Page 54 of 212 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Real life is frustrating enough without inserting identity politics into every form of media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I'm shocked too. But some people see comics as escapism.
    So they won't enjoy a work with subtext, political statements and lots of dialogues.
    They just want to read a ghost riding a mammoth kicking some monsters asses.
    Half of the plot threads in Avengers with the mammoth are about international politics which include America/Russia tensions and characters often have long, sometimes issue-long monologues that examine nationalism and global infrastructure, in parallel to yet also in contrast to the theme of an Avengers World.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I'm shocked too. But some people see comics as escapism.
    So they won't enjoy a work with subtext, political statements and lots of dialogues.
    They just want to read a ghost riding a mammoth kicking some monsters asses.
    Hey, man. Coates can provide escapism...

But I rather have Al Ewing and Nick Spencer spoon-feed it to me rather than have it dripped-fed at a rate where I think the Sun will collapse into itself and become a black hole before Coates finishes a storyline.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    LOL @ Ta-Nehisi Coates being considered "A mediocre writer."
    While I can't speak to his published novel(s) he's an absolutely mediocre comic book writer.

His "subtexts, political statements and dialogues" are rubbish when placed in context to the characters/mythos he's writing.
    And let's not forget his deep lack of understanding of those very same characters. (I'm judging based on what I've read of his BP run...and I absolutely refuse to read anything else he's written/writing).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-11-2019 at 09:59 AM.

BANNED

Anything to do with HoX? I mean we all saw Maker X on the cover.
    IMG_20190412_040115.jpg
    IMG_20190412_040124.jpg

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Anything to do with HoX? I mean we all saw Maker X on the cover.
    IMG_20190412_040115.jpg
    IMG_20190412_040124.jpg
    The first one could be about Emma, Magneto, or Creed. After all, the X-Office wants to reset things. So bring the villains back with their evil acts. lol

Hard to say really. I am really wishing solicits would hurry. Finally, we can see what's coming after the 6 month filler saga.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The first one could be about Emma, Magneto, or Creed. After all, the X-Office wants to reset things. So bring the villains back with their evil acts. lol

Hard to say really. I am really wishing solicits would hurry. Finally, we can see what's coming after the 6 month filler saga.
    It's from marvel/avengers office as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It's from marvel/avengers office as it seems.
    On a serious note, Xavier needs a do-over. lol From some of the story-lines i've heard about, he's apparently deviated from the reasonable father figure of the X-Men.

Unless they do actually make him a full-on villain. Since a complaint is that comics are lacking in real villains.

We get lots of villain redemption. Then resets. Be interesting to see a reverse with a long-time hero falling to villainy.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-11-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Wait are people serious in getting mad at politics in comics? hilarious, must not have read much content.

Ssh, don’t tell them about Maus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Regenesis was bloated IMO. I'd like to see the X-Men franchise get a clear direction first and then expand out from there where the team books make sense, are distinguishable, but also very firmly relate to each other in some way.

Eventually, I would love to see a variety of Vita Ayala, Kelly Thompson, Al Ewing, Joe Henderson, Bryan Hill, and G. Willow Wilson on the books. Maybe Ta-Nehisi Coates...I haven't been enthralled by his Black Panther, but would like to see what kind of voice he brings to the X-Men.
    Yeah I feel that. I think eight books, which Regenesis had, are too many, and makes it harder to hold onto quality across the line. 5 or 6 would suffice, if they've all solid creative teams and rosters. Any bigger and super devoted X-Fans are emptying their wallet on a weekly basis for the sake of keeping up with the X-Men. Hickman jump-starting the new era of X-Books is a solid start, and then from there launch some splinter books that will go for more than 11 issues and explore themes and characters we've not seen done already.

I could honestly name a dozen writers at least I'd like to see on the X-Men, but it completely depends on the tone and their creative process, not to mention how the roster and the art team can change a book completely. I would def like some fresh blood in there.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    That would be great to have Hickman on two books after HOX & POX finish up. And then have a few more titles with different directions so we can explore more characters and concepts. Not too bloated, but spread the popular characters around so we can develop more connections.
    Exactly. Give Hickman enough room to do what he does best, and then put out some other titles that cater to different kinds of stories. Furthermore I really want some interesting lineups- not just a remix of the team/s we've seen time and time again. We've seen the combination of Logan, Scott, Ororo, Kurt, Piotr, Kitty etc. on repeat, and while they can be good characters in their own right, we need a change-up to allow for new fresh tales

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Wait are people serious in getting mad at politics in comics? hilarious, must not have read much content.
    No, we are not "getting mad at politics in comics".
    What we are civilly asserting is the fact that a particular writer is very bad at inserting 'politics' in his comics and writing, in general...(and as such he would be a very poor choice for the politically charged X-books.)...two very different issues.
    Reading comprehension is very important...more people should pay attention to it.

BANNED

Will UXM continue while HoX/PoX is going on? Wouldn’t that title be kinda bloated with all the characters from AoXm returning. Is there gonna be another 616 canon book to accommodate all the missing mutants? Im so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Will UXM continue while HoX/PoX is going on? Wouldn’t that title be kinda bloated with all the characters from AoXm returning. Is there gonna be another 616 canon book to accommodate all the missing mutants? Im so confused.
    It was stated that UXM would in fact continue alongside Hickman's books. Though whether Rosenberg will stay on, or if a new creative team will be shuffled in is questionable.

I do recall somewhere that UXM will continue.
    We should have a better idea from the July solicits what other X-books there'll be, besides PoX and HoX.
    Personally, I'll only be reading Hickman's books regardless what else may be available.