Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Just looked at issue #11 cover, and I don't get Earth-W (Watchmen Earth, sorry if it's already been named), but I take your word that you see something I miss. Batman seeks Rorshach for help, sais the ad, gonna be good. As far as the button, I took for granted it came through when Manhattan brought Comedian over, just speculated that landing in batcave was not coincidence. Batman jumps universes- gets better the more I think about it.

Amazing Member

Doomsday Clock #1, hand on the keys in the same place as on #11 cover, nice catch. Can't believe I missed that, Bats takes a trip. Why do you think he's there?

Re: Doomsday Clock as a whole:

Does anyone even give a damn what’s going on anymore?

Not me, that’s for sure.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post

Not me, that’s for sure.
    I'm not buying/reading it (but tend to glance through issues at the store), however I do care if/how the Justice Society of America returns to continuity (or not) as a result of this bloated mess.

I have no serious ideas. Well, actually I did, but it was expressed to crickets. Not that I'm stewing about it or anything.

Amazing Member

Batman's hands in #11-could he be stopping the accident that created Dr M in the first place? Osterman never gets locked in the chamber, and no blueish guy ever started messing with the DCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post

Not me, that’s for sure.
    I do for sure. It's an amazing book. The only problem with it is the delays.

Weird for someone that hasn't read it to call it bloated or a mess. The delays are a mess. The book is great.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I do for sure. It's an amazing book. The only problem with it is the delays.

Weird for someone that hasn't read it to call it bloated or a mess. The delays are a mess. The book is great.
    I could certainly nitpick a few details. And in my opinion, those details would be enough to knock it down from the highest tiers of comic stories. It's very good, mind you, but when I come up with my top ten stories/series, DClock doesn't make the list for me. But not Top Ten is far from a failure.

And even the lateness is primarily annoying in that it's a week at a time. I'd still take this over the delays of the original Watchmen, Camelot 3000, Hickman's SHIELD, or dare I say it, Miracleman.

Fantastic Member

As badly as DC has gone off the rails over the last year, Doomsday Clock is about the only thing left that I still care about. And I say that knowing full well it's not going to have a major impact on the DCU anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JonaX View Post
    There is some unclear questions of why Mime and Marionette's child is so important, I reckon it is the key to saving both universe.

I have a theory that Laurie refused to help Ozymandias not only because she didn't trust him but she's looking after the child with Dan, it's the only connection I can think of why Ozy would go to Mime and Marionette for help.
    Someone has to birth the Joker...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Someone has to birth the Joker...
    Why?

Couldn't he result from spontaneous combustion or something?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why?

Couldn't he result from spontaneous combustion or something?
    Someone has to be under Rorschach's mask.

Astonishing Member

I figure it isn't either one of them as well just like in JLA the Nail, everyone is lead to believe that the antagonist of the whole issue is Superman, until at the end Spoiler: he isn't. I expect the same from Doomsday Clock, if it is just Manhattan changing stuff just for kicks, then there will be at least on my part a feeling of meh. I expect more from Geoff, but pray it isn't Superboy Prime (he's kind of beat that horse to death...twice).

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I figure it isn't either one of them as well just like in JLA the Nail, everyone is lead to believe that the antagonist of the whole issue is Superman, until at the end Spoiler: he isn't. I expect the same from Doomsday Clock, if it is just Manhattan changing stuff just for kicks, then there will be at least on my part a feeling of meh. I expect more from Geoff, but pray it isn't Superboy Prime (he's kind of beat that horse to death...twice).
    So you are saying Alexander Luthor?

Amazing Member

OK, so Batman has not jumped Earth's in #11, the hands on the key scene has been spoiled. Ozymandias does appear to be the puppeteer, seemed a little too obvious for something never actually shown. Plot pacing too slow for too complicated a reveal, too. "The Watchmen" parallels are about to end though, unless the big 3 show up too late to stop Veidt & just go along with the plot, and that ain't happening. Batman just saved the world from destroying itself, and this earned him an arrest warrant? Wonder how that works out? Any last minute predictions?