Page 34 of 212 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I'd be shocked if AoXM was mentioned ever again after it ends. It just reeked of a filler arc. Not saying it can't be fun (I, myself, am skipping it), but I don't see it having any repercussions on the line, especially with the Next Big Thing (pun intended) right on the horizon.
    I agree with you. Disassembled and AoXM are just filler arcs so were X-Men Gold, Blue and Red. Nothing significant happened there.

The significant arcs are usually in the miniseries...ironically...

Marvel has been putting out poor quality in the main books for many years.

We have overlong return of Wolverine, overlong return of Phoenix, overlong return of Prof X....

If they are going to reverse the death of Cable, it makes Extermination series redundant as well.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-27-2019 at 07:30 AM.

No it doesn't, because Extermination also resolved the long running time displaced O5 storyline.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No it doesn't, because Extermination also resolved the long running time displaced O5 storyline.
    and featured the return of Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and featured the return of Cyclops
    More than filler, I have the feeling that it has been a "Place the pieces where Hickman needs them".

I can imagine Hickman saying "I need Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine and Xavier alive. I need Emma to lead the Hellfire Club" and so.

He has been planning this for more than a year for what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    More than filler, I have the feeling that it has been a "Place the pieces where Hickman needs them".

I can imagine Hickman saying "I need Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine and Xavier alive. I need Emma to lead the Hellfire Club" and so.

He has been planning this for more than a year for what he said.
    I didnt even think of him outlining the X-franchise, but that makes sense

Pre-X-Men Black stuff might have nothing to do with Hickman because those mediocre plans were put in place by a different editor and even a different EiC.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Pre-X-Men Black stuff might have nothing to do with Hickman because those mediocre plans were put in place by a different editor and even a different EiC.
    Hickman was rumored to be taking over going back to last summer. He's a big get for Marvel and the X-men line so yeah I can buy him having influence even through an EIC change. If JDW knew that his predecessor was setting the stage for Hickman to return, I dont think he'd block it and do his own thing instead

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Well, but recent things like Scott's resurrection seem calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, but recent things like Scott's resurrection seem calculated.
    I am curious if Magneto actually comes out of AoXM as a villain, or does he ally with the X-Men. It's possible that they decide to make Xavier, Magneto, and Moira the central core of the X-family. If Moira is truly back, it's possible Excalibur will be back too based off of Muir Island again.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am curious if Magneto actually comes out of AoXM as a villain, or does he ally with the X-Men. It's possible that they decide to make Xavier, Magneto, and Moira the central core of the X-family. If Moira is truly back, it's possible Excalibur will be back too based off of Muir Island again.
    I hope so bc outside of Bunn haing Magneto go crazy at the end of Blue, Marvel thankfully hasnt used him as a villian since. His Black issue under Claremont wrote him in a favorable light and he was brainwashed in Disassembled. Id love it if the stuff at the end of Blue were forgotten and Magneto goes back to being an anti-hero.

Moira, I have doubts that she'll be brought back alive bc it seems rare that non-mutant X characters are resurrected and stay that way, but I hope so. Lilandra too

I remember when Moira died. Having her back to encounter Mystique should be interesting. Plus she might be a good limiting influence on X's new openly morally questionably activities.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

We should probably remember that during AoX Moria was the force behind all and she was called "X".

Recently in AXM we witnessed the return of Charles Xavier. He does now want to be called "X".

I think I am on top something here.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We should probably remember that during AoX Moria was the force behind all and she was called "X".

Recently in AXM we witnessed the return of Charles Xavier. He does now want to be called "X".

I think I am on top something here.
    I dont think Charles Soule had that in mind when he resurrected Xavier and doubt the two stories will connect here

Astonishing Member

If Moira in the picture is really gaberille haller, and legion shenanigans get involved, Hickman could muck up a whole lot of stuff, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    If Moira in the picture is really gaberille haller, and legion shenanigans get involved, Hickman could muck up a whole lot of stuff, lol.
    No more than the Disassembled writers did