Page 57 of 212 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Yes, probably after Age of X-Man and Uncanny Xavier propose to them as Moses a new promised land.

And probably Age of X-man and Uncanny are his fault to listen to him. Like "Do you see what happens to you when I'm not here?"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, probably after Age of X-Man and Uncanny Xavier propose to them as Moses a new promised land.

And probably Age of X-man and Uncanny are his fault to listen to him. Like "Do you see what happens to you when I'm not here?"
    Although that argument doesn't really work since the X-men were fine without him after he left in NXM, although I see him using it anyway.

If anything, Cyclops is the one that could use it- what a mess things became without him in the last few years.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I just thought of a theory which I'm sure is incorrect but I guess would be fun just to see everyone's head explode

So we've all seen how nature is very prominent in all of the artwork released so far for HOX/POX. Preview pages, covers, even variant covers feature leaves, vines, trees pretty prominently, which we can all assume has some significance to the story that will be told. Lots of people have already mentioned Krakoa... so what if Hickman revealed that everything that happened from Giant-Sized X-Men #1 onwards has been a Krakoa-induced hallucination and the original X-Men have never left the island?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I just thought of a theory which I'm sure is incorrect but I guess would be fun just to see everyone's head explode

So we've all seen how nature is very prominent in all of the artwork released so far for HOX/POX. Preview pages, covers, even variant covers feature leaves, vines, trees pretty prominently, which we can all assume has some significance to the story that will be told. Lots of people have already mentioned Krakoa... so what if Hickman revealed that everything that happened from Giant-Sized X-Men #1 onwards has been a Krakoa-induced hallucination and the original X-Men have never left the island?
    I don't think Marvel would allow such a decision to happen as it would unravel every corner of the MU and its stories. Also I watched Dallas before so I don't need another Bobby Ewing moment.

Impossible.

I think "Krakoa" is that Xavier is going to take the mutants to another planet. And that he is probably connected with the mind of that planet to maintain control in a subtle way, just as Quentin Quire can communicate with his Krakoa.

BANNED

Impossible.

I think "Krakoa" is that Xavier is going to take the mutants to another planet. And that he is probably connected with the mind of that planet to maintain control in a subtle way, just as Quentin Quire can communicate with his Krakoa.
    So age of Xavier?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Impossible.

Either that or he's controlling the Earth itself to some extent.

And yes, being written by the guy behind The Manhattan Project means it will go completely wrong at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So age of Xavier?
    Not because it will not be an alternative reality. Only the old and reliable Cerebro.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So age of Xavier?
    X-istence

BANNED

x-istence :d
    omg!!!!!!!!!!

X-istence
    Oh god, Hickman is copying Liefield
    What have we become

That would probably be a bridge too far for the X-Office. That setup would mean no Dark Phoenix Saga, no Days of Future Past, etc, which they love. They would look for a way to say all the big moments still happened after all.

Personally, I'd be against it exclusively because it would be a backdoor way for Marvel to wipe out Polaris surviving the Genoshan genocide, which is perhaps the most important moment in her entire character history despite Marvel pretending it never happened. Marvel would probably also use it to say Lorna isn't Magneto's daughter after all. The only positive trade-off for her would be making decades of being written poorly around or in direct relation to Havok non-canon, but it wouldn't wipe the slate clean because editors and writers would still fall into the trap of having her depicted just as bad or worse today. Especially if Claremont is involved at all. Also a narrow outside chance of Lorna being acknowledged as the second woman to join the X-Men and her existing all the way back to then, but that's putting a lot of faith in Marvel that isn't really deserved. Only time Marvel acknowledged that history this past decade was on Savage Hulk vol 2 written by Alan Davis, and literally none of the previews for coming books show or mention Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    That would probably be a bridge too far for the X-Office. That setup would mean no Dark Phoenix Saga, no Days of Future Past, etc, which they love. They would look for a way to say all the big moments still happened after all.

Personally, I'd be against it exclusively because it would be a backdoor way for Marvel to wipe out Polaris surviving the Genoshan genocide, which is perhaps the most important moment in her entire character history despite Marvel pretending it never happened. Marvel would probably also use it to say Lorna isn't Magneto's daughter after all. The only positive trade-off for her would be making decades of being written poorly around or in direct relation to Havok non-canon, but it wouldn't wipe the slate clean because editors and writers would still fall into the trap of having her depicted just as bad or worse today. Especially if Claremont is involved at all. Also a narrow outside chance of Lorna being acknowledged as the second woman to join the X-Men and her existing all the way back to then, but that's putting a lot of faith in Marvel that isn't really deserved. Only time Marvel acknowledged that history this past decade was on Savage Hulk vol 2 written by Alan Davis, and literally none of the previews for coming books show or mention Lorna.
    If the intent to go the route of that theory, I doubt it will have anything to do with Polaris and I dont think they even consider any implications for her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If the intent to go the route of that theory, I doubt it will have anything to do with Polaris and I dont think they even consider any implications for her
    To clarify, I don't think they would do this idea solely and specifically for any reason that would involve Lorna. If it was just about her, they wouldn't put on a whole event just to make it happen. That would be strange overkill. I'm only speaking to what would happen to her if Marvel went with the idea. Idea first, impact on Lorna after the fact.

The Genoshan genocide getting retconned would be an unavoidable outcome regardless of any intent on Marvel's part unless they found some weird loophole. Her parentage, on the other hand, is something Marvel could easily keep intact if they went with the idea - meaning they have an actual choice.

Thanks for the reply so I could clarify what I meant.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Looking at the cover with the new characters on it and I realize why I didnt feel that excited about it.
    Its the swords.
    Only so many things one can do with the sword.
    The females sword is as big as Giant man.
    How does one even store something like that?
    What if she is in an enclosed space fighting...how is she going to keep from hitting the nick nacks on shelves?
    Reminds me of Major X...who also has a sword.
    I am hoping its a tool for her mutant energy blasts or something that can be safely pared down to a wand or something.