Page 95 of 212 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3173
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm ready to experience the glory that will be Hickman's Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister. If you're familiar with how he writes certain types of characters and his work on the New Avengers cast, you know we're all in for a treat.

I also love how the Sinister cover incorporates design elements from the original Marc Silvestri look.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hehe, Sinestro, are you reading Green Lantern while posting here. I think you meant Sinister. Of course maybe Hickman will bring in the Yellow Lantern Corps to fight the X-Men.
    It's how the character is called in my country. I often end up mixing everything for example the character Raven of DC is called Ravena in my country .

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm ready to experience the glory that will be Hickman's Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister. If you're familiar with how he writes certain types of characters and his work on the New Avengers cast, you know we're all in for a treat.

I also love how the Sinister cover incorporates design elements from the original Marc Silvestri look.
    Remember Hickman made it canon that Apocalypse is a founding member of SHIELD...

God I am so ready to see what Hickman's Monet is like. Just. Cannot. Wait. I hope Sinister and/or Apocalypse take an interest in her. That's always a dynamic I've wanted to see but I also really lean into the angle of Monet being the perfect mutant specimen as well.

So far the only misstep is Jean's costume. I hope that's explained.

Love the covers, beautifully done. Scott's costume looks great and love his behind the back optic blast. Poccy and Sinister - perfect. All perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So far the only misstep is Jean's costume. I hope that's explained.
    Yeah I kind of hate that Jean is back in her Marvel Girl costume, let her be a grown up. She has had lots of great uniforms over the years that emphasize that she is a woman and true leader of the X-Men, at least give her a uniform that demonstrates that.

Maybe Charles is being all creepy and forcing Jean to wear that horribly dated outfit. Or they all arrive at once into the HoX/PoX event, that is a possibility too. That could be why Magneto has a beard as well, because everyone from Uncanny, X-Force, and AoXM gets dumped directly into the event.

Of course the art showing Emma is all "White Queen" so she isn't Black King anymore. I haven't seen Storm yet, but she is bald in AoXM so if Storm shows up dressed similarly in HoX/PoX then we know they all got dumped into the event directly after AoXM collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah I kind of hate that Jean is back in her Marvel Girl costume, let her be a grown up. She has had lots of great uniforms over the years that emphasize that she is a woman and true leader of the X-Men, at least give her a uniform that demonstrates that.

Maybe Charles is being all creepy and forcing Jean to wear that horribly dated outfit. Or they all arrive at once into the HoX/PoX event, that is a possibility too. That could be why Magneto has a beard as well, because everyone from Uncanny, X-Force, and AoXM gets dumped directly into the event.

Of course the art showing Emma is all "White Queen" so she isn't Black King anymore. I haven't seen Storm yet, but she is bald in AoXM so if Storm shows up dressed similarly in HoX/PoX then we know they all got dumped into the event directly after AoXM collapses.
    Storm is wearing her current Red uniform

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Remember Hickman made it canon that Apocalypse is a founding member of SHIELD...
    depending on how we define the founding members the first was a pharaoh then zhang heng and then later da vinci, Galileo and Michelangelo but no apocalypse as per Hickman.s SHIELD series.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    depending on how we define the founding members the first was a pharaoh then zhang heng and then later da vinci, Galileo and Michelangelo but no apocalypse as per Hickman.s SHIELD series.
    Apocalypse was right there in the first Shield that fought in Ancient Egypt. Was just an Easter Egg at the time, but he might bring that up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Who are they fighting? Does that look familiar to anybody?
    Yes and it's been driving me crazy until now. Check out those soldier guys' helmets. They're just red-painted Infinites helmets from the 90s Age of Apocalypse.
    In that reality, The Infinites were a mutant-DNA-soup clone army created by Sinister to serve Apocalypse.

I am very excited to see Husk on the cover. She is so underused and she has a great power. Shapeshifting is one of my favorite mutant powers (after tp/tk and teleportation). One good thing about Age of X-Man is the use of Meggan. I can't wait to see what Hickman will do with Husk. I'm sure she will probably be a relatively minor character but I think it is cool to be included. I am also excited about M. M is also a great character.

I want to see more Storm. I want to know what Storm, Colossus, Kitty and Psylocke are up to.

BANNED

Storm and Colossus are planting seeds.

Glad to see Nature Girls head make an appearance!

I doubt Hickman ships Monet and Strong Guy like I do but I love Monet so much..
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 06-11-2019 at 07:41 PM.

BANNED

I hope Hickman ships Rico and Ziggy!