Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    That's cool - I appreciate the info, it's fun hearing about it.

You've mentioned the Golden Age Superman often, and (a few small things aside) I really think that general aesthetic is the way to go. It's dynamic but in a much more active/kinetic way (think of the difference between Fleischer and Snyder, for instance, I think Fleischer for the modern age would hit people perfectly). I've loved the idea for years now. And if they wanted to bill it as "the tale of the first Superman" they could even call it "Action Comics" or something like that and I think people would get it (if they can "get" that the latest Joker movie isn't Bat-connected, this should be fine).

If I had the time and budget, I'd make an indie version of it, myself. lol
    Oh! I also forgot one more important similarity. They both like bright colours. Krishna likes to wear yellow.since, we are on aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    But, using Religious imagery is different from making the dubbing the character as a parallel for religious figures like moses, jesus..etc.for instance, things like fullmetal alchemist, neon genesis evangelion, naruto, one piece , heck! Even the immortal hulk has it. It can be used to enrich a story as well. So i not going to say its outright bad.
    I agree. Some religious or mythological imagery is fine and can enrich a story like Superman (look at Aslan the Lion in the Narnia stories), just don't over do it. I don't mind when Lex compares Superman to Zeus or some godly figure, because like it or not, there is a lot of that in the character inherently.

I like to think of Superman as a bit divine due to his powers and goodness. For instance, loved it when in Superman Returns Lex told a beaten Superman "now fly." He was being a bully to Supes. He thought he had beaten a god.

From someone who hated batman v superman.i thought i would share this here because i feel it's relevant.i am not sharing this to change anybodies mind. There is analysis there which is constructive. So yeah!

It's remarkable how much these films are discussed.
    Last edited by Crabble; 11-17-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabble View Post
    It's remarkable how much these films are discussed.
    They have a passionate fanbase and hatebase. Also it was the first time Batman and Superman met on the big screen and it was one of the biggest underperformers ever. That’s going to leave a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They have a passionate fanbase and hatebase. Also it was the first time Batman and Superman met on the big screen and it was one of the biggest underperformers ever. That’s going to leave a mark.
    yeah the haters really hate it, and the lovers feel the need to defend their lord Snyder's masterpiece.

Check out the graph on the-numbers.com and the accompanying tables. It tells the story right there.

The $166 M open tells you about the hype the movie had, and how badly people wanted to see it. Unadjusted for inflation, that's still the #1 DCEU opening, and beats even the Dark Knight trilogy. That sad orange line far, far south of where the two-standard-deviation estimator for where the movie should've ended tells us how badly audiences were disappointed by it. The $166 M mark makes it #15 on the unadjusted list for biggest domestic opening weekend, but I'm not sure how far down the list you'd have to go to find a movie that had a final domestic box that was lower than BvS. For a movie with legs, look no further than another DCEU movie, Wonder Woman. Leg pun intended.

At least it had a big opening, which is more than I can say for movies like Fant4stic or the latest Terminator.

In short, it's not a movie that fans would be indifferent toward. Even the most ragged-on, "brainless" movies like Bayformers give the audience what they expected.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Check out the graph on the-numbers.com and the accompanying tables. It tells the story right there.

The $166 M open tells you about the hype the movie had, and how badly people wanted to see it. Unadjusted for inflation, that's still the #1 DCEU opening, and beats even the Dark Knight trilogy. That sad orange line far, far south of where the two-standard-deviation estimator for where the movie should've ended tells us how badly audiences were disappointed by it. The $166 M mark makes it #15 on the unadjusted list for biggest domestic opening weekend, but I'm not sure how far down the list you'd have to go to find a movie that had a final domestic box that was lower than BvS. For a movie with legs, look no further than another DCEU movie, Wonder Woman. Leg pun intended.

At least it had a big opening, which is more than I can say for movies like Fant4stic or the latest Terminator.

In short, it's not a movie that fans would be indifferent toward. Even the most ragged-on, "brainless" movies like Bayformers give the audience what they expected.
    Yeah. The big opening and the hype to the lead up of release is a good indicator that people wanted to see Superman and Batman in a movie for the first time. And were excited for the debut of Wonder Woman. So the characters brought people in in droves.

The end result and what was done with those characters is what turned them away. Something this big failing this hard is not going to fade from memory even after three years. Probably won't happen until after we get more distance and newer cinematic versions of Batman and Superman, if even then.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah. The big opening and the hype to the lead up of release is a good indicator that people wanted to see Superman and Batman in a movie for the first time. And were excited for the debut of Wonder Woman. So the characters brought people in in droves.

The end result and what was done with those characters is what turned them away. Something this big failing this hard is not going to fade from memory even after three years. Probably won't happen until after we get more distance and newer cinematic versions of Batman and Superman, if even then.
    And if you look at JL, by comparison: https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Ju...tab=box-office - you can see that people didn't even bother showing up in the first place - the main-line DCEU had two(and a half) chances and squandered them both (WW was seen as an outlier at the time with a female director). But those people that did go actually went back or got others to go. JL, even with all of it's faults, had slightly better "legs" than BvS. The Week 12 numbers are telling, especially: at week 12 (last recorded week on there), BvS did $193,821, whereas JL's 12th week did $194,326. Considering the fact that it started at half the numbers of BvS, that's pretty interesting, and (to me, at least) says a lot about what audiences were thinking at the time. JL's poor performance (again, imo) can be directly attributable to BvS (and SS and MoS to a lesser extent). It's why I feel that no cut of JL would have done better, and may not have done as "well" as what we got.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

It's why I feel that no cut of JL would have done better, and may not have done as "well" as what we got.
    To be fair, People aren't asking for the snyder cut because they think it's was going to be financially and critically lauded like the mcu movies or joker. Since, you brought it up. Snyder is a polarising guy. You may like superman or batman for that matter you got in jl. But, that isn't their superman. It isn't natural evolution of Snyder's superman. People have all the right to like their version of superman. Snyder's superman isn't wrong superman. It's a superman. There has never been a version of superman that is superior to others, except for maybe the creators. Only, subjective tastes.
    Also, bvs was cut to pieces as well. It was disjointed. Regardless, it would have had similar effect But lesser.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-18-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    To be fair, People aren't asking for the snyder cut because they think it's was going to be financially and critically lauded like the mcu movies or joker. Since, you brought it up. Snyder is a polarising guy. You may like superman or batman for that matter you got in jl. But, that isn't their superman. It isn't natural evolution of Snyder's superman. People have all the right to like their version of superman. Snyder's superman isn't wrong superman. It's a superman. There has never been a version of superman that is superior to others, except for maybe the creators. Only, subjective tastes.
    Also, bvs was cut to pieces as well. It was disjointed. Regardless, it would have had similar effect But lesser.
    Oh, I know that's not why people are asking for it (especially now) - I'm just saying that, after BvS, no version of JL would have done good box office numbers. It's a refute of the idea that Snyder's cut, being more "purely his vision," would have done much better at the box office if it had been released at the time instead of what we got. To me, the numbers show that's clearly not the case.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Oh, I know that's not why people are asking for it (especially now) - I'm just saying that, after BvS, no version of JL would have done good box office numbers. It's a refute of the idea that Snyder's cut, being more "purely his vision," would have done much better at the box office if it had been released at the time instead of what we got. To me, the numbers show that's clearly not the case.
    Well, jl movie could have at the very least broken even because it wouldn't have needed the joss whedon reshoots. The reshoot over bloated the budget. The people who know Snyder's style instantly understood it wasn't his movie and didn't bother to revisit. But, those can be easily mitagated by the guys who liked it. But they weren't enough for the bloated budget. the lip and bad cgi didn't help either. At the very least snyder would have been able to finish the movie he started. Snyder could have had a trilogy. Wb could have just asked him to step out for darkseid. Asked someone high profile jl2. If there was negativity, in the mean time they could have buit the jl members like they are doing now, including superman. Because superman would have been much more optimistic by the end. Instead, for getting a small bonus they just threw jl and dc brand as whole under the bus.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-18-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I just don't know what the Snyder cut people are expecting because his cut was obviously half a story; you don't get the conclusion even if it's finished. It's going to be an expensive cliffhanger they have no intention of following up on.

I'm sure they'll just demand the next installment which will not be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I just don't know what the Snyder cut people are expecting because his cut was obviously half a story; you don't get the conclusion even if it's finished. It's going to be an expensive cliffhanger they have no intention of following up on.

Again, only darkseid arc(which includes superman getting antilife equationed because of lois's perceived death) would be cut short. Jl members coming together. Cyborgs origin and his struggle with machine side. Also the death silas stone by steppenwolf. Barry's struggle as freak to find a place to belong. His struggle with his dad in jail would have been different. Superman's impact on these guys would have been portrayed differently. Superman's resurrection by using the codex. Superman's new outlook on things. Steppenwolf as a villain(backstory and all) and his defeat would have been different. Things overall would be different stroywise.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

yeah if WB cave in to their demands, what next once they get their JL cut? And will WB invest more $$ to finish the VFX and make all the Snyder fans happy? Or will they just release it unfinish? Does WB think the cut can make them real $?

If audiences didn't care before, Why now?