Page 63 of 212 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma fans were upset over IvX/DOX because we saw it for the pale marketing ploy that it was. They wanted to lower the X-Men movie value and push the Inhumans Netflix series.

And yes, what Morrison did to Jean (and more importantly editorial refusing to let her come back) was a complete travesty. CERTAIN POSTERS ON THIS BOARD will not let anyone ever forget that for even a second. But I don't think Emma being a jerk about Jean is the writers dancing on her grave.

No that part came afterwards, there are literal interviews of former writers and editors stating this, in fact didn't Matt Fraction refer to Jean and Emma as steak and lobster? Making the "great" point of who'd need both.....

I don't care what role Emma plays, however it's a bit in-genuine to be all of Jean fans, when just recently Emma fans have felt what it feels like when editorial is no longer behind your fave. Or worst they essentially bury the character the difference with Emma however is she was still being used across several stories. Hell her time away from the X-men has saw her featured much more extensively across the Marvel-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    In other words, you are proving the point: only people that are Emma haters and people that want to regress every character to the 80's want Emma back as a villain. There's no reason otherwise.

Now I'm very confused what about what I stated has to do with Emma being a villain? Two things can be true without being mutually exclusive.

Or is it, the only way she could have been reverted to villainy is due to some conspiracy where everyone at Marvel hates only her and are presumably Jean fans? So....then what's the excuse for Magneto, Toad, or Sabertooth?

Besides that, even as a "villain" she's been featured quite frequently and in several X-titles as well as across the Marvel-verse.....
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-20-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Like I said, it's not only Emma haters or Jean stans that want her as a villain, but people that want everything like in the 80's; probably not a coincidence that Emma went closer to villany around the same time the flagship was X-men Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I said, it's not only Emma haters or Jean stans that want her as a villain, but people that want everything like in the 80's; probably not a coincidence that Emma went closer to villany around the same time the flagship was X-men Gold.
    People already accepted that 80s is gone, and there isn't any way to make it great again

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Not that part came afterwards, there are literal interviews of former writers and editors stating this, in fact didn't Matt Fraction refer to Jean and Emma as steak and lobster? Making the "great" point of who'd need both.....

I don't care what role Emma plays, however it's a bit in-genuine to be all of Jean fans, when just recently Emma fans have felt what it feels like when editorial is no longer behind your fave. Or worst they essentially bury the character the difference with Emma however is she was still being used across several stories. Hell her time away from the X-men has saw her featured much more extensively across the Marvel-verse.

Now I'm very confused what about what I stated has to do with Emma being a villain? Two things can be true without being mutually exclusive.

Or is it, the only way she could have been reverted to villainy is due to some conspiracy where everyone at Marvel hates only her and are presumably Jean fans? So....then what's the excuse for Magneto, Toad, or Sabertooth?

Besides that, even as a "villain" she's been featured quite frequently and in several X-titles as well as across the Marvel-verse.....
    She's featured elsewhere because the X-Office wants her evil to pander to nostalgia.

It wasn't that she reverted to being evil. It's that the reasons for her being evil make no logical or narrative sense, her over the top evilness at the drop of a hat is impossible to take seriously, and it goes against several built up aspects of her character.

Honestly, the same could apply for Sabretooth. Magneto's going evil is dumb, but at least makes some level of narrative sense (he feels the X-Men won't protect mutants the same way he does).

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    People already accepted that 80s is gone, and there isn't any way to make it great again
    Considering that Emma, Magneto, Mystique, and Sabertooth are stupid evil again, the team is nearly the same as the late 80s early 90s versions, and even dressed almost the same, forgive me if I don't believe this.

Just to be clear, Emma's return to villainy happened years before Adult Jean returned, and WHILE the teenage version was already around for years at that point? What's gained either way....

She's featured elsewhere because the X-Office wants her evil to pander to nostalgia.

It wasn't that she reverted to being evil. It's that the reasons for her being evil make no logical or narrative sense, her over the top evilness at the drop of a hat is impossible to take seriously, and it goes against several built up aspects of her character.

Honestly, the same could apply for Sabretooth. Magneto's going evil is dumb, but at least makes some level of narrative sense (he feels the X-Men won't protect mutants the same way he does).

The problem I saw then and now is Emma fans believing because of her former role they got to dictate her new direction. No one agrees on the execution but I find it, rather interesting that some Emma fans complained about the turn as she wouldn't receive any attention. She's then featured across a multitude of books in varying roles from villain-like to outright heroic, but some scoff at that because she isn't in their minds in the roles she should be which is the X-men. Here's the problem it's more than most characters get let alone X-characters, and regardless of the direction at least that was/is being used to shape whatever her new direction is. Her fans don't have to agree or like it, but it's a bit much when they start making blanket statements, about conspiracies especially when she's received a lot more than many of the X-men past and present.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-20-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Considering that Emma, Magneto, Mystique, and Sabertooth are stupid evil again, the team is nearly the same as the late 80s early 90s versions, and even dressed almost the same, forgive me if I don't believe this.
    X-men need some villains to fight, and I don't think it is going to stick them being all 100% evil heartless villains. It is obvious Hickman isn't going there

These people don't seem to work at Marvel. Again, that was the entire point of Gold, they were at least upfront about it

X-men need some villains to fight, and I don't think it is going to stick them being all 100% evil heartless villains. It is obvious Hickman isn't going there
    The only promo image we have of her is with Magneto and Toad (which also makes zero sense). Last time they saw each other, Magneto was willing to destroy the entire city of Paris to see Emma die, and stupidly going after her for something she wasn't even a part of anymore.

Just to be clear, Emma's return to villainy happened years before Adult Jean returned, and WHILE the teenage version was already around for years at that point? What's gained either way....
    I don't get what you're saying.

The only promo image we have of her is with Magneto and Toad (which also makes zero sense). Last time they saw each other, Magneto was willing to destroy the entire city of Paris to see Emma die, and stupidly going after her for something she wasn't even a part of anymore.
    It is because it is a AU

It is because it is a AU
    Oh Christ, I thought we were done with AU crap for a while.

House of X isn't an AU. And should be noticed both Emma and Magneto have an X in the uniform.

I don't get what you're saying.
    I'll elaborate"

"Why would Jean fans care either way if Emma was a villain, when one she was a hero alongside the teenage version, and two this turn occurred before the Adult version was even back so in what way did this "help" Jean. It literally has nothing to do with her, so in short a Jean fan can not like Emma WITHOUT wanting her to be a villain these things aren't mutually exclusive...."

I'll elaborate"

"Why would Jean fans care either way if Emma was a villain, when one she was a hero alongside the teenage version, and two this turn occurred before the Adult version was even back so in what way did this "help" Jean. It literally has nothing to do with her, so in short a Jean fan can not like Emma WITHOUT wanting her to be a villain these things aren't mutually exclusive...."
    Not all Jean fans are Emma haters, of course, just some.