Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kitty Pryde

1) she’s Jewish

2) .... idk what else?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    I agree. Jacques Cousteau is the epitome of cool. He's the reason my first major in college was marine biology (unfortunately, I let a cousin who had duel degrees in marine biology and economics talk me into switching majors as he felt I'd have trouble in the job market with a marine biology degree).

Varying interest are what makes Marvel great. Not everyone has to find the Jacques Cousteaus of the world (and fictional world) great, the point is that some do. And everyone deserves to have a character that they can relate to and enjoy. There's something for everybody.
    My interest never carried me that far, but I love those oceans shows. It is a fascinating, unexplored frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and what does he have in common with Walter, again (outside of liking water)? if you want to impress me, make Walt like Quint.
    Walter is an oceanographer and an inventor, just like Jacques Cousteau.

Quint is a cliche. Cousteau is an amazing original who changed the world. Sorry you don't appreciate that, but different strokes and all that.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Walter is an oceanographer and an inventor, just like Jacques Cousteau.

Quint is a cliche. Cousteau is an amazing original who changed the world. Sorry you don't appreciate that, but different strokes and all that.
    no need to apologize. i'm not bothered by characters with decent designs who have no personality i.e. James Macdonald Hudson. I just think that they could have done a lot better. and his lack of appearances (and recent sacrificial lambing by Namor) is testament to that.

Boisterously Confused

Carol Danvers:
    1. Her original title was a rare, feminist advance for Marvel
    2. Her old alcoholism arc was interesting
    3. Her recent film is a rare feminist advance for the MCU

Namor:
    1. Can control sharks.
    2. Maintains a great body (must be all that swimming)
    3. Was once beheaded by the Squadron Supreme - hey, I liked it.

Extraordinary Member

Jean Grey

1) Despite just having red hair as being a defining feature, she manages to be a visually beautiful and unique enough character that she stays relevant.

2) She is a strong leader and offers the X-Men a strong emotional anchor...when she's dead.

3) Her return hasn't been handled too badly, but I fear how it will work once she's reintroduced to Logan and Scott.

BANNED

Emma Frost.

1) She believes to herself.
    2) Her vitriolic manner of speach. She definitely know how to put a dork in his place.
    3) She is beautiful, undoubtely.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Deadpool
    - You Are Deadpool is one of the coolest and most creative things to come out of Marvel in the last decade.
    - He has the most striking and iconic of all Liefeld's designs.
    - His supporting cast is fairly big and well-developed for a character introduced in the 90s.

BANNED

Punisher
    1) His backstory is tragic enough
    2) The violence is pretty cool in small doses
    3) He's not afraid of killing

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    no need to apologize. i'm not bothered by characters with decent designs who have no personality i.e. James Macdonald Hudson. I just think that they could have done a lot better. and his lack of appearances (and recent sacrificial lambing by Namor) is testament to that.
    Both of those characters have personalities, even if you don't appreciate them. And lack of appearances doesn't prove anything. There's plenty of characters that sadly don't get used, cause I guess we need more Deadpool or Spider-man books. Likewise getting sacrificed to push another character. But clearly, we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Both of those characters have personalities, even if you don't appreciate them. And lack of appearances doesn't prove anything. There's plenty of characters that sadly don't get used, cause I guess we need more Deadpool or Spider-man books. Likewise getting sacrificed to push another character. But clearly, we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Uh huh. "...........

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Captain America:

1. He's had some fantastic movies recently.
    2. I dig the chainmail look.
    3. The shield can make for interesting fight scenes.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.