BANNED

Default Has the US Military or United Nations ever tried to attack the Silver Surfer?

I havent read his major runs over the last several years but I dont recall any nation besides Doom/Latveria actually attacking him.

The first Surfer run by Stan and Buscema with Kirby right at the end is mainly Norrin flying around whining about his boo and being stuck on Earth while getting swatted around by aliens and various militaries. Also, Spider-Man, Torch, Abomination, and the Inhumans.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Sounds like lazy writing. Shame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Sounds like lazy writing. Shame.
    Opinions vary, but having read it I thought it was exceptional especially for the time it was written

Unlike anything from marvel at that time

The book is good, it's just very repetitive with the same theme and similar scenarios being repeated over and over. But the execution of those repetitive stories is exceptional and in a vacuum each story is great.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Silver Surfer has been attacked by Earth’s militaries on several occasions. Once, he declared himself the common enemy of the Earth hoping that all nations would unite against him and there would be no more war. That didn’t work.

Invincible Member

It was kind of common back in the day to have various military units take pot shots at him.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Silver Surfer has been attacked by Earth’s militaries on several occasions. Once, he declared himself the common enemy of the Earth hoping that all nations would unite against him and there would be no more war. That didn’t work.
    Yes, this happened in Fantastic Four #72

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Props to him I just like Silver Surfer way more now because of that

In the Surfer's original series, issue #14, after a brief battle with Spider-Man in NYC the military attacks him. Rather than fight the Surfer chooses to flee and summons his board but to his surprise there is a boy on it. Under a heavy barrage he uses his power cosmic to protect the boy even though it weakened his defenses. After seeing what happened the military ceased their attack and realize he's not a threat.

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    In the Surfer's original series, issue #14, after a brief battle with Spider-Man in NYC the military attacks him. Rather than fight the Surfer chooses to flee and summons his board but to his surprise there is a boy on it. Under a heavy barrage he uses his power cosmic to protect the boy even though it weakened his defenses. After seeing what happened the military ceased their attack and realize he's not a threat.

Good deal. Sounds about right. Misunderstanding being the gimmick for the confrontation.

I think the Silver Surfer was explained to have helped the FF defeat Galactus, so everyone thought Surfer was a good guy. So no need to attack him as a threat?