Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

It's hard to think of something permanent in superhero comics. I guess it would have to be something Batman experiences that cannot be un-experienced easily. One thing I can think of is Batman losing his parents again, but this time as an adult. Martha is resurrected and she is killed along with Thomas Wayne.

I'd like to see crazy murderous Martha become a recurring villain just because she was such a cool character, but it seems unlikely.

A wedding would be completely awful, in my opinion. A total story-killer for the ages.

Incredible Member

I really don't know anymore. I'm guessing Bruce and Selina will get married, but I don't think that will have permanent impact, especially if it only happens in his last issue. I mean, that could very easily just be undone in the next one, if the new Batman writer doesn't want to have that in there. They could just ignore it entirely, pretend it never happened, even.

I kind of thought if King married them, he'd at least have a few issues of them actually being married, so we could see what that looked like, but if that doesn't happen, it's just like a last minute nod to fans who wanted to see it, without having to write them as a married couple. And if he doesn't do it, I doubt the next writer will. They'll just erase it or ignore that it happened altogether.

Making them have a kid is more difficult to ignore. But I'm not getting any indication that will happen. If it did, I do think it's more likely future writers would have to deal with that in some way, but again, I'm not getting any impression that's what his plans are.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 07-03-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Bane breaks Batmans back again

1st big change- Batman opens up a ballet school, and he teaches class (with Cass as his assistant) while in a tutu and his cowl.
    2nd big change- Helena is born, making Damian the big brother.

Longshot:

Nightwing/Dick Grayson is free from Bat Editorial
    Flashforward to BatCat baby being born.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Censorship Sucks

If I had to guess, and given the current state and direction of all modern comic books, Bruce and Alfred start dating and Tim Drake reveals he is an immigrant and gets sent down to the Mexican border where is trapped and living in a cage. Social justice at it's finest. For real though, I think a good change when Tom King leaves is 1. No more Tom King 2. the return of decent stories??? Of course, number 2 is not guaranteed!

Maybe it's because I haven't become as invested in Batman as everyone else over the years, but I for the life of me can't imagine the BatCat wedding being anything but boring. I think it has to be something else. Maybe Alfred being killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Longshot:

Nightwing/Dick Grayson is free from Bat Editorial
    Flashforward to BatCat baby being born.
    Meme.jpg

Honestly though, those are some of the biggest changes King's made during his run. I'm still confused as to why Bat Editorial insists on keeping the Ric-storyline around.

I could see Kite-Man sticking around and becoming a storyline for Batman and The Outsiders or Red Hood and The Outlaws.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Fantastic Member

After reading this thread...I've gotta be honest...why do we even care about Batman anymore? DC's editorial will never tell a good story. Good stories have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Otherwise, it's little more than a sitcom. But Batman is supposed to be more than that. If he's not going to be more, then I say just drop Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Meme.jpg

Honestly though, those are some of the biggest changes King's made during his run. I'm still confused as to why Bat Editorial insists on keeping the Ric-storyline around..
    Because the bat Editorial doesn't know what to do with him. He's batman Jr and they have the real batman and other batmen and women also. It's just time for nightwing to leave the bat editorial and go back to where he was born. The DCU.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

A wedding and a child are too safe. I don't think those are the big changes. besides we've seen them before so they are not really changes. I expect something like his Mum coming back so his parents are still alive or Bruce has to kill Thomas. Those are biggies not a marriage that the writer has been teasing since day 2 of this run.

The marriage is a carrot on a stick. it's not going to happen.

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Bruce decides he is happy and wants to drop the cowl and help as billionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne.

Thomas becomes The Batman.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Bruce decides he is happy and wants to drop the cowl and help as billionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne.

I like that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post

Ah, change that would last a week, rather than decades. And how old is this Thomas? Batman can't be old, you know - just ask DC.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Because the bat Editorial doesn't know what to do with him. He's batman Jr and they have the real batman and other batmen and women also. It's just time for nightwing to leave the bat editorial and go back to where he was born. The DCU.
    I'm surprised DC hasn't thought about putting him in a mentor role for the Teen Titans. He was the first sidekick in comics after all, I'd imagine that up and coming teen heroes would look up to him and want his advice.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.