Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Matt came up with the gag of them having to use leftover costumes scrounged from old storage since the mansion was destroyed. We just picked the ones we wanted to see them in.

I liked the choices for Scott, Logan and Havok.
    But they could have been more creative about the New Mutants:

Edit. Ow, and that BS about Phoenix "reveals who you are when you’re unstoppable" means that Jean secret desire was to kill a a whole solar system?
    Last edited by Mutant X; 03-25-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Damn! That image of Logan going after Wildside is awesome. He looks pretty imposing. The giant tree-trunk sized arms and brown costume (as opposed to piss yellow) certainly help with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Do they really have to pick a Xavier Files question like almost every Monday?
    its so annoying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Edit. Ow, and that BS about Phoenix "reveals who you are when you’re unstoppable" means that Jean secret desire was to kill a a whole solar system?
    Well they gotta do SOMETHING to keep justifying the narrative of how horrible Cyclops was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Go back and read it again, that's not true, she just wanted a huge "cosmic orgasm", she didn't even know those planets were there
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

1. "It's different for me, Scott." Lawl.

2. Those colored doves just might be the most amusingly ridiculous thing ever. Doesn't make Kitty/Poccy any less creepy/WTF-ish, but oh well. Arguably a step up from X-Men Gold, I guess?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Do they really have to pick a Xavier Files question like almost every Monday?
    He's pretty much the face of the X-fandom, so kinda sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Go back and read it again, that's not true, she just wanted a huge "cosmic orgasm", she didn't even know those planets were there
    Read comics? What is this, a comics forum? Lol

Cyclops shouldn't have had the Phoenix anyway. They really just wholesale jacked Jean's thing to make it about him. Fanboyism was out of control. AvX didn't have the negative fallout it should have.
    Last edited by Can'tHexTheX; 03-25-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    1. "It's different for me, Scott." Lawl.

2. Those colored doves just might be the most amusingly ridiculous thing ever. Doesn't make Kitty/Poccy any less creepy/WTF-ish, but oh well. Arguably a step up from X-Men Gold, I guess?
    I think some of those doves are supposed to be in shadows, but in any case -the wtf ship- kill it with fire...*shudder*

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think some of those doves are supposed to be in shadows, but in any case -the wtf ship- kill it with fire...*shudder*
    The poor guy's face says it all, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wasn't the whole (continuity-shedding) premise of AvX that the Phoenix was a corrupting influence and that's why the Avengers/Wolverine wanted to kill it and Cyclops was naive to believe it wasn't?
    Precisely. But JDW has always been on the "Cyclops was wrong" field since at least Schism. If needed, the X-Office will have the character change their stances on drinking coffee or eating fruit as long as they get to crap on Scott for doing one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wasn't the whole (continuity-shedding) premise of AvX that the Phoenix was a corrupting influence and that's why the Avengers/Wolverine wanted to kill it and Cyclops was naive to believe it wasn't?
    Yep. The Phoenix is a corrupting force that had to be expelled except when Scott used it, in which case he acted voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yep. The Phoenix is a corrupting force that had to be expelled except when Scott used it, in which case he acted voluntarily.
    I will never understand why their position on this needs to be Scott killed Xavier when the story doesn't reflect this at all. It irks me so that this guy is in charge now.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I will never understand why their position on this needs to be Scott killed Xavier when the story doesn't reflect this at all. It irks me so that this guy is in charge now.
    Because the opposite is to admit that then all AvsX was empty.