Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No Gambit, no Rogue, no Sunspot, no Cannonball, no Magik, no Jubilee and no Young X-men ? No interesting!
    There is Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Well, it's true. There were big stories after that, but most of them didn't actually take the franchise in new unique (or good) directions.
    I think what Brubaker and Fraction did was completely new and different. It definitely took the X-Men in a unique direction. (I loved it, so I'm biased.) Fraction took the X-Men out of New York, settling them on the old Asteroid M in San Francisco Bay, Scott Summers as the unequivocal leader with Emma at his side, the number of mutants at extinction level. Scott was actively looking for better ways of getting along with non-mutant humans. Magneto welcomed back into the fold. It was "schism" and the AvX that ruined all that.

But anyway, I think the citation of the 4 turning points was for promotional purposes. Or in other words, there have been more turning points than just 4, "Decimation" and "Utopia" being one of them, but for the purposes of promoting the Hickman books and his upcoming stories, these 4 turning points are important. I mean, X-MEN #1 by Claremont and Lee didn't really change the status quo of the X-Men (maybe of Magneto). Everything was the same, except Claremont was pushed off the books. So was C.B. referring to a status change in-universe, or a status change in the Marvel offices?

So I look at those 4 citations as hints as to the direction Hickman is going. (I could be wrong.)

Also, I was very pleased by the first citation: "ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT" with the shout-out to Dave Cockrum and Len Wein.

Since we know next to nothing about the upcoming books, it's hard to talk about them. So I gather everything in Hickman's two titles will NOT be AU, but will be part of 616 (whatever it's called these days) current continuity?

BANNED

So this teaser has everyone else excited?

I guess I'm just a contrarian because I am missing the appeal.

Some thoughts:

Is the new Warps event maybe why we get those 2 new characters that are in the front? Seriously looks like a Azazel/Gambit hybrid and a Magik/Colossus hybrid. Im not seeing Dani Moonstar in that at all.

Also kind of bummed that there are three Logans on the cover but no Psylocke or Rogue.

And he's only doing two minis? I was kind of hoping if JH was coming on he'd have this long epic form story to tell like he did with Avengers and FF.

Mighty Member

Cross-posted from the Hickman thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Each series will be released on an alternate weekly schedule, starting with HOUSE OF X, followed by POWERS OF X. Fans will be able to follow along each week this summer and witness history unfold."
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nd-powers-of-x

Pic with good quality:
    In the background, from left to right: Warlock, Mr. Sinister, Gateway, AOA Blink, Iceman, Sikorsky (on Apocalypse's shoulder), Apocalypse, Cable, Toad, Archangel, Master Mold, Rachel (as Phoenix)

In the middle, from left to right: Vulcan, Jean (as Marvel Girl), Thunderbird (could be John or James, but IMO probably John), Emma, Jubilee, Logan (in his Morrison-era gear), Cyclops, Magneto, Dazzler, Storm, Firestar, Beast, Bishop, Lilandra, Nimrod

In the front, from left to right: New character #1, Storm (from her kid pickpocket days), Logan (as Weapon X), Bill the Lobster (from Fallen Angels; at Moira's feet), Moira MacTaggert, Morrison-era Cerebro helmet, Professor X, Nightcrawler, X-Babies Havok, Wolverine, New character #2

New character #1 looks like Azazel, but his costume design more resembles Kurt. New character #2 looks like a female version of Colossus carrying Illyana's Soulsword. My guess is we're looking at alternate future kids--Kurt's son and perhaps Kitty and Peter's daughter. The other possibilities are simply alternate versions of Nightcrawler (if he'd been red like Azazel instead of blue like Mystique) and Colossus (if he'd been a girl).

Different characters from different periods of the franchise. In some cases, multiple versions of the same character, each from a different time period. This would also fit with the ongoing theme of altered reality, alternate timelines, and alternate versions of characters that's been playing out in the books over the last year--Extermination (Ahab and the Hounds, the O5), Disassembled (Legion and X-Man), Age of X-Man, and (coming soon) Major X, and now this. Looks to me like some kind of big, cross-time, Exiles-like multiversal event--Crisis of Infinite X-Men?

Or, of course, this poster could just be a general-purpose X-Men pic showing various characters from throughout franchise history and have no meaning whatsoever for Hickman's storyline.

I suppose we'll find out in July.

Oh good, garbage.

When I said I wasn't going to touch anything Disney until Polaris got a solo, mini, oneshot or led a team book to make up for the past few years of poor treatment, I had no idea Marvel would make it so easy for me to keep my word.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

When I look at the picture and I read what Hickman is going to be doing, retelling(from what I’m guessing) major points of X-Men history.

All I can think off is Retcon. And I don’t like that.......

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

And he's only doing two minis? I was kind of hoping if JH was coming on he'd have this long epic form story to tell like he did with Avengers and FF.
    hope it's just the beginning like how he started his FF run with the dark reign mini.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post

I'm not excited yet, but I reserve judgement until we get more info. Next month's solicits is a start. But I can't fault the X-books or writers. Because there's just very few characters I read books for. And when you have so little variety, you stay unsatisfied for longer stretches.

The few favorites I have, have been ruined, far as my taste goes. Now there's really only 1 left I'd read a book for, and I haven't seen her yet.

Lots of people liked Hickman's Avengers, so they are excited for just having him in the books.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I'm not excited. Smacks of yet ANOTHER AU event

you'r not alone, kinda worried it may be something ala avengers:forever even considered we already had x-men forever so I'm probably wrong
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lots of people liked Hickman's Avengers, so they are excited for just having him in the books.
    His Avengers and Fantastic Four! It's exciting to have someone like him to shake things up considering how stale the books have been the last few years. And his resume is def worth being excited for

Normally I am against retcons, but the X-Men have been a zombie franchise for so many years that a good shake will do them good.

BANNED

at least Larraz is going to give everyone good hair