Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I personally would LOVE to see a Kon El, Cassie Sandsmark, Bart Allen Live Action TV Series..

From

Young Justice over Teen Titans to Titans..

Imagine Young Justice with Impulse,Kon El,Cassie,Arrowette etc. in live Action...

I would really really love to see a Kon El who is based on this cool punk version of the Comics with leather Jacket etc.
    Having Kryptonian Powerset and TTK...

Or instead of Supergirl, Superboy (Kon El with TTK and Kryptonian Powers)

His personality and his TTK Powers would give the writers more freedom to write the character than Supergirl, whose TV Series character I dont like....

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    There is already Young Justice and they are in the series and I think if we ever get Season 4 and Season 5 they will certainly be into one Team..
    Young Justice is no longer for kids though. They aged it up with the original audience, which isn’t a bad idea. But it’s definitely not all ages show in the vein of that pitch I linked to above. It deals with human trafficking and has pretty gruesome on screen violence now. So there would definitely be room for a all ages skewing Super Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I think, if you're going to do a Superman-less Superman show, setting it post-Death of Superman is a a good bet, although I'd stretch out Superman's resurrection out over the course of 5 seasons with Lois, Jimmy, Lex, Supergirl, and Maggie Sawyer as the main leads.

Each 12 episode season would introduce a new alternate Superman, starting with Steel, then Superboy, then The Eradicator, and finally, the Cyborg Superman and Superman himself (played by the same actor) in the last season.

I wouldn't stick too closely with the comics, but let the strengths of the actors, audience response and the more limited TV budgets guide where the show goes within that loose structure.
    I didn't even think of Supergirl. I don't think she was in the original story, but it's not like it needs to be a completely faithful adaptation, and Supergirl would make a great addition to the cast. Just so long as she's not like the CW version (I like that version honestly, but this should be different).

I know smaller seasons is the popular trend now, but what about a 24 episode season with half season story arcs? You could still get the benefit of a tighter story via smaller arcs, but still deliver more total episodes to enjoy.

Retired

Watching THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, you almost don't need Superman in the show. The other characters carry most of the scenes--including Clark Kent. And knowing how much pain and anguish that George Reeves suffered in that costume, I actually prefer to see him as Superman in as few scenes as possible. Just let Kent do the heavy lifting.

There is already Young Justice and they are in the series and I think if we ever get Season 4 and Season 5 they will certainly be into one Team..
    I would argue Young Justice is not for kids. Heck wasn’t one of the pros of being on DCU was that they didn’t have to censor themselves anymore? DCU could use more ages 10 and under content, right now it’s heavily skewed towards YA.

Boisterously Confused

The Cadmus Kids

Basically a reposition of The Newsboy Legion as creations of Cadmus, each with a minor unique ability. They escaped their oppressive lives as labrats into the dark corners of Metropolis' Suicide Slum, getting by as they can, with the help of Bibbo who gives them a place to sleep above his bar.

Jim Harper also watches over the escapees, both as a police officer, and as the mysterious Guardian, who stalks Suicide Slum, protecting its helpless denizens. Harper was a former guard at Cadmus before leaving in disgust. He's known Bibbo for years and steered the escapees to his care.

The stories are about growing up and family, often using Cadmus monsters to drive a metaphor. Sometimes these monstersare other escapees, and sometimes Cadmus agents, hunting the boys.

Supporting players include Maggie Sawyer and Turpin and the Daily Planet staff. Superman exists, but never plays a feature role. He's an unrelated headline at best.

Twist 1: the escapees didn't escape, they were allowed to escape. Cadmus wants to test their adaptability in the real world. Guardian was steered to finding the kids by Cadmus' agent, Bibbo, who was placed to monitor Guardian for Cadmus' from the beginning.

Twist 2: some of the efforts to capture the escapees are real. There's a Civil Cold War inside Cadmus between pure scientists and would-be weapons makers. Both are equally hideous, but it's their competing agenda that gives the escapees a chance.

Twist 3: over the first season, Bibbo becomes as disillusioned with Cadmus, and to care as much about the escapees as Guardian. But how can he tell them?

Astonishing Member

I see that “Krypto the Superdog” has been forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I see that “Krypto the Superdog” has been forgotten.
    Isn’t he getting an animated movie soon?

Incredible Member

Yeah Young Justice is no longer child friendly since they felt the need to up the egde with more violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I didn't even think of Supergirl. I don't think she was in the original story, but it's not like it needs to be a completely faithful adaptation, and Supergirl would make a great addition to the cast. Just so long as she's not like the CW version (I like that version honestly, but this should be different).

I know smaller seasons is the popular trend now, but what about a 24 episode season with half season story arcs? You could still get the benefit of a tighter story via smaller arcs, but still deliver more total episodes to enjoy.
    Speaking of Supergirl, I would like a series with young Kara and Alex like they did in the TV show's episode "Midvale" where they are still in high school and do sort of a Nancy Drew style show with Kara and Alex solving mysteries.
    That episode was so good and it's too bad they never did any more of those.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Speaking of Supergirl, I would like a series with young Kara and Alex like they did in the TV show's episode "Midvale" where they are still in high school and do sort of a Nancy Drew style show with Kara and Alex solving mysteries.
    This! It doesn't have to be on a mainstream network, it can be the streaming service but that sounds cool! When Smallville was still on the air, I suggested something similar with that show. Clark in elementary school or Jr. High using his powers to solve mysteries.
    Assassinate Putin!

Super sons of course. I was also thinking Steel. I don't see him in much.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 04-02-2019 at 02:47 AM.

I was thinking what about just Metropolis? In the same vein as Krypton, set before Superman's arrival. The politics of the city alone have some stories to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A Metropolis show revolving around Maggie Sawyer and Dan Turpin as the city struggles with the arrival of super powered criminals and the machinations of Lex Luthor.
    Captain Sawyer's involvement could involve her giving information about the GCPD's struggles as well, and would play off the DEO interestingly.
    Last edited by TheRay; 04-07-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'd be up for it! Kara low-key using her powers when things are about to get serious, but otherwise helping her sister get to the bottom of mysteries. With guest appearances by J'onn, Clark, Lois, and maybe a Bat family member or two as it is strongly implied she knows at least some of them besides Bruce. Not immediately, but down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Super sons of course. I was also thinking Steel. I don't see him in much.
    Yeah I was thinking Steel. And throw Natasha in there too.