Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would argue Young Justice is not for kids. Heck wasn’t one of the pros of being on DCU was that they didn’t have to censor themselves anymore? DCU could use more ages 10 and under content, right now it’s heavily skewed towards YA.
    I just think back to previous Weisman series like Gargoyles. It was dark for a Disney series, but you could tell they really had to reign it in at times due to TV censorship at times. They only got away with the Gargoyles genocides because the Gargoyles were all statues at the time.

BANNED

A sociopathic super-intelligent jor-El and his young grand son Jon Kent go on cosmic space/multiverse adventures. Basically Rick and morty

PICKLE JOR-EL

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    For many decades now I've wanted a half hour sit-com with Jimmy Olsen as the lead.
    I am not much for sitcoms, but if we can not get Olsen as the lead role in anything else I guess I am all for it.

Mighty Member

CONNER KENT and CASSIE SANDSMARK (with guest stars Bart Allen,Tim Drake)

Conner Kent:
    -Full Kryptonian Powers,TTK
    -25 Years old
    -tall,muscular guy
    -Superman Symbol Tattoo on his right Arm..
    -the blue/red leather jacket Superboy Outfit
    -nice,but self-confident

Cassie Sandsmark
    -Amazon Style so she is tall,muscular,pretty (like the Artemis in the DC Comic Series, Diana in the Pre-Flashpoint Comics)
    -Conners Girlfriend
    -using Sword,Shield and her electrokinesis and her Lasso
    -as powerful as Diana is

I would REALLY REALLY like to see that...

Not like the Supergirl Series, but see a Super-Charakter who is like Terminator, unstoppable etc., not having Drama,Romance etc. but having the Titans of Tomorrow Conner with the Attitude of the Conner from start...Making Jokes,Trashtalking while catching bullets,beating villains,ripping tanks in half etc.

Paired with a good looking blonde Amazon who is also extremely powerful and because of her skills with swords and shield she can fight with bare hands and sword and shield...

That paired with Bart Allen who is there for the funny scenes and also helps them-would be very awesome...

I'm going to start with doing over the existing Superverse shows, mainly the one I can no longer stand.

SUPERGIRL

- stays on CBS, never interacts with CW Earth

- Superman embargo (denials to the contrary notwithstanding) lifted from the start

- Kara Zor-El is Karen Starr

- Kara/Karen is a believable 14-year-old starting high school after being discovered 2 years earlier by an established adult Kal/Clark, who is already married to Lois Lane. They promptly adopt her, giving her the surname Starr because comics (I mean, one of Clark's deceased human relatives).

- Jimmy Olsen is an age-appropriate red-headed "weirdness magnet" classmate of Karen's, also starting high school

- Lena Thorul is around, completely unaware of her connection to Lex, and attending the same high school in Metropolis

- Eve Tessmacher and Kitty Kowalski are part of the mean girls clique that Lena is always tempted to join

- Karen lives with Lois & Clark, whom we mainly see in civilization guise every episode, but once or twice a season (usually the premieres and the finales) we get Superman in all his caped glory onscreen.

- Karen learns different lessons from Lois than she does from Clark

- her school is populated by various Superverse / DCU characters in civilian guises

- Dick, Donna, Garth, Babs, Tula, etc make recurring guest appearances, mostly in civilian guise as fellow visiting students

- show runs for a planned min 4 seasons (high school) to a maximum 8 seasons (high school + college) and ends with Karen graduating from college and also graduating from Supergirl to Power Gal/Woman.

Astonishing Member

I think if you mash up some people's ideas on here for a Jimmy Olsen show with some other people's ideas on here for a Cadmus/heavily Kirby-influenced show, that would be my dream come true. Like, update and expand Kirby's old Jimmy Olsen series from the '70s and throw in as much Kirby stuff as possible.

Otherwise, yeah, with the exception of Supergirl, I'm kinda burnt on Superman/Batman shows without any appearances from Superman/Batman. They just seem like a giant tease and clearly an announcement to the whole world that they could just not swing the tv rights to these characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Where my Jimmy Olsen-Doctor Who ripoff show bros at?

Retired

THE PHANTOM ZONE. Each week the Phantom Stranger introduces another strange tale from the . . . Phantom Zone.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

A young Adam Brody type as James Olsen. The show would focus on Jimmy and his life, relationship problems and financial woes. A lovable loser who hits it big when Superman gives him the chance to photograph him, landing him a job working for the legendary Lois Lane.

Clark Kent would be part of the main cast and Jimmy's best friend, but he would 100% be unaware that Clark is Superman. Clark is loyal and caring but also flaky as hell and will straight up drop off the face of the earth for days on end. Ron Troupe, Perry White, Jimmy's lame brother Henry, Ms. Cho (his landlady), and Oscar his neighbor across the hall- all round out the cast. Plus Jenny Olsen, no relation, who is always stealing his leads and maybe his heart??!

The dual identity would also be played for comedy, as sometimes Jimmy's inability to see that Clark is Superman would border on the absurd. Clark would be a real serious character, for Jimmy's more neurotic nature to bounce off of.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-23-2019 at 10:05 PM.

JLA The Nail could be a great Jimmy Olsen story that isn’t tethered to his mild mannered reporting.

I'd focus on Kon-el or Kenan Kong trying to figure out how to be the next Superman.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-19-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Spectacular Member

A new Krypto show, but live-action using either affordable talking animal SFX, or just hear their thoughts Wishbone style. Since Supes himself is off-limits, he'll go superheroing himself around the world and in space, team up with other "super-pets" and be a good dog. Rogues gallery includes a mix of classics like Lex's dog Destructo, Brainiac's ape Koko, and new ones, some based on the Super-Pets Encyclopedia from a few years ago, some made up by the writers as needed. Maybe appearances by (young) Jon and Damian. Both Ace and Titus are in, occasional appearance by frenemy Dawg.

Something way into the future. Let's say that instead of Superman in the Legion of Superheroes, it was Superman's great-great-great...-great grandson.

Other than Krypto, I think today any Superman-without-Superman show that takes place during Superman's prime is just undermining an already-disrespected character, adding fodder to the execs who think Superman is not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    A new Krypto show, but live-action using either affordable talking animal SFX, or just hear their thoughts Wishbone style. Since Supes himself is off-limits, he'll go superheroing himself around the world and in space, team up with other "super-pets" and be a good dog. Rogues gallery includes a mix of classics like Lex's dog Destructo, Brainiac's ape Koko, and new ones, some based on the Super-Pets Encyclopedia from a few years ago, some made up by the writers as needed. Maybe appearances by (young) Jon and Damian. Both Ace and Titus are in, occasional appearance by frenemy Dawg.
    Man, this would be a great kids show!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Supergirl, Krypton, that upcoming Lex and Lois show or whatever, we may all want, desperately want, another proper live action Superman show, but sad fact is we won't get it. So, in light of this, what kind of Superman show without Superman would you like to see?

Me, I think a Reign of the Supermen series could work well. Set after the Death of Superman (which we only get to see snippets of the fight, like on news reports and flashbacks throughout the first season), we focus on characters like Lois, Steel, and Superboy, and even do some episodes from the point of view of Cyborg Superman and the Eradicator, each doing their own thing and shaping the new Metropolis around them. We'd even see a few ruined streets and destroyed buildings from the Doomsday fight in the background and the rebuilding process taking place. Like little hints of just how epic a fight that must have been, but you know, without making us watch Superman die again for the umpteenth time.

You would have Lois as the emotional hook of the show, grieving Clark while investigating these new Supermen, and providing the Daily Planet stuff, like in the animated movie. You'd have your fun, superhero escapism and action provided by Steel and Superboy (with the clone origin and Lex Luther connection). You'd have the other two "Supermen" providing drama and darker tones, even dipping into some horror elements from time to time. You could even get Jimmy some time to shine to inject some more humor here and there. The old something for everybody approach. And keeping the stakes high but most of the threats a bit more earth based, should still manage to make it look good on a TV budget only a bit larger than say Supergirl or the Flash.

I don't know who I'd want in all the roles, I don't know all about current TV actors like some, but I do know I want to make them feel as comic accurate as possible in terms of personality.

Anyways, that's what I'd like to see done. What spinoff without Superman but set in his world would you like?
    That sounds really great, I would love that.
    The Bizarro World mini series sound really interesting too.
    There was talk of a Metropolis series starring Lois and Lex before Superman arrives, that sounded interesting. Anybody know if that's still happening?