Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm seriously waiting for the day Jane is sitting on the throne of Asgard with an eye patch, calling herself Odin. It's gotta be coming at some point.
    Haha, you are probably right, my friend!

Easiest way to make Jane a goddess probably would be for her to steal the THunderstrike mace from Kevin. It's as easy as stealing hammers from a baby.
    Quite true. Becoming a Valkyrie should not be nearly as easy.

Easiest way to make Jane a goddess probably would be for her to steal the THunderstrike mace from Kevin. It's as easy as stealing hammers from a baby.
    She was even Thunderstrike on Avengers: Secret Wars .

Only for Black Panther's Quest to drop seven of the fourteen team members, including Jane.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Who has Jane teamed up with most often? Does she have a partner in crime so to speak?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Who has Jane teamed up with most often? Does she have a partner in crime so to speak?
    ...Mjolnir ?

I guess maybe Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Mjolnir ?

I guess maybe Falcon.
    Yeah, you can say Sam was partnering with Jane back then ... when he wasn't busy partnering with Misty.

Fantastic Member

Roz Solomon

Hmm... I guess I'm not surprised.

I wonder if they plan to elevate Jane as Marvel's next elite femme? I mean after the Carol Danvers hype ebbs.

It's unclear what Odin intends, but if she's not just a Valkyrie, but the embodiment of all Valkyries aggregated into a single being, then Jane would be able to handle herself against just about anyone. And she'd be a great team member. Especially if she harbors some of the powers of the mythical Valkyrie, like healing and even reanimating the mortal dead; visiting favored persons in their dreams to offer wisdom, lore or protection; and, of course, the power to prophesize impending doom. The wings and morning star are a nice touch either way. (Aside: "The Morning Star" isn't a bad sobriquet for Jane. Kind of like Wind Rider is for Storm.)
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Hmm... I guess I'm not surprised.

I wonder if they plan to elevate Jane as Marvel's next elite femme? I mean after the Carol Danvers hype ebbs.

It's unclear what Odin intends, but if she's not just a Valkyrie, but the embodiment of all Valkyries aggregated into a single being, then Jane would be able to handle herself against just about anyone. And she'd be a great team member. Especially if she harbors some of the powers of the mythical Valkyrie, like healing and even reanimating the mortal dead; visiting favored persons in their dreams to offer wisdom, lore or protection; and, of course, the power to prophesize impending doom. The wings and morning star are a nice touch either way. (Aside: "The Morning Star" isn't a bad sobriquet for Jane. Kind of like Wind Rider is for Storm.)
    it would be cool if Jane became evil.

it would be a satisfying death.

I think it would be cool if they made Odin evil... a role he chooses to kind of test gods and mortals for a greater threat to come.

As for Jane, I still like her old helmet better, but the new one is starting to grow on me just a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

~James Baldwin

I think it would be cool if they made Odin evil... a role he chooses to kind of test gods and mortals for a greater threat to come.

As for Jane, I still like her old helmet better, but the new one is starting to grow on me just a bit.
    That's kind of what old-school Odin was like...

ha he was evil back during Fear Itself more or less.

A few of the Skyfathers have done that, including Zeus. I'd like to see a more protracted tenure of "Dark Odin," with most character starring in ongoing titles -- and a few who aren't in a title, but maybe who could appear as guest stars -- being tested. War of Realms is nice, but The All-Father War followed by the trilogy ending The Odinforce War could be fun, too. And, yes, I'd definitely carve out a nice feature role for Jane.

~James Baldwin

for Jane fans