View Poll Results: Which female X-Men villain would you like to see become a "Big Bad"?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Candra

9 5.14%
  • Cassandra Nova

17 9.71%
  • Deathbird

12 6.86%
  • Lady Deathstrike

6 3.43%
  • Mortis

5 2.86%
  • Selene

82 46.86%
  • Spiral

19 10.86%
  • Zaladane

13 7.43%
  • Other

12 6.86%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I am 100% in favour of Siena Blaze. I still recall that issue of X-men Unlimited from the 90’s where she fought Xavier and Storm in the Antarctic. When Siena used her powers Storm got a sudden raging migraine from the “screams of Mother Earth” or something to that effect. Chuck and ‘Ro spent most of the encounter telling her “Turn down your nasty hipster bullshit ffs!” and Siena kept telling them “No way, oldsters! I like it up on eleven!” I may have left a lot out in the abridged version there.
    I loved that issue, too, and really like Siena Blaze a lot. Partially because she was a boss in a Sega Game Gear game I had when I was a kid and she hurled tornadoes at you.

I do agree Siena needs to have her powers tweaked. Keep the devastation, but take away the chance to destroy the earth, or at least make her sanity not so... unpredictable.

The writers are free to use Siena at any time, though, with her being resurrected during Necrosha. Although I'll never understand why the whole Neverland concentration camp storyline wasn't more controversial at the time, or even now.

Ultimate Member

I'm partial to villains that bring an entire world of potential with them. Of those listed, Deathbird and Spiral definitely count, between the Shiar stuff and the Mojoverse stuff.

Theoretically, someone like Zaladane, or one of the Savage Land mutate ladies, like Vertigo (or Snowblind, or Lupa) also works, or one of the MLF, like Tempo or Dragoness, because they've got all sorts of 'stuff' around them, whether it be other mutates (and the whole Savage Land setting), or an entire team of other mutants and possible remnant tech from the future left cached around by Stryfe (including teleporters and secret bases and the like). Vertigo's an interesting choice if only because she and the other mutates have whatever machines Magneto first used to create a bunch of mutates in the first place, suggesting that she could round up a bunch of people and jumpstart them into powered goons, if she wanted.

Selene potentially has various 'spawn' banging around the world, since she was first introduced grooming Amara for such a position, using her power quasi-vampirically to turn Amara into a life-draining immortal such as herself, implying that she's done this before, and that there could be *other* life-draining immortals floating around, having been 'turned' by her over the centuries (or millenia) she's been skulking around. Any of these characters would likely have some previous mutant power, a weaker variation of Selene's own life-draining immortality schtick, and centuries worth of power and influence built up wherever they have chosen to land, making even these 'sub-spawn' of Selene potentially big freaking deals... (And, presumably, Selene somehow (mystically?) gets a 'cut' of the life-force they drain to sustain their own immortal lives, giving her both a reason to make said 'spawn,' and a reason to encourage them to flourish and spread out across the world, because she's getting 'fed' remotely by their own selfish desires to keep on living, and it's most useful if they are scattered around and impossible for any one foe of hers to find and kill, to deny her this resource.)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this is her most recent look
    Hmm...well, I can see how some artists wouldn't mind drawing that costume. When you think dark, seductive, sorcerous, psychic vampire goddess who has existed since the dawn of humanity, it could have been much, much worse, I suppose. I probably would have gone with a more gothic look. It's cliché, but not nearly as cliché as cleavage-spilling bustiers.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Granny Selene all other answers are wrong
    Well, we could merge Selene into the Goblin Queen. Double the darkness, double the fun!
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Lady Deathstrike. Not that neutered Weapon X version. Make her the head of cyber Yakuza Clan, and enemies of the Crimson Samurai. Or have her do do a hostile takeover of Madripoor.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Selene, all the way.

Btw, how do you all pronounce her name? I now know the Greek Selene is more like "Cell-eh-nay"/"Su-Leh-nay" or even "Sea-lini", but when I was a kid I always thought it was more "Sa-lean".
    I used to pronounce it "Suh-leen" until I heard one of my classmates -- a European exchange student -- pronounce it "Seh-LAY-nee". It may not have been the correct way to pronounce it, but the way she softly curved the hard consonants did it for me. That's what I hear now whenever I read the name. (And thank you for reminding me of my biggest high school crush.)

~James Baldwin

I voted Spiral!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    I voted Spiral!!
    Spiral easily has the most iconic look out of all of the X-Men's female villains. That begs the question... would she be a stronger villain if they didn't feel the need to constantly tie her to a rather jokey villain like Mojo? I'd love for Spiral to become an A-List threat.

Zaladane is currently ranked third on the poll, which is impressive since she hasn't been seen in the main Marvel Universe for nearly three decades! Marvel really should bring her back ASAP!

Spiral is iconic?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Spiral is iconic?
    She's had multiple cartoon and video game appearances

Other than Deathstrike I don't think any one else on this poll can say the same

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Spiral is iconic?
    More than whoever Candra is.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She's had multiple cartoon and video game appearances

Other than Deathstrike I don't think any one else on this poll can say the same
    After Mystique and Lady Deathstrike I'd say Spiral is the third most prominent & recognizable female X-Men villain. And visually, you see a six-armed woman in a Marvel comic and know exactly who it is.

After getting her full powers back in Mr. and Mrs. X, I really hope they don't reduce Spiral to Mojo's lackey again anytime soon. I'd love to see her having agency of her own outside of Mojoworld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Would love to see more Candra.
    Were the External Candra character make her debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, then I'd like said debut to be battling the MCU Storm..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Selene is one of the richest X-villains in terms of origins, powers and potential.

I'm glad Coates is using her in Captain America, expanding the character for the rest of MU.
    Glad that the character crosses paths with the Captain America character again after 29 years..

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd love for Spiral to become an A-List threat.
    Multidimensional serial killer. Killing the same person in every plane. Sic Captain Britains on her.