View Poll Results: Inhumans or Eternals?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inhumans

49 60.49%
  • Eternals

32 39.51%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which property would you have preferred in the MCU: Inhumans or Eternals?

Out of pure curiosity, which comic property would you have preferred to see in the MCU? This is purely hypothetical and ignoring the failure of the Inhumans TV show and the announced Eternals movie.

Purely based on the properties, their characters and the potential to drive the overall narrative of the MCU forward, which movie would you have liked to see become a reality?

I do not know a lot about the Eternals, but based on the little knowledge I have, I would have chosen the Inhumans to get a movie instead. I feel like the inclusion of Captain Marvel and the Kree's involvement in Guardians of the Galaxy, I feel like the Inhumans would have been a more natural addition.

Even ignoring that they came first and are more important, the Inhunkies have more interesting powers, a more interesting aesthetic, a more diverse cast; a more interesting premise, actually have a place in the universe they inhabit without being redundant, and most importantly, they have a dog. The BiggiE's only have the Celestials, and you don't need the former to do the latter anyway.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I wanna see both because I think they can all fit in the MCU. I would love to see a Medusa with giant moving hair and a better looking Triton on screen in an Attilan that is up to cinema standards though.

I think that DC greenlighting the New Gods movie impacted the MCU's decision making just like Batman vs. Superman impacted Civil War. I think this is why they're going with the Eternals. I'm not complaining about them though. The more Kirby, the merrier.

https://screenrant.com/new-gods-movi...-dc-comic/amp/

Ultimate Member

I'd like to see both, but if I had to pick one, I'd like to see a (much better than the one we got) version of the Inhumans.

But that ship has sailed, hit an iceberg, and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. So I guess we'll be trying the Eternals next.

I won't say I necessarily prefer one or the other... but I suspect Eternals will be easier to do.

It's just a variaton of the Greek Gods, only making them almost more aliens (not unlike what they did with the Asgardians).

Young Avengers please.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Eternals, if they want heroic stories.

Inhumans, if they want deep scifi cautionary dystopian tale.

I prefer the former. Eternals are the gods we deserve.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Eternals, if they want heroic stories.

Inhumans, if they want deep scifi cautionary dystopian tale.

I prefer the former. Eternals are the gods we deserve.
    I think Eternals might make for a better movie, while Inhumans might make for a better TV show (not that this is what actually happened... but in theory).

Trying to explain the Inhumans in 2 hours would be difficult. But Eternals are somewhat easier since everyone sort of knows and understand greek gods to begin with. Not that the Eternals are greek gods, but there's enough overlap to make it an easy translation.

Astonishing Member

Eternals already appeared in the form of Thanos. Focusing on them would only better serve Thanos’ characterization.

Astonishing Member

Want both, but like the Inhumans more soooo ya voting them.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Neither are particularly interesting, but at least the failure of the Inhumans series lead to Anson Mount's role on Star Trek Discovery. Also they have a dog, a dog that no one was allowed to touch but a dog nonetheless.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

The Eternals are not likely to replace the Xmen. So them it is.

Delightful thread! Of course, I would say "why not both?", but clearly I think the Inhumans would have more relevance and be more tied into the MCU, already, and despite the movie of sub-standard quality.

An Inhumans movie could be the vehicle to bring the FF back, covertly, innocuously - whatever. Just invert the story: The Inhumans discover a stasis bound FF (from, ahem, a space flight in November 1961) on the moon.

At any rate, I really dig the Eternals and think their movie will do what I've wanted to see; a historical view of the MCU. We could get glimpses of the Invaders, for example, prior to recast Cap and others. So a lot of good things in revisioning or enhancing the MCU will come out of the Eternals movie.

In fact it could be the vehicle to bring back the Inhumans, since their origins intersect.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd like to see both, but if I had to pick one, I'd like to see a (much better than the one we got) version of the Inhumans.

But that ship has sailed, hit an iceberg, and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. So I guess we'll be trying the Eternals next.
    One need only look at the media history of Captain America to realize one (or even multiple) bad iterations won't necessarily keep a good hero down.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Delightful thread! Of course, I would say "why not both?", but clearly I think the Inhumans would have more relevance and be more tied into the MCU, already, and despite the movie of sub-standard quality.

An Inhumans movie could be the vehicle to bring the FF back, covertly, innocuously - whatever. Just invert the story: The Inhumans discover a stasis bound FF (from, ahem, a space flight in November 1961) on the moon.

At any rate, I really dig the Eternals and think their movie will do what I've wanted to see; a historical view of the MCU. We could get glimpses of the Invaders, for example, prior to recast Cap and others. So a lot of good things in revisioning or enhancing the MCU will come out of the Eternals movie.

In fact it could be the vehicle to bring back the Inhumans, since their origins intersect.
    This thread was not created with any malice or discontent towards either the Inhumans or Eternals. I was just genuinely curious what the general consensus of comic book fans was since we were at one point going to receive an Inhumans movie and now getting an Eternals movie.

I chose the Inhumans because they personally are more interesting to me, but that being said, I am reading more Eternals comics to prepare for the movie and am definitely interested in seeing what they bring to the table. Of course I would love both of these properties to be represented in a movie of their own as I am always of the opinion that the world is big enough for all of the colorful characters that Marvel has to offer.