Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    so how do you guys feel with marvel basically saying new x-men 114 was last milestone of franchise?
    Uh, they’re 100% right?

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Cross-posted from the Hickman thread:

In the background, from left to right: Warlock, Mr. Sinister, Gateway, AOA Blink, Iceman, Sikorsky (on Apocalypse's shoulder), Apocalypse, Cable, Toad, Archangel, Master Mold, Rachel (as Phoenix)

In the middle, from left to right: Vulcan, Jean (as Marvel Girl), Thunderbird (could be John or James, but IMO probably John), Emma, Jubilee, Logan (in his Morrison-era gear), Cyclops, Magneto, Dazzler, Storm, Firestar, Beast, Bishop, Lilandra, Nimrod

In the front, from left to right: New character #1, Storm (from her kid pickpocket days), Logan (as Weapon X), Bill the Lobster (from Fallen Angels; at Moira's feet), Moira MacTaggert, Morrison-era Cerebro helmet, Professor X, Nightcrawler, X-Babies Havok, Wolverine, New character #2

New character #1 looks like Azazel, but his costume design more resembles Kurt. New character #2 looks like a female version of Colossus carrying Illyana's Soulsword. My guess is we're looking at alternate future kids--Kurt's son and perhaps Kitty and Peter's daughter. The other possibilities are simply alternate versions of Nightcrawler (if he'd been red like Azazel instead of blue like Mystique) and Colossus (if he'd been a girl).

Different characters from different periods of the franchise. In some cases, multiple versions of the same character, each from a different time period. This would also fit with the ongoing theme of altered reality, alternate timelines, and alternate versions of characters that's been playing out in the books over the last year--Extermination (Ahab and the Hounds, the O5), Disassembled (Legion and X-Man), Age of X-Man, and (coming soon) Major X, and now this. Looks to me like some kind of big, cross-time, Exiles-like multiversal event--Crisis of Infinite X-Men?

Or, of course, this poster could just be a general-purpose X-Men pic showing various characters from throughout franchise history and have no meaning whatsoever for Hickman's storyline.

I suppose we'll find out in July.
    Nice analysis.

I think the teaser intention is just to show that Hickman will work with ALL X-men Mythology.
    I doesn't mean those are the characters he will be working.

The pic confuses me but i'm sure there's more in store. I'm just happy Hickman is finally on the X-Men, hope he pushes the franchise forward.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Hopefully this Gambit/Nightcrawler amalgamation doesn’t also include both of their accents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm not excited. Smacks of yet ANOTHER AU event
    Is X 23 missing?

BANNED

Good deal. I'm waiting to see how he write Magneto, Sinister, and Jean. Hopefully Lorna sticks around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    So this teaser has everyone else excited?

I guess I'm just a contrarian because I am missing the appeal.
    I'm intrigued by the seeming oddity of it all, but not blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    ... Im not seeing Dani Moonstar in that at all. ...
    It's in the hair ties.

Lots of characters are missing but I don't think that means much. Sage isn't in the promo and she's already been seen in Pepe Larraz preview art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Cross-posted from the Hickman thread:

In the background, from left to right: Warlock, Mr. Sinister, Gateway, AOA Blink, Iceman, Sikorsky (on Apocalypse's shoulder), Apocalypse, Cable, Toad, Archangel, Master Mold, Rachel (as Phoenix)

In the middle, from left to right: Vulcan, Jean (as Marvel Girl), Thunderbird (could be John or James, but IMO probably John), Emma, Jubilee, Logan (in his Morrison-era gear), Cyclops, Magneto, Dazzler, Storm, Firestar, Beast, Bishop, Lilandra, Nimrod

In the front, from left to right: New character #1, Storm (from her kid pickpocket days), Logan (as Weapon X), Bill the Lobster (from Fallen Angels; at Moira's feet), Moira MacTaggert, Morrison-era Cerebro helmet, Professor X, Nightcrawler, X-Babies Havok, Wolverine, New character #2

New character #1 looks like Azazel, but his costume design more resembles Kurt. New character #2 looks like a female version of Colossus carrying Illyana's Soulsword. My guess is we're looking at alternate future kids--Kurt's son and perhaps Kitty and Peter's daughter. The other possibilities are simply alternate versions of Nightcrawler (if he'd been red like Azazel instead of blue like Mystique) and Colossus (if he'd been a girl).

Different characters from different periods of the franchise. In some cases, multiple versions of the same character, each from a different time period. This would also fit with the ongoing theme of altered reality, alternate timelines, and alternate versions of characters that's been playing out in the books over the last year--Extermination (Ahab and the Hounds, the O5), Disassembled (Legion and X-Man), Age of X-Man, and (coming soon) Major X, and now this. Looks to me like some kind of big, cross-time, Exiles-like multiversal event--Crisis of Infinite X-Men?

Or, of course, this poster could just be a general-purpose X-Men pic showing various characters from throughout franchise history and have no meaning whatsoever for Hickman's storyline.

I suppose we'll find out in July.
    Were you on a break?Or I just somehow missed you in the forum.

BANNED

Cool. I thought I was crazy(ier) or out of my mind (more so than usual).

I don't understand the concept of "announcing" stuff with no real teaser art. They did this with Uncanny too. Can we get a low-on-the-totem-pole guy from the film department to help with marketing? Goddamn this is awful.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I"m not too worried (yet) about Polaris and the other missing characters. I'll wait till I learn more, but like others have said, this is probably just exploring the history and bouncing around between different casts.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Cool. I thought I was crazy(ier) or out of my mind (more so than usual).

I don't understand the concept of "announcing" stuff with no real teaser art. They did this with Uncanny too. Can we get a low-on-the-totem-pole guy from the film department to help with marketing? Goddamn this is awful.
    I suppose they wanted to give just enough to try keeping people interested & speculating. But they'll still save reveals for monthly solicits.

I figured the panel wouldn't be giving anything juicy, but just small tidbits without too much substance. The last panel was the same.

Solicits will tell more than the panels will. lol So, we just have to patiently wait for Apr. 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    so how do you guys feel with marvel basically saying new x-men 114 was last milestone of franchise?
    But it was the last status quo change. The X-men becoming public, the mansion working like a real school.
    It's how the team worked from Morrison run until Disassembled.

Morrison Manifesto was so remarkable as the Giant Size X-men or Adjectiveless X-men #1.

Hickman is now the one bringing a new status quo.
    And it's very exciting, cause he is one of the best and most prestigious writers of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that art looks beautiful
    It is. Took him a month to finish it.

I have no idea what Hickmans tone will be here, his aesthetic.

His avengers was awful, a fact.

His FF was pretty good , very creative

His creator owned series are just cold and dull. Very monotone.

Is the power of TEN as some people are saying? Maybe some genetic/WeaponX modifications?

Isnt the future genetic/cybernetic modification? Is that what Hix will portray?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Nice analysis.

I think the teaser intention is just to show that Hickman will work with ALL X-men Mythology.
    I doesn't mean those are the characters he will be working.
    I'd say it only shows that they plan to work with all X-Men mythology that fits their preconceived notions of which storylines and characters deserve use and respect, and that all storylines and characters they don't like or respect are going to get shafted regardless of actual worth. There's nothing in this indicative of Genosha, for example (at least that I see).

I'm expecting a retelling that better aligns with and reinforces their toxic nostalgia, hoping to get newcomers to blindly go along with it, rather than Marvel doing some real soul-searching for building on the good and correcting the bad within that history.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)