View Poll Results: Inhumans or Eternals?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inhumans

49 60.49%
  • Eternals

32 39.51%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I think Inhumans would have worked best, but I do like the Eternals getting a chance now that Scott Buck has ruined the Inhumans for a long, long time.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Inhumans(NOT the Nuhumans) all the way!!!! I think the Marvel Knights series would be awesome to see on the big screen and enjoyable for general audiences. TeenDrama. Superpowers. Conspiracies... what's not to love?

I pick the Eternals, I read and watch Inhumans I liked it but we have seen a Marvel give inhumans a "God push" and only Ms Marvel and Moon Girl came out of it and not one main property. I have seen several pushes of the Royal family and nothing has ever sticked. I think the Inhumans can work but concept has to move beyond the Royal family which I can say does not work long term. I am down for Eternals simple because we have seen their full potential

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think the Inhumans could have worked had they not tried to make them into the X-Men.
    I think it *could* have worked in the MCU as a mutant substitute. I think it was a mistake to try it in the comics. Im not saying Marvel actively tried to usurp the X-Men like some fans believe, but it was too much overlap and a weird twist on a really cool IP. But in the movies, where the mutants couldn't be used until now, I think it could've worked if played right.

I think the Inhumans' being created by aliens plays with "hated and feared" really well in a post-Battle of New York world too.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Inhumans(NOT the Nuhumans) all the way!!!! I think the Marvel Knights series would be awesome to see on the big screen and enjoyable for general audiences. TeenDrama. Superpowers. Conspiracies... what's not to love?
    That's the series that made me see the appeal of the IP.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's the series that made me see the appeal of the IP.
    Because it leaned heavily into the strengths of the IP; the royal intrigue, the hierarchy and caste system of this society that in a way is so similar to how we are and what we know but so different. And I feel like War and Realm of Kings continued on with those themes. It also gave some insight into what it means to be royal and that there is a huge difference between duty and moral responsibility. I believe that the Eternals can touch on these elements too if they wanted, but that is what makes the Inhumans so great and interesting to me.

If I had my way, I would use Captain Marvel as a launching point for the Inhumans.

This is mostly ripped directly out of the comics and I think it would translate into a really cool movie, especially with the ground work that Captain Marvel laid down. I think the movie could go like this:

The Kree's defeat by Carol Danvers (essentially an experiment by the Kree) would incite fear in the Kree of the prophecy of the Midnight King- a King who would be the undoing of the entire Kree race. In order to prevent this prophecy from becoming true they embark on a journey to destroy all of their experiments, including Black Bolt, his family and his subjects living in Attilan. The city is attacked, the Inhumans don't take this lightly, blast off into space and wage a war against their creators and oppressors on Hala.

According to the what could have been, the Soul stone was supposedly going to be in Attilan on the moon and we were going to get a battle between the Black Order and the Inhuman royal family, so that isn't far off from what I think would work for a cool movie.

Boisterously Confused

One handicap that the Inhumans have is a lack of unique place in the Marvel Universe. They had one until the X-Men titles started building up mutants as a race and community, rather than as genetically anomolous humans.

Niffleheim

I want both but I guess Marvel Studio will only do Eternals. Good thing i've promised myself that Endgame (hopefully) will be my last comicbook movie

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    One handicap that the Inhumans have is a lack of unique place in the Marvel Universe. They had one until the X-Men titles started building up mutants as a race and community, rather than as genetically anomolous humans.
    I, personally, always thought the Inhumans had a much better established community, culture and traditions than the mutants. But I agree that the X-Men did occupy that space a bit with Genosha, Utopia, etc.

BANNED

Inhumans should be given a second chance to be established in the MCU. Feige should swallow his pride and throw the Marvel Television a bone or two to give it some revelation to the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

A TV show still isn't enough to truly depict their powers and setting. They need a movie, and logically the time to do it is soonish as the plans for the MCU Kree move forward.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A TV show still isn't enough to truly depict their powers and setting. They need a movie, and logically the time to do it is soonish as the plans for the MCU Kree move forward.
    Agreed, done right the Inhumans are beyond the budget of a tv show. It'd be a great format to capture that slow-burn political drama vibe, but it'd be too costly to pull off well.

I dont see Feige giving them a second chance. They're pretty far from being essential Marvel, they already had a shot with the tv show, and Ike's insistence on getting them onto the screen may have soured Feige's view on the IP.

Maybe the MCU will come back around to the Inhumans once some of their other viable properties have been wrung dry.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

both seem like really bad ideas. if they want to make money, the X-Men are where it's at. the Eternals (like the Inhumans) are hard to relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    both seem like really bad ideas. if they want to make money, the X-Men are where it's at. the Eternals (like the Inhumans) are hard to relate to.
    I wouldn't say they are bad ideas. The MCU has proven that they can make money off properties that aren't the X-Men and will most likely continue to make movies that aren't mutant-related.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 03-28-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Inhumans. I know nothing about the Eternals and couldn't even name one if held at gun point. Even though I know little about the Inhumans also, I always thought Black Bolt and Medusa were interesting enough characters... and of course Lockjaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I wouldn't say they are bad ideas. The MCU has proven that they can make money off properties that aren't the X-Men and will most likely continue to make movies that aren't mutant-related.
    maybe. i think Guardians was a fluke. and i think the Eternals are too much like the Inhumans (which already failed). seems so pointless when what they are looking for is the X-Men. the latter have enough material for multiple movies. the marvel formula works best when there's already story to adapt. the Eternals aren't bringing anything new to the table. plus, they block out the Olympians. i'd rather see Hercules than the Forgotten One, personally.