Default Riddler Question

Does anyone know the truth about the reason the Riddler was change in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight? After Hush the Riddler was on the run for his life from Hush and in Batman: Shadow of the Bat there was a back up about his run from Hush and the final story ended with him falling to his death. Then in BLDK he appeared in a new form. He said the reason was plastic surgery but I don't think he gave a why. He appeared this way for one or two other stories and then reappeared as his old self with no explanation. The run from Hush and the resulting fall to his death and the plastic surgery and returning to his old self was never explained. Does anyone know what was going on with the Riddler during that brief time?

Incredible Member

Riddler ran out of own personal confidence of self, changed image for a time, then DC decided to change him back to classic form.

As for "why?", I believe it was never told, as his reappearance back in classic suit was in a cameo in Infinite Crisis. I'd assume, it's simply either the artist did not read up to last two Riddler stories, or disregarded it and drew him in classic form for the event.

As for myself, I'm not complaining, as his "new" form at the time was creepy and unsettling anyways.
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-25-2019 at 09:57 AM.