Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Paving the way for Bruce to give up the cowl and settle down. I still don’t think he will be with Selina by the end of Toms run
    Bruce isn't about to give up the cowl. not even temporarily. that was done by the last two writers [i know King and Synder are taking notes from Morrison but that would be ridiculous]

DC isn't about to retire their most valuable and profitable character either.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I want Bruce and Selina to get married, but I don't want it to happen right in the last issue. It will never last at all in that case. Why can't he have them get married sooner and then at least be able to write them married for a little while?
    how will them getting married work exactly? Considering that everyone knows that Selina is Catwoman and the villains know that catwoman is shacking up with Batman? Do you believe that Selina and Bruce are willing to endanger ALL his allies 5 of them teenagers for their happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So after reading Batman#73....

spoilers:
    Bruce and Thomas are going to revive Martha Wayne at the lazarus pit
    end of spoilers

That may be it.
    That was batshit crazy. Now that is a big change. This has my interest. I might even start pulling Batman again if he pulls this off.
    And he did say that the big change had implications that will be dealt with in the main batman title
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-18-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That was batshit crazy. Now that is a big change. This has my interest. I might even start pulling Batman again if he pulls this off.
    And he did say that the big change had implications that will be dealt with in the main batman title
    I have a feeling this does not work and will be abruptly stopped in the next issue.

I have a feeling this does not work and will be abruptly stopped in the next issue.

That's a shame because that would actually be something never before done. Something that'll change batman for a generation. His mother being raised even if she's back temporarily would impact Bruce for a generation more so than having a kid which was done and getting married which was done in son of the demon. This could be king's 2nd original idea in this run

Thomas Wayne being back is already a huge change and original idea no 1.

Fantastic Member

Let's hope it does. Otherwise the two big changes have already happened: Thomas Wayne and Ric Grayson.

Flashpoint Martha Wayne is fantastic. Having her hit the scene, with her glorious grin, creates something any writer would kill to play with, and it's not just Bruce drama. Every single family member, ally, friend, and enemy has amazing potential for interactions with Flashpoint Martha Wayne. It also works to make Bruce go, "Nope. Can't give up the cowl now. Thanks, Dad."

Plus we've known since issue 1 a Batman is going to die, which means Thomas is doomed. Having an adult Bruce deal with his parents fighting, and then his dad's death a second time, does make for some good future writing that other people would want to work with. It even ties neatly into Metal, Doomsday Clock, Detective Comics, Batman and the Outsiders, Red Hood, and potentially Teen Titans which is something I would have previously never thought King's Batman could achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Let's hope it does. Otherwise the two big changes have already happened: Thomas Wayne and Ric Grayson.

Flashpoint Martha Wayne is fantastic. Having her hit the scene, with her glorious grin, creates something any writer would kill to play with, and it's not just Bruce drama. Every single family member, ally, friend, and enemy has amazing potential for interactions with Flashpoint Martha Wayne. It also works to make Bruce go, "Nope. Can't give up the cowl now. Thanks, Dad."

Plus we've known since issue 1 a Batman is going to die, which means Thomas is doomed. Having an adult Bruce deal with his parents fighting, and then his dad's death a second time, does make for some good future writing that other people would want to work with. It even ties neatly into Metal, Doomsday Clock, Detective Comics, Batman and the Outsiders, Red Hood, and potentially Teen Titans which is something I would have previously never thought King's Batman could achieve.
    Oh My! If King pulls this off then all is forgiven. this trash run will go down as legend. I didn't even consider all of that. I hope King is think along the same lines as you because talk about game changer.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Oh My! If King pulls this off then all is forgiven. this trash run will go down as legend. I didn't even consider all of that. I hope King is think along the same lines as you because talk about game changer.
    According to his Twitter, interviews, and fans he doesn't. But given that I called all the reveals from issue 72 back in a thread about #50, who knows? I could be wrong and he could do what most adaptions do and have it end with a BatCat marriage. But if it does happen, anyone with relationship experience outside of high school should have been able to see all the seeds of a spectacular divorce seeded through the build up to the wedding.

I hope I'm right, because Flashpoint Martha would be the most spectacular game changer to the DC universe and Bat books. She's up there with Damian...actually, despite the fact that I only got into comics for Damian, she's beyond him. There's so much potential with her that no one would ever want to put her back in the box or erase her like they would and do BatCat.

Just think about her and Harley. Oh! Think about her interactions with her brother as well as her nieces and grandkids!

I hope I'm right, because Flashpoint Martha would be the most spectacular game changer to the DC universe and Bat books.
    I hate her existence and certainly don't want her in our world ("good character is evil" - even in alternate - is so dull to me). Plus, I desperately hope for Bruce to get healthier and happier. It's a vain hope, I'm sure. But Flashpoint Martha sure isn't going to take the character/comic in the direction I want. So it'll probably happen.

Why do folks assume Thomas is trying to bring back Flashpoint Martha? It makes far more sense to me he'd be bringing back OG Martha.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Why do folks assume Thomas is trying to bring back Flashpoint Martha? It makes far more sense to me he'd be bringing back OG Martha.
    I agree. Flashpoint Martha is already crazy and a dip in the Pit is only going to make her more so. I don't find that to be at all interesting or even something that would change Batman for a generation. Having it be OG Martha works much better in this scenario because its far more likely to have a lasting effect on this world's Bruce. It is his mother as opposed to a "version" of his mother from another universe after all so if she comes back to life and also comes back crazy because of the Pit THAT would certainly be something that would change Batman and his mythos.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I think it'll be OG Martha because how would Thomas have access to the Joker Martha's body in the first place? It would have been in the ground and erased in The Button. We know Thomas was yanked out of that timeline at the last second, but there's no reason for Manhattan to grab Martha's Jokerized body too. I think this has to be OG, regular old Martha.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

As for my guess on the 2 lasting changes:

1. Bat/Cat marriage

2. Martha gets brought back and Thomas doesn't die, giving Bruce back his parents...and thus meaning, to quote Val Kilmer, "I'm not Batman because I have to be....now, because I choose to be."
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I think it's possible that bringing back OG Martha (which is what he must be doing unless we're explicitly told otherwise) will cause her to approximate Flashpoint Martha - the restoration will drive her insane and she'll echo the FP version. It'd fit within the overall arc for Thomas to try to re-do his life and end up with functionally the same screwed up "marriage"
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I think it's possible that bringing back OG Martha (which is what he must be doing unless we're explicitly told otherwise) will cause her to approximate Flashpoint Martha - the restoration will drive her insane and she'll echo the FP version. It'd fit within the overall arc for Thomas to try to re-do his life and end up with functionally the same screwed up "marriage"
    Agreed but I'd take it a bit further. There are SO many possibilities with bringing back classic Martha.

We know the Lazarus pits make their resurrected temporarily insane but we have no idea what the Nain pit does so anything could happen directly after her resurrection.

I'm even more interested in what might happen after THAT, if she is indeed in the coffin and is indeed resurrected. When she died Batman didn't exist, obviously. And certainly he wasn't at the center of her life. She was a wealthy wife and mother with a happy, charmed life. Now Thomas or Bruce are meant to explain all that's happened since her death on main earth AND Flashpoint earth? Her reactions to all that could go anywhere. To me, insanity is the tip of the iceberg.

This is just one more example of why I love King's Batman so much and wish his run would never end. I've taken Batman personally for pretty much all of my 50 years but I've never taken him this personally. I don't argue with those that dislike King's run but, for me, King's Batman is the perfect example of why I read comics or appreciate really any art form.

I can't wait for the next issue. Over and over and over again.