Page 80 of 212 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I've been told by some that I should try to be a) more positive about Marvel's treatment of Polaris, and b) more positive about Hickman's coming run. And that it's bad for me to be realistic instead of fantastical.

Well, I've decided, I'm convinced! It's time to indulge!

We've all seen the below teaser image.

We're assuming that it must be Moira, because that makes the most sense.

But here's a fun twist.

What if.... IT'S POLARIS!

Now you might be thinking "salarta, that's absurd, she has brown hair and Lorna has green." But remember, Lorna HAD brown hair when she was a little girl! When her powers awakened in traumatic fashion, her hair turned green. Then throughout her entire life until she met the X-Men, she dyed her hair brown to avoid attracting the curious!

So we have Lorna, originally with brown hair, since then with green. So what? Well, then there's the fact that this event seems to heavily involve what happened with Krakoa on Giant-Size X-Men - which, if you will remember, was when Lorna launched Krakoa into space!

And because this board sucks at image limits even when they're hotlinked, I'm kludging a point in now so I can make one big image that includes both. Not only did Lorna play a pivotal role in ousting Krakoa way back when, but key moments of her history both in her original storyline and in the Austen era involved trying to sort out her philosophies between those of Magneto and Xavier. In their history though, Xavier has been more direct as a mentor over time, while Magneto tried to be more distant, seemingly out of a desire to keep her safe. Which fits quite well with the original image! Of the mystery woman sitting next to Xavier, and Magneto standing over them.

Bam! Lorna's a woman who originally had brown hair, with far-reaching connections to Magneto and Xavier AND Krakoa! Xavier as her closer mentor for much of her time after re-awakening her powers as a teen, Magneto as her father and since Genosha.

Who better to be the lynchpin of this event than a woman who has previously (albeit heavily ignored til now) embodied the struggle between their two philosophies so closely, and who was the key to the Krakoa situation that will be at the heart of this event? I tell you, it's impossible to deny! This woman must be Lorna, and the myriad versions we see of this mystery woman are a result of some alternate universe shenanigans where her until now ignored link to Krakoa made her susceptible to a wide variety of potential mutations! Jackpot! And to top it all off, we have little baby Havok on the side as Marvel's way of saying that they know reducing Lorna to the role of his girlfriend was awful and they need to use and acknowledge everything else about her that they've ignored for the past 50 years.

... Or maybe Marvel will completely ignore Lorna in this event along with her Krakoa, Magneto and Xavier connections. Like they ignored her time on Genosha and surviving the genocide for all of Axis. And her being part of the Magnus family in Children's Crusade, Avengers vs X-Men, and Axis. And so many other things to list. With a side that maybe she'll be "lucky" enough to be a supporting character for the blonde white man Marvel has been heavily promoting ever since they had him hijack her return on X-Men Blue.

Nah! Marvel's obviously going to do the one thing their history shows they would never do.
    People are still trying to say this might be Polaris? This is almost like when people were saying Trinary was in Prisoner X despite the writer saying the character was Moonstar. No one is assuming this is Moira. Its what's been flat out stated by TPTB

ETA: I see you're being sarcasm but at least one other person was saying this a couple of months ago when the first teaser came out

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People are still trying to say this might be Polaris? This is almost like when people were saying Trinary was in Prisoner X despite the writer saying the character was Moonstar. No one is assuming this is Moira. Its what's been flat out stated by TPTB

ETA: I see you're being sarcasm but at least one other person was saying this a couple of months ago when the first teaser came out
    I forgot another fan said stuff like that, but I remember now that you mention it.

Realistically, I wouldn’t expect Marvel to make an event like this center on Lorna. Assuming she was treated right, I’d of course love it. But it’s a ginormous ask.

This was more a mix of sarcastic fun over people telling me to be more positive despite what I’ve seen, and sarcastic observation in advance of Marvel’s coming exclusion of her. If Marvel was a good company, any or all of these things I pointed out would mean she plays a meaningful role in some way. That none of them are going to come up says a hell of a lot about the company’s faults.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I forgot another fan said stuff like that, but I remember now that you mention it.

Realistically, I wouldn’t expect Marvel to make an event like this center on Lorna. Assuming she was treated right, I’d of course love it. But it’s a ginormous ask.

This was more a mix of sarcastic fun over people telling me to be more positive despite what I’ve seen, and sarcastic observation in advance of Marvel’s coming exclusion of her. If Marvel was a good company, any or all of these things I pointed out would mean she plays a meaningful role in some way. That none of them are going to come up says a hell of a lot about the company’s faults.
    2 points...

1) When people told you told you to be more positive, did they also tell you you’d probably be happier if you had more than just one favorite character?

2) Your Polaris theory is spot on! I’ve been saying on multiple threads that everything after Giant Sized has been an alternate timeline. You just fleshed my theory out. Th@nks!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    2 points...

1) When people told you told you to be more positive, did they also tell you you’d probably be happier if you had more than just one favorite character?

2) Your Polaris theory is spot on! I’ve been saying on multiple threads that everything after Giant Sized has been an alternate timeline. You just fleshed my theory out. Th@nks!
    I second this lol you might be happier with finding another favorite character that Marvel doesn't continuously screw over.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I second this lol you might be happier with finding another favorite character that Marvel doesn't continuously screw over.
    Sadly taste can't be helped. Some people love characters that start off great, then get ruined as time goes on. Almost every favorite I ever had in fiction from shows, movies, to family films have all gotten screwed over & turned into jokes. Just the luck for some.

I'd love to have a kickass favorite that isn't flanderized, turned into the ultimate jobber, or ruined in relationships that make them look pathetic. But it's rare.

For X-Men, I have 3 favorites, and two of them aren't doing well. Other characters are cool, but I just don't have the same investment & excitement for them. But if the story sounds good enough, like Hickman's upcoming stuff, I can kinda look forward to seeing what comes of it. Sadly, one of my 2 bad favorites isn't doing well under him either from the looks of it. I may have to skip that issue. lol

But there's story fans & character fans. Some are the latter. It's certain characters they develop interest in rather than the overall story or universe.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-31-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    2 points...

Dude, that was... Harsh. I mean we've all been thinking it, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sadly taste can't be helped. Some people love characters that start off great, then get ruined as time goes on. Almost every favorite I ever had in fiction from shows, movies, to family films have all gotten screwed over & turned into jokes. Just the luck for some.

I'd love to have a kickass favorite that isn't flanderized, turned into the ultimate jobber, or ruined in relationships that make them look pathetic. But it's rare.

For X-Men, I have 3 favorites, and two of them aren't doing well. Other characters are cool, but I just don't have the same investment & excitement for them. But if the story sounds good enough, like Hickman's upcoming stuff, I can kinda look forward to seeing what comes of it. Sadly, one of my 2 bad favorites isn't doing well under him either from the looks of it. I may have to skip that issue. lol

But there's story fans & character fans. Some are the latter. It's certain characters they develop interest in rather than the overall story or universe.
    Preaching to the choir here:

1) My favorite has been reduced to psychotic sniveling crazy person (in the X-books) because "nostalgia"

2) My second favorite (Laura Kinney) was doing great til they undermined her by spending two years bringing Logan back.

3) My third favorite was shot in the face and killed by his edge-lord younger self.

4) My fourth favorite is currently serving hard time as everyone's mind control slave.

and my favorite X-concept is presently being ruined by Jason Aaron with a fervent devotion to which I haven't seen since the Crusades. So yeah, even if you have multiple favorites, no one is safe.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't think the favorites of anyone are doing too well these days. In the X-books at least, when they leave they're usually fine (most recent example being Cyclops in Champions).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think the favorites of anyone are doing too well these days. In the X-books at least, when they leave they're usually fine (most recent example being Cyclops in Champions).
    Well Bishop doing well being the focus of a book after a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well Bishop doing well being the focus of a book after a long time.
    Even him, since it's an AU and we have yet to see what will carry over.

it's bone apple teeth for us bill the lobster stans heh heh
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Bishop is the one character better off in AoX because he doesn't have the baggage he has in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Even him, since it's an AU and we have yet to see what will carry over.
    For now I'm enjoying it for what it is. I'm not really expecting anything from the future

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For now I'm enjoying it for what it is. I'm not really expecting anything from the future
    That's fair. We really do overpopulate this forum yelling at each other, so it's nice to agree occasionally.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Preaching to the choir here:

1) My favorite has been reduced to psychotic sniveling crazy person (in the X-books) because "nostalgia"

2) My second favorite (Laura Kinney) was doing great til they undermined her by spending two years bringing Logan back.

3) My third favorite was shot in the face and killed by his edge-lord younger self.

4) My fourth favorite is currently serving hard time as everyone's mind control slave.

and my favorite X-concept is presently being ruined by Jason Aaron with a fervent devotion to which I haven't seen since the Crusades. So yeah, even if you have multiple favorites, no one is safe.

My sympathies.

Hopefully Wi-Fi won't be around too long. Maybe another year at best before that gets fixed. Unless this was also part of Hickman's do-over plan On the bright side, I think Emma will be fine under Hickman. He likes GenX, and she's wearing an X on her uniform, along with Magneto. So they may not be mustache-twirlers under him. So much as more ruthless characters who are gonna try to redefine what an X-Man is / should be which puts them at odds with the others without making them cardboard villains.

Just have to get passed Rosenberg. But I think there's hope for Emma. Everyone on the forum knows my favorite, and things look very hopeless for him. The ONE scan we have from Hickman's era, and I am seeing numerous bad things that point to nothing being different than all the bad stuff before. If even a high-profile writer doesn't care to do him justice, nobody will. Be thankful Emma hasn't sank that low and become obscure. I suppose my fav. is comparable to what you're getting with Rachel though. And it does suck when your favs. fall into the category of constant degradation & embarrassment.