Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Khaleesi (GoT) vs. Middle Earth (LoTR)

Daenerys Targaryen has to conquer all of Middle Earth.

She gets:
    10,000 Unsullied
    2,000 Second Son mercenarys
    100,000 Dothraki Cavalry
    20,000 freed slaves for labor etc
    Her 3 Dragons

Her forces occupy the Shire. They "win" if they defeat Mordor. Time is 1 year before LOTR starts.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Unless she has some way of stopping Sauron from getting the ring, she's effed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Unless she has some way of stopping Sauron from getting the ring, she's effed.
    Well, scenario is starting 1 year before the Fellowship and she starts in the Shire. Logistics alone suggest the Ring will be difficult to find or sneak away even if they do know it's location.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well, scenario is starting 1 year before the Fellowship and she starts in the Shire. Logistics alone suggest the Ring will be difficult to find or sneak away even if they do know it's location.
    I'll put it another way, are you spotting her knowing where it is? Because that brings up wayyyyy different problems.

I'll put it another way, are you spotting her knowing where it is? Because that brings up wayyyyy different problems.
    No, I wasn't planning on giving her any sort of knowledge on the Ring or its whereabouts.

Just to preface something: I doubt Khaleesi has any way in this Rumble to truly "kill" Sauron and I DONT think she can resist the Ring.

I'm leaving the Ring involved as a wild card, but was fairly certain I had chosen a time period and place that would make it logistically difficult for it to put itself into play near the beginning. Maybe I'm wrong.

So when I say "defeat Mordor" I more mean lay waste to its armies and beat it back in the short term. Not flat out kill Sauron as I believe that's just a no go.
    - big_adventure

Alright. Then while she does a lot of damage, as far as conquering Middle Earth, she's eventually going to run into people capable of putting arrows right through the eyeballs of her dragons.

Never really saw her army as anything special, beyond the dragons, myself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That's mostly the source of the damage. But eventually she's going to come up on the elves and the dragons are going to get got, as the kids would say.

(before someone notes, there is a world of difference between Daenerys' dragons and LoTR ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Never really saw her army as anything special, beyond the dragons, myself.
    The Unsullied dont feel pain and are loyal to a fault. They can stand in position without food or water for 3 days without wavering an inch.

The Second Sons' leader can kill opposing Champions in two blows despite them being on horseback.

The Dothraki have horses trained so well that they dont fear or falter despite running through the burning fields left by dragon fire. They can also stand atop their horses and shoot volleys of arrows at a full gallop.

They arent exactly typical footsoldiers, any of them.

While Im here, outside of Legolas, who has feats of arrow accuracy approaching "shoot a fire breathing 747 out of the air"? He may have to work over time is my point :P
    - big_adventure

The Unsullied dont feel pain and are loyal to a fault. They can stand in position without food or water for 3 days without wavering an inch.

The Second Sons' leader can kill opposing Champions in two blows despite them being on horseback.

The Dothraki have horses trained so well that they dont fear or falter despite running through the burning fields left by dragon fire. They can also stand atop their horses and shoot volleys of arrows at a full gallop.

They arent exactly typical footsoldiers, any of them.

While Im here, outside of Legolas, who has feats of arrow accuracy approaching "shoot a fire breathing 747 out of the air"? He may have to work over time is my point :P
    By overtime, do you mean shoot thrice? ;p

Are you using the show or the book? Because in the show the primary Dothraki tactic comes off as "zerg rush, maybe a few of us fire arrows".

Movie version has some pretty great accuracy, and IIRC, the Book version literally shot down a Nazgul, by shooting the mount out from under it in the dark while it was flying.

Not to mention a really frosty boy literally hucked a spear through one.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Are you using the show or the book? Because in the show the primary Dothraki tactic comes off as "zerg rush, maybe a few of us fire arrows".
    Ack! Apologies. Book LOTR. TV GoT
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

After hanging around the Shire for a year, Daenerys' armies are never going to get to any battle on time, having gotten in the habit of stopping for around twelve square meals a day.

Ack! Apologies. Book LOTR. TV GoT
    Okay, then again, what Dothraki are you talking about? Their primary battle tactic is zerg rush. They fire a handful of arrows, a few of them, at most.