Page 75 of 212 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Or, alternatively, the editor is mad at him for going to DC to write Superman, so decides to explode everything he built in an event designed to relegate X-men to second-rate status.
    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Did that really happen after Bendis left? Or do you just assume? (The reasons for the crappy event that is, not the crappy event itself!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, that was after Morrison. House of M was Quesada's revenge.
    Something to add that's not really reflective of Marvel, but of general bad corporate behavior.

Video game companies are rife with this. Keiji Inafune was with Capcom for 23 years. The company tried to incentivize him staying by greenlighting several Mega Man projects, all of which they were very quick to cancel once he left. This included Mega Man Legends 3, a game that people had been wanting for nearly a decade. After Inafune left, first they planned on making people pay to play the demo, then after backlash, they canceled the project entirely under the excuse that there wasn't enough fan interest.

Similarly, when Hideo Kojima and Konami had their falling out, Konami did multiple things. They took Kojima Productions credits off of Metal Gear Solid 5. They took P.T. off of Playstation Network - P.T. being a highly regarded "Playable Trailer" and tease for Silent Hills that Kojima and del Toro were going to be making. There was also stuff like their trying to stop Kojiima from accepting an award for MGS5.

These examples come from a different industry, but the same strokes easily apply to any other company similarly structured, in this case Marvel.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member

Hmm...there are a couple of possibilities here...

Moira: Charles, I am your father

Chuck: that’s not possible!

Moira: search your feelings you know it to be true

Chuck: Noooooo!

Other possibility

Moira: because...you know...

Charles: What

Moira: come on

Charles: what’s happening?

Moira: you’re gay, Charles.

Charles: oh...that’s possible

Magneto: (off panel shouting) yes! Finally!

Though Moira being an alien would retro actively explain why she doesn’t age in the movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Try this on for size...

Hickman says... “I will tell you that 'we' are not telling an Alt-Universe story," and "I'm not telling story that deals with time travel.”

He puts the word we in quotes. Why? Could he be implying that what he’s writing is the main timeline and everything we’ve been reading since, say, Giant Sized X-Men is actually an alt-universe?
    That's not a bad idea. I'd love to get a retelling/revamping of the Xmen stories from certain points until now. Especially if some of the more ridiculous and convoluted concepts could be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Designing The Next X-Men Era: TOM MULLER

https://www.newsarama.com/45345-desi...n-hickman.html
    Very cool. Always nice to get some design insight. I do hope the riff about the "two aggressive species" doesn't mean we're going into another Utopia-type isolationist era for the X-Men, though.

Spectacular Member

Theory: It says the most important scene in X-Men (or Marvel) history. It does not say that it is the biggest reveal or secret. What if it is Xavier and Moira deciding to start the X-Men?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Theory: It says the most important scene in X-Men (or Marvel) history. It does not say that it is the biggest reveal or secret. What if it is Xavier and Moira deciding to start the X-Men?
    This isn't it because we already know when Xavier decided to start the X-men, and we've even seen Moira being a factor. Likely something that changed the understanding of mutants altogether.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Very cool. Always nice to get some design insight. I do hope the riff about the "two aggressive species" doesn't mean we're going into another Utopia-type isolationist era for the X-Men, though.
    As opposed to the what? Era that we have now? For what it was Utopia was a fantastic idea it's too bad Marvel didn't go far enough with it. The post m day lineup played fast and heavy with the X-Men and it was all the better for it

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    As opposed to the what? Era that we have now? For what it was Utopia was a fantastic idea it's too bad Marvel didn't go far enough with it. The post m day lineup played fast and heavy with the X-Men and it was all the better for it
    Yeah, that setup was pretty awesome, it's a shame that Marvel, as if often does, was terrified of good new ideas and wanted to reset everything back to status quo, with the X-men at the school, and anyone that disagrees with them being "a bad guy".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's almost the end of May.
    That means we're closer to the start and end of June on the way to the beginning of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That means we're closer to the start and end of June on the way to the beginning of July.
    I'm hoping for more information to be released throughout June, maybe from Marvel or Hickman himself—even if it's just through interviews. Solicitations also help, but we'd be deep into June by then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hickman's run doesn't start until the end of July though.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'm hoping for more information to be released throughout June, maybe from Marvel or Hickman himself—even if it's just through interviews. Solicitations also help, but we'd be deep into June by then.
    Yeah. Only hopes are mainly whatever we can get for X-Mondays. Some panels would be good. The last X-Monday we had, we only got one panel. It's better than nothing, but hopefully we'll have some good X-Monday previews.

JDW please drop the final uncanny cover and a hickman chart please my birthday is coming
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. Only hopes are mainly whatever we can get for X-Mondays. Some panels would be good. The last X-Monday we had, we only got one panel. It's better than nothing, but hopefully we'll have some good X-Monday previews.
    I wonder if Hickman is gonna come back for one more X-Monday or if it's just JDW from here on out.