View Poll Results: Which female X-Men villain would you like to see become a "Big Bad"?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Candra

9 5.14%
  • Cassandra Nova

17 9.71%
  • Deathbird

12 6.86%
  • Lady Deathstrike

6 3.43%
  • Mortis

5 2.86%
  • Selene

82 46.86%
  • Spiral

19 10.86%
  • Zaladane

13 7.43%
  • Other

12 6.86%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I always liked the Leper Queen as a villain. Selene is a great 2nd choice for me though.
    I did, too! I love incorporating horror into villains and she fills a niche for me.

Nice call!

I'm a little surprised at just how many votes Selene has. I never realized she was so popular, especially over characters that are used more prominently outside of the comics like Lady Deathstrike and Spiral.

I've heard Candra made her reappearance recently in Mr. and Mrs. X. I haven't read it, what are others' thoughts on it?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a little surprised at just how many votes Selene has. I never realized she was so popular, especially over characters that are used more prominently outside of the comics like Lady Deathstrike and Spiral.

I've heard Candra made her reappearance recently in Mr. and Mrs. X. I haven't read it, what are others' thoughts on it?
    For me, I feel like Deathstrike has had too much exposure as a collaborator through the Weapon X series to given her a meaty "big bad" position. And Spiral has almost ALWAYS been someone's lackey (usually Mojo's), so I don't see her as worthy either.

Of the women in this list, I think Selene has the most appeal and ability to be a focused villainess and antagonist to the X-Men. Aside from Cassie.

Astonishing Member

It was acknowledged that she died and now she has the body of an eleven year old. I think she might be ‘regenerating’ or something. It hasn’t been stated outright why she is like that.

Lady mastermind
    Miss sinister

Both of these could be good jean antagonists after anxm and xmb, but I’d be down to see them become xmen villains in general.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I wouldn't mind seeing Madelyne Pryor coming back. She is still alive after being resurrected by Arkea. She didn't show up with Selene in the "Power Elite" so it appears Maddie is going solo for now. I guess they could have Madelyne come back with a new Sisterhood working against the X-Men and everyone behind the scenes.

Comic Geek in General

Selene.....surprised she hasn’t been seen lately
    Last edited by Decoy; 06-03-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Madelyne Pryor coming back. She is still alive after being resurrected by Arkea. She didn't show up with Selene in the "Power Elite" so it appears Maddie is going solo for now. I guess they could have Madelyne come back with a new Sisterhood working against the X-Men and everyone behind the scenes.
    Madelyn has been way too quite lately.....maybe she went over to Ben Reilly’ s Book.......Either that or she’s waiting for all the players to be in the field.....(her ex is back, yet her source anger is presumed dead , her ex brother in law is on the field.......if she is plotting anything, she’d have appeared by now, if anything than to torment Scott......unless again she’s waiting for Jean and her son to appear)

Comic Geek in General

Deathbird has t been seen since she came out if her coma......you’d think, after Gladiator’s apparent demise, she’d try for the throne.....or is she trying to find Vulcan?

A pretty obscure choice, but Vertigo of the Savage Land Mutates. 100% just because I think she has a cool, distinctive design. I wouldn't mind it being as more of a redemptive arc than a villainous turn, since she tends to just die and get cloned when she shows up as a bad guy.

Selene has the right amount power, history with X-men and general background to feel like a big threat. She is the easy choice to me she feels like a female apocalypse just this ancient being that when she shows up leaves massive devastation behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Selene.....surprised she hasn’t been seen lately
    she's a mook to a normal human in captain america now
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    she's a mook to a normal human in captain america now
    Really? I haven't been following the current Captain America, but that's kinda sad for a prominent X-Men villain.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

First of all SOOO happy for your Selene love, the first mutant. Underrated.

Second, yes it would be sad, but the X writers dont use her so ...better than not being used.

Third, I didnt know that and will now read Cap. America.

Most importantly BRING BACK DESTINY! THE BEST X-MEN VILLAINESS. And one of the only elderly ladies lol.

Astonishing Member

Penny newson. Rember the girl at the end of the quarantine storyline that got angles powers and left with drugs to get xmen ablitys including Phoenix and Emma's. You can do some thing with that