Lightbulb Pitch Me: the Indie Invasion!

Back again with another Pitch Me. Fairly certain this one will die BUT i thought it was an interesting idea worth putting forward. So once again, DC has come to you (yeah you. congratulations!) with one mission; Pick an indie property and make it fit in the DC Universe. You have 4 basic questions to answer: Who/what do you pick? What corner of the DC landscape will they exist? Who will they face off against? Who would they team-up with?

Pictures of the property are ideal (especially for the obscure ones) but not really mandatory. It'd just be helpful.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Funny thing i was thinking about it the other way around. I was thinking of the New Age of Heroes in Valiant or Hellboy.

I think Catalyst Prime in the Wild Storm could be interesting. DC tried to do something with Archie's mighty crusaders so i can see them trying something with the Gold Key crew (Turok, Doc Spector, magnus, doctor solar etc).

Incredible Member

Captain carrot and flaming carrot - in a heavily fruit, vegetable, and legume based book - cancelled after 2 issues

Crisis on Infinita-Eternia: When the missing-for-25-years, ace astro-pilot Earthling adventurer Marlena Glenn crash lands her space fighter on Oa after traversing the busted open Source Wall, who will believe her fantastical story and join her call to arms to help free her children and her adopted home, Eternia? Join Green Lantern, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Adam Strange, Alanna Strange, Zatanna, Superman, Wonder Woman, Tigorr, and Harpis as they journey beyond the Source Wall and take the fight for freedom not only to Eternia, but the stronghold of the Evil Warrior Horde itself on Eternia's sister planet Etheria. Will the power of some of the World's Greatest Superheroes be enough to defeat the twisted Power of "Blackskull?"
    Last edited by WonderScott; 03-25-2019 at 09:56 AM.

I can definitely see Hellboy and the BPRD mixin' it up with the heroes of the DCU. SHIELD works in a super-hero universe and the BPRD are a supernatural SHIELD. The various agents they already have can get a bit of a power upgrade to fit in better, but Hellboy's already on that level. He and Constantine would have a long and complicated relationship and he'd think the Phantom Stranger was too stuffy and spooky just for the sake of it. He'd make fun of the capes and tights heroes but get along with a few who could hang out and relax.

Grendel (Hunter Rose) had a pretty epic run-in with Batman a long time ago and was shaken by it, but if he had always been in the DCU and was accustomed to it, he could be a mix of Deathstroke and the Kingpin. He couldn't be in Gotham though - that city's too small for both him and Batman. Maybe NYC .... I can imagine him facing off against non-bat street level heroes like The Question or a rebooted Adrian Chase Vigilante - maybe a transplanted Crimebuster. Although come to think of it, he could end up having a weird and interesting relationship with Orphan. (Cassandra Cain)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman/Doctor Solar would be a fun mini.

A team-up between Young Heroes in Love and the Hero Alliance would be awesome to the max.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Ingenious idea for a thread!