Page 58 of 212 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I just thought of a theory which I'm sure is incorrect but I guess would be fun just to see everyone's head explode

So we've all seen how nature is very prominent in all of the artwork released so far for HOX/POX. Preview pages, covers, even variant covers feature leaves, vines, trees pretty prominently, which we can all assume has some significance to the story that will be told. Lots of people have already mentioned Krakoa... so what if Hickman revealed that everything that happened from Giant-Sized X-Men #1 onwards has been a Krakoa-induced hallucination and the original X-Men have never left the island?
    Maybe you can just say they are all clones ala Peter Parker.
    That went over well.

BANNED

When are we gonna get an “Age of Competent Writing “? I can’t wait for that event.

Age of I. Takes place on Titan and the villain is ISAAC.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Can’t wait, this is just so exciting.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I wonder how "forthcoming" that info will be. Probably not until July when HOX/POX #1 hit and we get the October solicits.

Exclusive images of Hickman entering the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Let him come like the Phoenix and burn away what doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well hopefully he doesn't get his neck snapped early.

I wonder how "forthcoming" that info will be. Probably not until July when HOX/POX #1 hit and we get the October solicits.
    I think we might get it sooner.
    DragonCon is in June and that always has an x-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Considering Brevoort's history, a vote a confidence from him is probably not a good sign.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Considering Brevoort's history, a vote a confidence from him is probably not a good sign.
    Eh, it's business as usual. Hype man is part of the guy's job description. He needs to sell books, so he'll cheerlead whatever comes down the pike at Marvel. Doesn't signify anything, good or ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Eh, it's business as usual. Hype man is part of the guy's job description. He needs to sell books, so he'll cheerlead whatever comes down the pike at Marvel. Doesn't signify anything, good or ill.
    To be honest, Hickman's work speaks for itself. A Marvel editor endorsing it doesn't really do anything - of course they're promoting what they are selling. But Hickman's track record says we're in for quite a treat, in my opinion at least.

To be honest, Hickman's work speaks for itself. A Marvel editor endorsing it doesn't really do anything - of course they're promoting what they are selling. But Hickman's track record says we're in for quite a treat, in my opinion at least.
    Well, like I've said, I like Hickman as an idea man and I've enjoyed his creator-owned works, but the comics I love all come down to character. I suspect most of the characters I'm really fond of won't get much of a showing in these first two minis (which isn't a knock on Hickman; I'm aware that most of my faves don't make the top ten for most folks), and I'm kind of lukewarm on Hickman's character work at Marvel. I don't for a second doubt this will be a huge story in every sense and I am curious about what's coming. There's just not enough information for me to be excited yet is all.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, like I've said, I like Hickman as an idea man and I've enjoyed his creator-owned works, but the comics I love all come down to character. I suspect most of the characters I'm really fond of won't get much of a showing in these first two minis (which isn't a knock on Hickman; I'm aware that most of my faves don't make the top ten for most folks), and I'm kind of lukewarm on Hickman's character work at Marvel. I don't for a second doubt this will be a huge story in every sense and I am curious about what's coming. There's just not enough information for me to be excited yet is all.
    Same here for me. Some of my favorites are not in the top 15 most likely. Now one of my favs. was also one of Hickman's top 5 mutants. So maybe I'll see them in his work asp, but probably not soon given they're not high on the totem pole of things to address.

So it sounds great that so many have praises for him. But it's gonna boil down to how he treats my favs & his development for them. IF he writes any of them.