View Poll Results: Which female X-Men villain would you like to see become a "Big Bad"?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Candra

9 5.14%
  • Cassandra Nova

17 9.71%
  • Deathbird

12 6.86%
  • Lady Deathstrike

6 3.43%
  • Mortis

5 2.86%
  • Selene

82 46.86%
  • Spiral

19 10.86%
  • Zaladane

13 7.43%
  • Other

12 6.86%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Arkea as a sapient bacterium that infects technology would be very easy to make an MU-wide threat. Start with her hijacking Iron Man's armors, merging with Ultron and his descendants, corrupting the Extremis viral formula, or even taking over the Phalanx or some combo of all the above to raise a kind of cyber-zombie army that ravages the Marvel Universe, Earthbound and more cosmic settings alike. Could actually put the symbiotes to shame.

Selene vs. Candra, who shall be the supreme reigning immortal mutant villainess? Battleground . . . the entire Marvel Universe, with Candra marshaling and expanding the Assassins' Guild, Selene raising a new death cult, as per Beetle's suggestion (I think she might be using her new position in Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America book to do that, anyway), to fight for her, and the heroes (and villains) of the MU caught in the middle.

Madelyne Pryor and Miss Sinister could team up to form a new Sisterhood, first taking out Mister Sinister and taking all his resources, particularly his stockpile of superhuman DNA from both mutants and nonmutants as seen in Hunt for Wolverine: The Adamantium Agenda, for their own ends.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    That's a really great and interesting idea. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before. Like a reverse Thunderbolts on a quasi-cosmic scale.
    I would swear that in War of Kings, Vulcan basically had a few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I would swear that in War of Kings, Vulcan basically had a few of those.
    Vulcan was Emperor of the Shi'ar and therefore commanded the Imperial Guard. There wasnt an evil offshoot

Spiral is a lot of fun. I think she would've been a fun replacement for a lot of Mystique stories in the past decade.

Cassandra Nova is best in sporadic doses of terror. She's insanely powerful and any showdown will be an epic.

I'd like to see Destiny return and humanize Raven a little more.

Brood Queen.

She should win one and get a daughter Queen with mutant powers. Like Havok’s, or Husk’s, or something.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Spiral is always an interesting adversary, and Selene should be used more often than the over-used Mystique.

Animax....

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I think these are two different questions. I may want a female villain to become a "Big Bad" (Selene or Brood Queen, for example), but also I may want Spiral to have more storylines as herself, that is, very much as a Greek tragedy grey character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Vulcan was Emperor of the Shi'ar and therefore commanded the Imperial Guard. There wasnt an evil offshoot
    But I think I remember that he recruited some that were not in the original because they were too unstable.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. The Brood got promoted to cosmic level due to appearing GotG and Infinity.

At least they were in X-Women and ANW.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Of those choices I'm gonna go with Selene

She has the most stature/gravitas

And quite a few of those characters aren't really villains , Spiral has largely gotten rehabbed, likewise to an extent with Deathstrike

Cassandra Nova just got used in RED, and many will probably vote for her but meh, she's too gross for me
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Cassandra Nova just got used in RED, and many will probably vote for her but meh, she's too gross for me
    She has the usual schtick of 'evil version of the good guy' in that she has all his powers *and* a bunch of other crap (telekinesis, for instance). Same with various new Wolverines or new Spider-Men, who always seem to have all the powers of the original, plus pheremones or spider control or whatever. Yawn. If you *have* to have *more* powers than the original just to keep up, then clearly you are the inferior copy.

Plus I like Ernst, and the notion that she has some mutant form of progeria that lets her access an entire human woman's lifetime of strength multiplied across that lifetime, in any single moment of that lifetime, making her *seen* super-strong, even if it's just the strength of one woman, multiplied by years and years of effort... Her just being a junior Cassandra Nova faking it with telekinesis is super-boring.

Selene, all the way.

Btw, how do you all pronounce her name? I now know the Greek Selene is more like "Cell-eh-nay"/"Su-Leh-nay" or even "Sea-lini", but when I was a kid I always thought it was more "Sa-lean".
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Selene, all the way.

Btw, how do you all pronounce her name? I now know the Greek Selene is more like "Cell-eh-nay"/"Su-Leh-nay" or even "Sea-lini", but when I was a kid I always thought it was more "Sa-lean".
    "Cell-eh-nay" because it's the way I'd pronounce it if it was a name in my language (portuguese). No idea if it's the right way.

I always liked the Leper Queen as a villain. Selene is a great 2nd choice for me though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.