Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is this the end of Marvel Television ?

Given Kevin Feige’s comments on how Marvel studios is involved in Disney + Marvel shows it makes me think that the Marvel toenails side is all but done come next year. I mean if there isn’t any plans for Marvel Television in the near future, then what’s the point of having it around anymore ?

Marvel TV is transitioning into something else or we might see a further split in the future.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They announced 5 new animated projects with Hulu, AOS still has at least 2 more seasons to air, Runaways was just renewed for a third season, and there's no sign so far that Cloak & Dagger will be cancelled. So they do have plans right now, which is why I don't think it's going to be the end of that division, at least not yet. I do fear about them becoming obsolete once Marvel Studios start to release their own TV shows, though. Time will tell...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think sooner or latter Disney will have everything in one of two places. Most of their stuff will be on their streaming service with maybe stuff that is a little too "edgy" for that being on Hulu. I don't think you are going to anything new announced that is not on of those two platforms. I really doubt you ever see another ABC Marvel show.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given Kevin Feige’s comments on how Marvel studios is involved in Disney + Marvel shows it makes me think that the Marvel toenails side is all but done come next year. I mean if there isn’t any plans for Marvel Television in the near future, then what’s the point of having it around anymore ?
    I am almost afraid to ask what the heck is a Marvel Toenails Side???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I know, right?? I saw that and thought, "Yuck, toenals with a side of Fungus, among us!!"

I think Marvel Animation as it was is pretty much kaput aside from doing Marvel Rising stuff. Everything else is more directly Marvel Television.

Disney + seems to be Kevin Feige's playground for the TV shows and cartoons if he had a personal hand in them (not that I want every cartoon on Disney+ to have to center around the MCU).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    My apologies as I wrote this very early in the morning. Also, Kevin Feige has commented a n how HIS marvel shows for Disney + will matter to the MCU films going forward. So where does that leave the Marvel Tav side of things ?

Loeb is pretty confident that he will still be around! http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...90218marvel01/
    Via press release from Marvel]
    A Letter to Marvel Television Fans from Jeph Loeb

It had never been done before.

Four separate television series, each with different super-talented showrunners, writers, directors, cast and crew, coming out months apart and then...

...they would meet in a single event series all set in the heart of New York City.

We called them The Defenders.

And together we were thrilled by stories of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and even the Punisher joined in!

They said it couldn't be done.

But Marvel assembled amazing teams to write, produce, direct, edit, and score 13 seasons and 161 one-hour episodes.

Take a moment and go online and look at the dazzling list of actors, writers, directors, and musicians who graced us with the very best of their craft.

We loved each and every minute of it.

And we did it all for you -- the fans -- who cheered for us around the world and made all the hard work worth it.

So, Thank You!

On behalf of everyone at Marvel Television, we couldn't be more proud or more grateful to our audience.

Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters... but you know Marvel better than that.

As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said, "The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up."

To be continued...!

- Jeph Loeb and all of us at Marvel Television
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

What about the moon girl and devil dino show and big hero 6 cartoon om Disney XD?

There is those marvel rising tv movies and specials also.

Extraordinary Member

I am pretty sure Feige would be very happy if he could get control of all the Marvel characters, including the ones that the TV division currently controls. But for now we've only heard of him doing shows that are spinoffs from the movies, using characters that he already controls.

Maybe we'll know Marvel TV is dead or dying when Feige announces some direct-to-TV/streaming projects featuring characters who haven't been used before.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I am pretty sure Feige would be very happy if he could get control of all the Marvel characters, including the ones that the TV division currently controls. But for now we've only heard of him doing shows that are spinoffs from the movies, using characters that he already controls.

Maybe we'll know Marvel TV is dead or dying when Feige announces some direct-to-TV/streaming projects featuring characters who haven't been used before.
    Or if suddenly ever Marvel cartoon not on Hulu is overseen by Kevin Feige .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Marvel Animation as it was is pretty much kaput aside from doing Marvel Rising stuff. Everything else is more directly Marvel Television.

Disney + seems to be Kevin Feige's playground for the TV shows and cartoons if he had a personal hand in them (not that I want every cartoon on Disney+ to have to center around the MCU).
    Let's be honest, given the quality of Marvel Animation since they decided to synergize everything to the MCU, is this even much of a loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Let's be honest, given the quality of Marvel Animation since they decided to synergize everything to the MCU, is this even much of a loss?
    Well, I know Black Panther fans are going to miss Pantherjack .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I know Black Panther fans are going to miss Pantherjack .
    Yes. Yes, indeed. And I am not even being sarcastic, sardonic, or ironic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.