runs Out put all the marvel superhumans in the edge. None of them were heroes anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    The Illuminati were not saints. They killed uncountable worlds.

Time Runs Out put all the marvel superhumans in the edge. None of them were heroes anymore.
    At least they were trying to spare whole universes, by sacrificing a single planet. Like removing an appendix or a tumour. Honestly, their only evil deed was when they teamed up with Rogers and fought off the Shi-Ar attack. If they were true heroes, they would have let earth die.

"Once you've lost your virginity to this Avengers storyline and then you come and say to me something about like ‘Carol and Steve wouldn’t do that.' I’m like ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the flerkin' road on that. It’s a cool point of view to be like ‘Stephen and Hank are still innocent. The Illuminati didn't flerkin' lie to the MU. Tony didn't embezzle money from companies after hugging some planets with Namor. T'Challa and Blackagar didn't commit any atrocities.' That’s cool. But you’re living in a flerkin' dream world.”

- Zack Snyder
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Immuminate were killing entire universes

Spectacular Member

I just realised I went wayy of topic for this thread. Back to the real thing: I'm excited for this. Just wish things wouldn't be teased so far ahead. By the time the event starts, the hype has made everyone extremely cynical.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Once you've lost your virginity to this Avengers storyline and then you come and say to me something about like ‘Carol and Steve wouldn’t do that.' I’m like ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the flerkin' road on that. It’s a cool point of view to be like ‘Stephen and Hank are still innocent. The Illuminati didn't flerkin' lie to the MU. Tony didn't embezzle money from companies after hugging some planets with Namor. T'Challa and Blackagar didn't commit any atrocities.' That’s cool. But you’re living in a flerkin' dream world.”

- Zack Snyder
    The original quote was about Batman killing people. But yeah, he's right.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pretty sure the world the Illuminati blew up themselves with their own nukes was the fake Justice League world where Namor took the heat. Everything else was the Cabal.

Hate less; read more.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    The original quote was about Batman killing people. But yeah, he's right.
    LOL batman is real now?

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    LOL batman is real now?
    Nope. But this does not mean that he can not behave like a real person.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pretty sure the world the Illuminati blew up themselves with their own nukes was the fake Justice League world where Namor took the heat. Everything else was the Cabal.

Hate less; read more.
    Yes, that was the only inhabited world that the Illuminati destroyed. The others either were already uninhabited or were destroyed by Galactus for them. All other worlds were the Cabal.